Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I didn't go to a service this morning, but watched a selection of broadcasts on my social feed, to see what all the various local churches are doing. I will be watching more when I get home tonight.

Even though I don't have anyone to call "Mum", I wanted to use this morning as an opportunity to get in touch with people and wish them a Happy Mother's Day. This afternoon at work I'm going to be dressed up as Aladdin's wife and take part in the panto arranged by our wonderful Activities Coordinator, to celebrate Mothers Day.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟979,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
A limbo situation, called off for a season and strangely, no effort to podcast or stream to my knowledge. With that said, it was repeatedly stated the possibility of us having home Church independently without being specific if there was a point we came to to precaution ourselves.

Yet spirits are high and the wife and I will have communion between ourselves gathered in His name.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,621,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
A limbo situation, called off for a season and strangely, no effort to podcast or stream to my knowledge. With that said, it was repeatedly stated the possibility of us having home Church independently without being specific if there was a point we came to to precaution ourselves.

Yet spirits are high and the wife and I will have communion between ourselves gathered in His name.

Here is my favourite of the moment, a taste of heaven. Such an amazing voice with an amazing build up.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟979,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Here is my favourite of the moment, a taste of heaven. Such an amazing voice with an amazing build up.
Marvelous, yes. Let those times flow for your people Lord!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,621,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I have been invited to join a Church online group. They are organising 24 hours of prayer for Friday/Saturday. We all have one hour each.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I'm in touch with you all on Christian Forums - and very much see you as part of my church family!

My own church hasn't got much posted up on their pages, so currently I'm following our diocesan webpage (Lichfield Diocese) as well as their Facebook group with up to date news of what is happening at different churches across the district. Some of them have uploaded news stories, and even videos of prayers and services.

I am presently using www.cradleofprayer.org for my daily prayers and reflections. They have some excellent audio recordings and a singer!

Following the announcement by Boris yesterday that the country was in lockdown, I put a message on my facebook profile, telling people to contact me if they are feeling isolated or lonely. It's important that in times like this, people feel they are able to talk to someone. I'm not there to offer advice, but to be a bit of company and a listening ear.

Have also been looking at other churches around the area (Catholic, Evangelical, Pentecostal, Methodist, etc) to see what they are getting up to online! It is a good way to meet up with other Christians in your area - because many of them let you post messages and interact with people.

The paradox is that our isolation, in many ways, will bring us together. The worldwide church is not just made up of buildings and denominations. We are one big family - and it's good for us to fellowship with each other. I think current events will help us appreciate each other that little bit more. Even though we are socially isolated, we are united in fellowship. We are also reaching out to people where they are. Many people these days have smartphones and tablets - and being online is where they are a lot of the time. I believe that something good will come out of our circumstances. New seeds will be planted. And when we return to to our churches, things will not be the same as they were before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟979,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If "all power is given unto Me", rest assured, His interest extends throughout everything seen, unseen without lack of being able to address all. He is God over the Church!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Haven't been to church for the last 12 years, and don't miss it one bit.
Wife and I take communion daily, spend good part of the morning in intercession and communion with the Lord, and he directs our path and our thoughts.
We visit occasionally with similar non church brethren some distance away, and strangely, the Lord has been telling them the same stuff he tells us.

• Friendly
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟979,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Haven't been to church for the last 12 years, and don't miss it one bit.
Wife and I take communion daily, spend good part of the morning in intercession and communion with the Lord, and he directs our path and our thoughts.
We visit occasionally with similar non church brethren some distance away, and strangely, the Lord has been telling them the same stuff he tells us.
Would some of those you parted from be welcome into your home worship / communion?

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0