• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How important is it to share with your family about your struggles with sexuality?

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
more specifically those that are dealing with attractions towards the same sex, but open to anything else in general.

In my journey now to holiness, I’ve realizing how important it is to share your struggles with others, and that bearing it alone can be crippling if I need to grow. I’m learning how to be vulnerable with my thoughts as a woman (which have been so hard for me), and I know one of those steps is to be able to bond and share things on my heart with others.

So I’m wondering if it’s actually a needed step to tell my family that this is where I am at. It just feels like I’m kinda dodging things whenever they bring up marriage and husband. I’m not sure if that is necessarily in the cards for me.

Cm1989

Sep 5, 2018
Southern California
✟15,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have had the same struggles. For me I have only found one friend that I can trust to share these struggles with and not feel judged. I trust this person to pray for me and share with me biblical truths to help realign my thinking with God's word.

I personally just don't feel it necessary to share anything with others including my family. I just don't think they would understand and all it would do would bring false judgment and it would always be on there mind.

I do believe God can bring me the right person to marry if it is his will. And I do have a desire to be married and start my own family. So I just tell them when they ask if I am ever going to get married that I have given that request to the Lord and he will bring me the right person, and if that never happens I am ok with that.

• Useful
Reactions: salt-n-light
Upvote 0