How locked down/mandated are you - October 15, 2021

What level of lockdown/mandates are you living under today.

• Full Lockdown

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Mask Mandate in public

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Mask required in retail and restaurants

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Vaccine requirement to enter retail or restaurant

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Limited entry - half capacity

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • no mask mandates

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Very limited restrictions

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • no restrictions whatsoever

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here very few people wear a mask. Most businesses do not require them and when not required you see very few. Our local sheriff in this rural county also stated I believe that he would refuse to enforce any such rules/lockdowns on the state level. However, since Kemp does not support such mandates that has been a non-issue. I do not like our current sheriff ( for other reasons, but was glad when he made that one very clear.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nope. Democracy calls for us to vote out those representatives that do not represent our interests and that is what I'll be doing in 2022 when I help to vote DeSantis out.
may or may not happen What will you do if YOU lose?

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
NJ, masks are only required if unvaccinated, but most places don't check. Masks are simply recommended at this time.
It's supposed to be that way in CA. But that just gave the irresponsible and brainwashed people an excuse not to wear a mask. I just treat them like the plague . Luckily there's a high percentage of vaccinated people. So less people are getting it. I still wear a mask. A lot of people do.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not really locked down at all here in Los Angeles.

There’s a mask requirement in stores for LA county and a vaccine pass requirement just went into effect for bars and large venues in the city of LA (with spotty enforcement so far) but aside from that, there’s no requirement to be vaccinated or to wear masks out in public and no one is being forced to stay home.
My cousin told me, that her and boyfriend plan to bring fake COVID-19 negative test to a concert . I'm sure she was joking . It's to easy to test for COVID-19. But , it looks like Conservative Christians are trying everything to get us forced into digital medical tracking in the body. By faking documents . Imagine being responsible for that. But everything to Conservative Christian is always the liberals fault.

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟380,931.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Central Ohio here. My city has no real restrictions. Most business do not have signs on their doors. Some businesses have the signs up to wear a mask if you're not vaccinated, but no one checks. The only business I've seen that had a mask required sign is Chipotle, but that was weeks ago. I haven't been back to check to see if their sign is still up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's supposed to be that way in CA. But that just gave the irresponsible and brainwashed people an excuse not to wear a mask. I just treat them like the plague . Luckily there's a high percentage of vaccinated people. So less people are getting it. I still wear a mask. A lot of people do.
Fortunately, vaccination rates are pretty high here, and no one gives you flak for wearing a mask.

Heck, even the cookout we went to said not to be afraid to mask up if you wanted to, even though all attending had been fully vaccinated.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,713.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What i learned was that these lockdowns, curfews, mask mandates, and other fear measures. Did nothing to, as they said flatten the curve, but they were successful in creating a fear panic among people, who believed these government/media deceivers.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What i learned was that these lockdowns, curfews, mask mandates, and other fear measures. Did nothing to, as they said flatten the curve, but they were successful in creating a fear panic among people, who believed these government/media deceivers.
The lockdowns saved thousands of lives. They would have saved more, but many ignored them. Vietnam they took it seriously, and Covid eventually broke through many of their precautions, they kept their deaths to a small fraction of ours (about 10% per capita), and this is while bordering China with a very dense population. Delaying the pandemic gave them time to prepare.

South Korea has managed to keep the death count to under 3% of ours per capita.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
masks

Why are they canceling folks who say masks do not prevent you from getting or giving the virus?

found this from 4/2020
Will face coverings 'flatten the curve' and stop the pandemic?
We have reviewed the many modeling studies that purport to demonstrate that cloth masks or face coverings have the potential for flattening the curve or significantly decrease the number of cases. These studies fail to recognize several important facts:

• The filter performance of a cloth material does not directly translate or represent its performance on an individual, because it neglects the understanding of fit.
  • Cloth masks or coverings come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and materials and are not made according to any standards.
  • Transmission is not simply a function of short random interactions between individuals, but rather a function of particle concentration in the air and the time exposed to that concentration.
  • A cloth mask or face covering does very little to prevent the emission or inhalation of small particles. As discussed in an earlier CIDRAP commentary and more recently by Morawska and Milton (2020) in an open letter to WHO signed by 239 scientists, inhalation of small infectious particles is not only biologically plausible, but the epidemiology supports it as an important mode of transmission for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19
COMMENTARY: Masks-for-all for COVID-19 not based on sound data

