United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
so I understand that those who are actually evil servant's
1. act as if they are servant's of God
2. are deceived.

so is it that they are aware, or that they are deceived. the context of deceived servants adds a degree that they aren't really servant's so what's to be understood?

You are right that in some cases a good person turns bad (became deceived).. but in other cases it is a bad person that merely "got worse". Remember that even people that are not Christians will often think of themselves as good.

Upvote 0

TzephanYahu

Sep 9, 2018
Dorset
✟95,499.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
my Curiosity lately is , do any of the people satan deceives, have knowledge of what they are actually doing because it would seem that God's Statement on the cross reflect's human ignorance of spiritual matter's and spiritual influence's.

I also ask this question because i am considering whether or not something in my life is posing as what it is not because of my sin issue.

I think I understand what your concern is here.

It’s wise to consider your vulnerability to deception and even wiser to pray regularly for guidance in this matter. Our Father wouldn’t have His children be deceived, but it seems to be something He allows if the person’s heart is misplaced.

So how would you know if your heart is misplaced? I can only guess that it is whether you shape God according to your ideas or interpret/invalidate certain parts of the Word if it challenges you. In short, as long as we remain humble before God and before the Word, we should be safe from deception. And if we aren’t, deception may reach for us, so that God can test what’s truly in our hearts – if we are for Him or not.

Nevertheless, even if we remain humble, it’s wise to pray to be kept safe from deceptive schemes in these very dark days, as many come falsely in His name with these schemes – as He prophesied. Finally, staying familiar with the Word and having it as a regular part of your “diet” will help you spot deception.

In conclusion: humility, prayer and the Word.

In this I have become quite Concerned, yet, my issue's persist and my View's sometime's are anti-biblical or have been.

The Anti-Biblical views you may have had in the past are understandable, whilst you grow in your faith and wisdom. But yes, keep in mind that any Anti-Biblical theology you may have, with knowledge of the Word in your heart, will eventually lead to the door of the deceiver.

It bother's me how I know so much about satan, which I use to make sure people avoid it's pitfall's.

I know what you mean.

There was a time I knew more about satan and the occult than the Word of God. I believe God reproved me on this matter and now I spend no time studying such dark things.

Yes, it is informative to know what the “other side” is up to, especially when discussing government plans and end time events. Yes, it’s can seem to be a good thing to be aware of such things and alert others in warning. But ultimately it is a study and lifestyle which is bottomless and before you know you can be surrounded in much darkness yourself – having not focussed on the light for so long. So be careful my brother. I have seen people become consumed by these studies. Whilst they think they are being wise in learning about the enemy, they cannot see that they are actually living in fear of him.

Therefore, concerning all profitable study and to learn about the end times, the Bible is the safest and truest path to take. I also recommend the other books found with the Bible scrolls in the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, which also talk about the end times, such as 1 Enoch, 4 Ezra and the Testament of the 12 Patriarchs. However, first and foremost our focus should be the Bible, of course. But I know you know that :)

Love & Shalom

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
my question Evaluates that at certain time's in church people have believed that a Bible verse that they insinuate keep's on getting repeated in their life is a message from God when rather:

1.) All Scripture only Pertain's to the person Yahweh Addressed.

Therefore, it seem's oddly relatable to horoscope's and orarcle reading that certain people believe that a repetitive Bible Verse appearing in their lives is a message from God Especially where God talks to the prophet's audibly. The Bible Say'S a wicked generation seek's after a sign.

I have Considered what if one of the strategy's satan has employed would be as a spirit, posing as if God or Jesus Christ, while misleading people who do not read The Bible in which they interpret spiritual expierience's are the result of God but because they do not read Scripture, they do not know they are being mislead to do thing's that are not Scriptural by a spirit that has seduced them.

This seem's highly relatable to the spirits being reffered to as deceitfull spirit's and encompasses a curiosity I have had for some time now concerning the nature of spirit's and their interaction with people, and also why religion's seem to show no lack of spiritual expieriences that they attribute to their concept of their (f)god.

thought's?

My more pronounced curiosity is:

1. does satan speak in sign's and symbol's
2. Does God Speak Directly to a person and how would you know it's God just because it's a voice?is this Why Paul said to test the spirit's and how do you test spirits that don't speak?

Well, this ought to answer that...

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟149,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even if Satan impersonates Jesus on this earth, it's easy to tell whether it's Jesus or not.

Satan will be impersonating Christ before Christ actually returns. That happens at the 6th trump and Christ does not return until the 7th which is the last. And he will fool everyone because as Paul says, he will be disguised as an angel of light and he will also be performing miracles before the world as stated in Revelation. Daniel says he will come in peacefully as well and prosperly. That's the big deception. Because a lot of the Christian world are waiting on Christ right now. And that's why Christ says he comes at an hour most do not expect. That's because most of the world will think he's already here. Paul says people will be thinking "peace and safety" and them bam, the true Christ returns.

