How In Good Conscience Can A Christian Vote Democrat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This and LGBT are the exact reasons why I have to vote for Trump even though I know he's divisive and often times a blow-hard. The reason why Christians are going to vote for Biden, however, is because they are selfish and refuse to seek the heart of God and his promptings on who and who not to vote for. And if they think God doesn't care, either way, they are ignorantly mistaken. The Bible says judgment will first start at the house of God. And if you don't think the Lord is going to punish this nation for its senseless and catastrophic killing of innocent life then you need to go read some more of the scripture. Sin has to be dealt with. There have been millions of babies murdered since Roe vs. Wade and it's only a matter of time until judgment falls more on this country. Then there's the issue of homosexuality. If God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes for their sin why would He not do the same with America? The answer is it's coming.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The ease with which some politicians on the left have come to think it natural to just blow off court rulings is scary, don't you think? Or to promise to gerrymander the Supreme Court if voters give their Party a majority in Congress this November?

This kind of unashamed declaration is echoed by some of his supporters, too, such as Michigan's Governor Whitmer who said, flat out, that she didn't think she has any need to obey the state Supreme Court when it ruled that she cannot just summarily imprison the state's population because she thinks it's a good idea. And that's just one example.

Upvote 0

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This and LGBT are the exact reasons why I have to vote for Trump even though I know he's divisive and often times a blow-hard. The reason why Christians are going to vote for Biden, however, is because they are selfish and refuse to seek the heart of God and his promptings on who and who not to vote for. And if they think God doesn't care, either way, they are ignorantly mistaken. The Bible says judgment will first start at the house of God. And if you don't think the Lord is going to punish this nation for its senseless and catastrophic killing of innocent life then you need to go read some more of the scripture. Sin has to be dealt with. There have been millions of babies murdered since Roe vs. Wade and it's only a matter of time until judgment falls more on this country. Then there's the issue of homosexuality. If God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes for their sin why would He not do the same with America? The answer is it's coming.
There is another pressing reason to support Trump, the economy. A husband needs a job so that his wife doesn't have to work, can stay home and raise the children.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There is another pressing reason to support Trump, the economy. A husband needs a job so that his wife doesn't have to work, can stay home and raise the children.

And the economy has done remarkably well in the past several months. But who has heard much of anything about that on the network's evening news shows? Naaaaa.

• Agree
Reactions: Nevada Smith
Upvote 0

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The ease with which some politicians on the left have come to think it natural to just blow off court rulings is scary, don't you think? Or to promise to gerrymander the Supreme Court if voters give their Party a majority in Congress this November?

This kind of unashamed declaration is echoed by some of his supporters, too, such as Michigan's Governor Whitmer who said, flat out, that she didn't think she has any need to obey the state Supreme Court when it ruled that she cannot just summarily imprison the state's population because she thinks it's a good idea. And that's just one example.
Allow me to make an addition to what you said "natural to just blow off court rulings (they don't agree with) is scary, don't you think?" Yes, I do agree with you on how little regard for the law the left often has.

We may not like Roe vs Wade, but it is the law of the land. We are a nation of laws and law should be obeyed. Instead of creating anarchy over thing we don't like, the way the left often does, we must work to change those laws.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It takes a level of spiritual maturity to say Lord, my opinions do not matter. I revere You and need to match you in every area. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." Pro 9:10

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We may not like Roe vs Wade, but it is the law of the land. We are a nation of laws and law should be obeyed. Instead of creating anarchy over thing we don't like, the way the left often does, we must work to change those laws.
Back at the time of the Civil Rights struggle, the Democrats often said of the disruptive rulings of the court that "it's the law, so whether or not we like it, we have to obey the law." How much has changed since then!
Today, not only are the Court's rulings nothing to respect, but the Court itself supposedly is to be rigged if it hands down an unpopular ruling or even looks as though it might!

And elected officials not only call for violence against supporters of the President but they know that when they do that, it's a dog whistle to their enforcers, Antifa, to swing into action.

• Agree
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The reason why Christians are going to vote for Biden, however, is because they are selfish and refuse to seek the heart of God and his promptings on who and who not to vote for.
Oh, great. Dismiss everyone who disagrees with you as bad people.