Really hard to find current reporting on whether masks help other than the cdc narrative

IMHO it is all about control of the masses

"conspiracy theorists" now equates to heretic

heretic
noun

her·e·tic | \ ˈher-ə-ˌtik , ˈhe-rə- \
Definition of heretic

1religion : a person who differs in opinion from established religious dogma (see DOGMA sense 2)especially : a baptized member of the Roman Catholic Church who refuses to acknowledge or accept a revealed truthThe church regards them as heretics.
2: one who differs in opinion from an accepted belief or doctrine : NONCONFORMIST

Definition of HERETIC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
masks

Why are they canceling folks who say masks do not prevent you from getting or giving the virus?

found this from 4/2020
Will face coverings 'flatten the curve' and stop the pandemic?
We have reviewed the many modeling studies that purport to demonstrate that cloth masks or face coverings have the potential for flattening the curve or significantly decrease the number of cases. These studies fail to recognize several important facts:

• The filter performance of a cloth material does not directly translate or represent its performance on an individual, because it neglects the understanding of fit.
  • Cloth masks or coverings come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and materials and are not made according to any standards.
  • Transmission is not simply a function of short random interactions between individuals, but rather a function of particle concentration in the air and the time exposed to that concentration.
  • A cloth mask or face covering does very little to prevent the emission or inhalation of small particles. As discussed in an earlier CIDRAP commentary and more recently by Morawska and Milton (2020) in an open letter to WHO signed by 239 scientists, inhalation of small infectious particles is not only biologically plausible, but the epidemiology supports it as an important mode of transmission for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19
COMMENTARY: Masks-for-all for COVID-19 not based on sound data

Really hard to find current reporting on whether masks help other than the cdc narrative

IMHO it is all about control of the masses

"conspiracy theorists" now equates to heretic

heretic
noun

her·e·tic | \ ˈher-ə-ˌtik , ˈhe-rə- \
Definition of heretic

1religion : a person who differs in opinion from established religious dogma (see DOGMA sense 2)especially : a baptized member of the Roman Catholic Church who refuses to acknowledge or accept a revealed truthThe church regards them as heretics.
2: one who differs in opinion from an accepted belief or doctrine : NONCONFORMIST

Definition of HERETIC

Who said conspiracytheorists are heretics?

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
"Even when a store says vaccinated people don't have to wear a mask, I leave mine on. Because I want to leave up as many barriers as possible between me... and people who want to talk to me."
- Frank James, speaking for INTP personality types like me

• Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

pacomascarot

Oct 9, 2021
Southern California
✟3,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
masks

Here's the deal: there's articles like the one you posted that question the efficacy of masks and then there's a ton of articles from professional healthcare experts who say masks DO make a difference.

Now you and I are neither able to understand the technical details of the hard-core science so we can't really judge best which is correct. But here's what we DO know:

1. If masks are EFFECTIVE and we don't wear them we make MORE PEOPLE SICK AND HARM MORE PEOPLE extending the disease for months or years.

2. If masks are INEFFECTIVE and we DO wear them we are only out a mild inconvenience.

Hmmmmmm....which is the MOST RATIONAL approach to take?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1. If masks are EFFECTIVE and we don't wear them we make MORE PEOPLE SICK AND HARM MORE PEOPLE extending the disease for months or years.

2. If masks are INEFFECTIVE and we DO wear them we are only out a mild inconvenience.

If not drinking alcohol will effectively save 480,000 lives a year, every year, why not completely end the sales of alcohol? Banning alcohol would be 100% effective in saving lives, and we are out only a mild inconvenience.

Are you in favor of saving 480,000 lives a year?

Before you say it is not the same - Covid-19 is a virus - Alcoholism is established as a disease.

Oh, and where do you live that there is a full lockdown?

Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status