Both Christ and Paul give warnings on this subject and Paul states we are to have the full armour on to be able to stand in that "evil day". Christians have to be prepared for this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟378,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Satan will be impersonating Christ before Christ actually returns. That happens at the 6th trump and Christ does not return until the 7th which is the last. And he will fool everyone because as Paul says, he will be disguised as an angel of light and he will also be performing miracles before the world as stated in Revelation. Daniel says he will come in peacefully as well and prosperly. That's the big deception. Because a lot of the Christian world is waiting on Christ right now. And that's why Christ says he comes at an hour most do not expect. That's because most of the world will think he's already here. Paul says people will be thinking "peace and safety" and them bam, the true Christ returns.

Both Christ and Paul give warnings on this subject and Paul states we are to have the full armour on to be able to stand in that "evil day". Christians have to be prepared for this.

I agree. Satan will impersonate Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even if Satan impersonates Jesus on this earth, it's easy to tell whether it's Jesus or not. Jesus returns in the clouds in a big way. If a man walks the earth and claims to be Jesus, then it's most definitely not Jesus. Jesus doesn't touch the ground at all at the second coming and it will be a very visible and audible event.

Matthew 24:4-5, Matthew 24:23-27—And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many ... Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17—For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Interesting,

Acts 1:9-11 ESV /
And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”

1 Thessalonians 4:17

Then (epeita). The next step, not the identical time (tote), but immediately afterwards.

Together with them (ama sun autoiv). Note both ama (at the same time) and sun (together with) with the associative instrumental case autoiv (the risen saints).

Shall be caught up (arpaghsomeqa). Second future passive indicative of arpazw, old verb to seize, to carry off like Latin rapio.

To meet the Lord in the air (eiv apanthsin tou Kuriou eiv aera). This special Greek idiom is common in the LXX like the Hebrew, but Polybius has it also and it occurs in the papyri (Moulton, Proleg., p. 14, n. 3). This rapture of the saints (both risen and changed) is a glorious climax to Paul's argument of consolation.

And so (kai outwv). This is the outcome, to be forever with the Lord, whether with a return to earth or with an immediate departure for heaven Paul does not say. To be with Christ is the chief hope of Paul's life (I Thessalonians 5:10; Philippians 1:23; Colossians 3:4; II Corinthians 5:8).

Other Robertson's Word Pictures
1 Thessalonians 4:17 (KJV) - Robertson's Word Pictures (NT)

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟378,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Interesting,

And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”

Then (epeita). The next step, not the identical time (tote), but immediately afterwards.

Together with them (ama sun autoiv). Note both ama (at the same time) and sun (together with) with the associative instrumental case autoiv (the risen saints).

Shall be caught up (arpaghsomeqa). Second future passive indicative of arpazw, old verb to seize, to carry off like Latin rapio.

To meet the Lord in the air (eiv apanthsin tou Kuriou eiv aera). This special Greek idiom is common in the LXX like the Hebrew, but Polybius has it also and it occurs in the papyri (Moulton, Proleg., p. 14, n. 3). This rapture of the saints (both risen and changed) is a glorious climax to Paul's argument of consolation.

And so (kai outwv). This is the outcome, to be forever with the Lord, whether with a return to earth or with an immediate departure for heaven Paul does not say. To be with Christ is the chief hope of Paul's life (I Thessalonians 5:10; Philippians 1:23; Colossians 3:4; II Corinthians 5:8).

I agree. Jesus left in the clouds and will come in the clouds.

A couple of quotes from Jesus in Matthew 24.
  • Jesus specifically said He wouldn't be anywhere on earth before the Second Coming and to not believe anyone who claims to be Him (Matthew 24:24-26).
  • The Second Coming is a very visible and audible event with Jesus coming in the clouds. Satan can't counterfeit the second coming (Matthew 24:27).
Revelation 19 describes the second coming.
  • Revelation 19:11-13 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
  • Revelation 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
The kings of the earth and their armies have time to gather their forces, which could mean minutes or hours between the time there is a first hint of Jesus coming in the sky and when He gets here. He can arrive instantly if He wants, but the fact that the kings of the earth have time to get their armies mobilized points to a slow approach. I think the whole world is going to see His coming in the sky for some time before He arrives as they will have time to run to the mountains and hide (Revelation 6:14-17).

There will be no doubt that it's Jesus, given that every eye will see Him (Revelation 1:7). Contrast this with a Satan walking the earth, claiming to be Jesus without any of the events of the second coming, like the resurrection, massive upheaval that takes place surrounding it, etc.

Knowing these things, identifying a false Christ is easy. It's important that all Christians know these things, so they won't be deceived.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting,

It's easy enough to end that essay with the Zechariah 14 evidence that says Christ's feet WILL touch down upon the Mount of Olives, which is where Acts 1 declares He will return.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It shows one of the many ways Satan is taking action in these last days.

Yes, and something that bothers me is that Rodney Brown, with whom their so-called 'anointing' started, was called to the White House by Trump and he anointed Trump when he was President. That was late in Trump's presidency, so that may have contributed to his losing.

Upvote 0