Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Genesis 5:21 When Enoch had lived 65 years, he became the father of Methuselah. 22 After he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked faithfully with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters.23 Altogether, Enoch lived a total of 365 years.24 Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

It is so awesome to hear that someone in the bible was so close to God that He just took him to be with Him in Heaven. I always have aspired to just be close to God like Enoch was. Sometimes when I wonder what I should do as a hobby or some new thing to do, I walk and talk to God. Then I realize maybe just talking to God is my hobby, it is rather who I am. The relationship with Him is what makes me who I am and I shall be thankful for the simple lifestyle I have. I may not play video games or watch much tv, but who cares right? Isn't it rather more of a beautiful thing to be close to God anyways :) Hope you're all having a great new year, I know I am and I like the number 7 from the bible, and 2023 adds up to 7 2+0+2+3=7 :)

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 5:21 When Enoch had lived 65 years, he became the father of Methuselah. 22 After he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked faithfully with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters.23 Altogether, Enoch lived a total of 365 years.24 Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

It is so awesome to hear that someone in the bible was so close to God that He just took him to be with Him in Heaven. I always have aspired to just be close to God like Enoch was. Sometimes when I wonder what I should do as a hobby or some new thing to do, I walk and talk to God. Then I realize maybe just talking to God is my hobby, it is rather who I am. The relationship with Him is what makes me who I am and I shall be thankful for the simple lifestyle I have. I may not play video games or watch much tv, but who cares right? Isn't it rather more of a beautiful thing to be close to God anyways :) Hope you're all having a great new year, I know I am and I like the number 7 from the bible, and 2023 adds up to 7 2+0+2+3=7 :)
Do you believe that the OT teaches us how to walk in God's ways as Enoch did, or does it leave us in the dark about how to walk with God?

Upvote 0

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In reading about the transforming work Christ is doing in your life and your thoughts about Enoch, the thought occurred to me to be taken up by God we have to be taken up with God. If not now, It will be true in the end.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution

Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Enoch had a great relationship with God …. And certainly, that type of relationship would be something, not only strive for, but to surpass, which could be done. Our relationship can be even closer. I know that may seem unattainable…. but we are only limited by our believing. Enoch at best…. could have the spirit of God upon him. We have the spirit of God within …we are where God dwells …the holy naos. If we could get our minds wrapped around that and recon that as a reality …we could kick some serious devil butt.

I know we have to deal with endless distractions ….the adversary makes sure of that …but it could be done …it’s not unattainable to walk in resurrection perfection.....

Just for clarification↓ although I know it’s a common belief regarding Enoch

The word translated from Heb 11:5 is better rendered as transferred or transported.

The word see (in the aorist form) is eidon which is to actually look with “ones eyes”

The Old Testament record (short as it is) shows Enoch had never seen anyone pass away…. God translated him so Enoch would not see his loved ones when they passed.

Enoch was not taken to heaven….that would contradict Jhn 3:13

If we read further in Heb 11:13 it declares…..These all died in faith, (including Enoch) not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth

Upvote 0