How important is it that the March For Life be held on the anniversary of Roe?

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟422,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I’m curious because the weather is almost always unbearable. Cold, sometimes snowy, and kind of an easy excuse to get shutdown. Since it’s not just Catholics marching not everyone would see it as penance and mortification like we do.

Wouldn't it make nearly as much sense to have it in May when the weather is nicer? More people would show up which might send a louder message. Not to mention Mother’s Day is in May, not to mention the Marian feast days in May (Visitation seems so appropriate).

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,219,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I’m curious because the weather is almost always unbearable. Cold, sometimes snowy, and kind of an easy excuse to get shutdown. Since it’s not just Catholics marching not everyone would see it as penance and mortification like we do.

Wouldn't it make nearly as much sense to have it in May when the weather is nicer? More people would show up which might send a louder message. Not to mention Mother’s Day is in May, not to mention the Marian feast days in May (Visitation seems so appropriate).
I've never gone to the one in Washington but have been to plenty at the state capitol of Minnesota in St. Paul. Done it when it's been so cold that the counter-protesters were frozen out at -25F. Done it when the holy water fonts at the cathedral were frozen solid. Done it with thousands of other strong people (Catholics and Protestants) who put the message over the discomfort and just bundled up with insulated boots and long johns and the whole eskimo look.

We have owned that day for nearly half a century. If you want another day in addition to that day you are welcome to it. But we have owned it. It's our day. I'll be out this year even if I'm a bit farther south now, dressed for the weather, not gonna let whatever weather scare me away. And I'll be in Lincoln with a few thousand of my new friends here. I hope it's a cold day.

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,219,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Hey, if Roe v Wade ends up totally undone then the day that happens can become your second day. Probably some unbearably hot day. But a good day to celebrate.

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0