Many Christians think God wants us to accept gays, and that abortion is not a Biblical issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sure there are additional Scriptures but here's an outline:

Yahweh has a plan even the time and place of our births:
-“And he made from one man every race of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted epochs and the fixed boundaries of the places where they would live;” (Acts 17:26)

He formed us:
-“For You formed my innermost parts; You knit me [together] in my mother’s womb” Psa 139:13
-“Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?” Mal 2;10
"I will put ligaments on you, place muscles on you, and cover you with skin. I will put breath in you, and you will live. Then you will know that I am Yahweh." Eze 37:6

He gives us life each day:
-“This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psa 118:24)
-“The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.” Job 33:4

• Agree
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Many Christians think God wants us to accept gays, and that abortion is not a Biblical issue.
Well said. I agree. This Christian already cast his vote for Biden.

Upvote 0

Nevada Smith

Sep 20, 2020
Paxton
✟14,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We don't dismiss everyone that disagrees with us as bad people, just on the issues that are very important to us. For example I think that people who commit murder are bad people.

"Many Christians think God wants us to accept gays, and that abortion is not a Biblical issue" And there are "Christians" who don't believe in "Heaven, Miracles or Christ’s Resurrection" either. And yet they still call themselves Christians.
Seminary President Admits She Doesn’t Believe in Heaven, Miracles or Christ’s Resurrection

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
We don't dismiss everyone that disagrees with us as bad people, just on the issues that are very important to us. For example I think that people who commit murder are bad people.
Here's the quote: "The reason why Christians are going to vote for Biden, however, is because they are selfish and refuse to seek the heart of God and his promptings on who and who not to vote for." This is dismissing everyone who votes for Biden as a bad person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's the quote: "The reason why Christians are going to vote for Biden, however, is because they are selfish and refuse to seek the heart of God and his promptings on who and who not to vote for." This is dismissing everyone who votes for Biden as a bad person.

Not from my perspective. It seems to be dismissing everyone who votes for Biden as selfish. I cannot tell you what you or Nevada Smith think but perhaps you dismiss everyone who is selfish as a bad person and think that Nevada Smith shares the opinion that selfish people are bad people?
IMO, though we are all selfish people, there is no such thing as a bad person or a good person only bad or good actions.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Here's the quote: "The reason why Christians are going to vote for Biden, however, is because they are selfish and refuse to seek the heart of God and his promptings on who and who not to vote for.”

There is nothing “selfish” about voting for Biden, nor are those who do so refusing “to seek the heart of God.”

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If Republicans are for life, why does the government have a hoard of nuclear weapons? One bomb could take out a city and kill a hundred thousand. Why are there few gun control laws, while Japan has a 350 times lower murder rate with strict gun control laws? Why would a 65 year old vote for a Republican who wants to cut Medicare? Why did Republicans choose to elect someone who claimed to be earning millions a year on a campaign disclosure form, while he paid little or nothing in taxes? Why should one vote for a president who had more marriages than any other in history? Why would you vote a man who committed adultery with inappropriate content stars? Democrats did not ask for Russian hackers to release stolen emails.

A vast majority of Democrats would never do abortion. Some Republicans called them baby killers. Some wanted the morning after rape pill to be legal. Others are opposed. Why don’t Republicans spend as much time campaigning against rape and lewd behavior? Many Republicans do not want to raise taxes to make orphanages for deformed babies that people do not want to adopt.

• Winner
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If Republicans are for life, why does the government have a hoard of nuclear weapons? One bomb could take out a city and kill a hundred thousand. Why are there few gun control laws, while Japan has a 350 times lower murder rate with strict gun control laws? Why would a 65 year old vote for a Republican who wants to cut Medicare? Why did Republicans choose to elect someone who claimed to be earning millions a year on a campaign disclosure form, while he paid little or nothing in taxes? Why should one vote for a president who had more marriages than any other in history? Why would you vote a man who committed adultery with inappropriate content stars? Democrats did not ask for Russian hackers to release stolen emails.

A vast majority of Democrats would never do abortion. Some Republicans called them baby killers. Some wanted the morning after rape pill to be legal. Others are opposed. Why don’t Republicans spend as much time campaigning against rape and lewd behavior? Many Republicans do not want to raise taxes to make orphanages for deformed babies that people do not want to adopt.

Very well said. So much comes back to some Christians being a one or two issue voter--for example abortion and LGBTQ rights. They ignore things like health care, environmental issues such as global warming, gun violence, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus didn’t even mention abortion, and it was not uncommon in his time. It’s only in very recent modern times that abortion has been seen as wrong.

But what did Jesus talk of the most? How we treat the least among us. For many of us, that is at the center of our faith and practice.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.