• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

How I think reproducing really works

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by Pulchra, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Pulchra

Pulchra Well-Known Member

+117
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    The normal theory is that you take genes from both your parents and become a real person, but I have to try to challenge it a little because some animals just sort of changes gender and become a girl to foster the children, so with that in mind, do we humans really need to have both parents to make one? I believe no, because I think a spermie is actually fully developed in the male body, the life or children just get`s transfered to the girl for her to foster it because they`re naturally very caring, giving it air and food and somewhere safe to be, the reason I think we look like both our parents are because of love, you like and adore your parnents sort of so you try to look like them, which brings me next to what dna really is for, I think the soul just makes the dna-strings so the cells knows how to make themselves over and over again without the being actually doing it everday, that`s why sometimes there`s a mistake in the strings or kinda quite often actually, so we have the actualy ability to create the strings ourself and it`s just an representation of what we are sort of bodily, the soul is not dna I think, but the body, that`s why if you for example clone an animal, it still has a unike soul that didn`t come from it

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,104
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    There have been no documented cases of Human asexual reproduction.

3. Pulchra

+117
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    You mean the boy don`t have the ability to give birth to the children himself, well, that`s true I guess :p

4. Pulchra

+117
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    I drew a simple picture to show my theory a little better

Attached Files:

5. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,104
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    That would be a good cover for a book you could write and go into more details.

6. Pulchra

+117
    Norway
    Agnostic
    Single
    Oh, thanks alot

7. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+3,319
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    Err, no. That is not how it works.

8. Tinker Grey

Tinker Grey Wanderer Supporter

+3,326
    Atheist
    It's like Gottservant had a sex change.

9. Estrid

Estrid Well-Known Member

+492
    Hong Kong
    Skeptic
    In Relationship
    Look up "homunculus" on wiki. You are about 600 years out of
    date.

10. Yttrium

Yttrium Independent Centrist

+1,671
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    Fascinating.

But... then why do women make egg cells?

11. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+6,093
    Atheist
    You don't have to make ill-informed guesses about human reproduction, there is plenty of information available.

12. Whyayeman

Whyayeman Well-Known Member

+432
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Married
    Sorry, I thought this was a science forum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Nithavela

Nithavela Touch Fluffy Tail

+14,211
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    What gave you that idea?

14. Whyayeman

Whyayeman Well-Known Member

+432
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Married
    Well, I'll sit and watch...

15. Kylie

Kylie Defeater of Illogic

+4,086
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Uh, no. There are clear genetic connections from the child to both the mother and father. For example, mitochondrial DNA can only come from the mother. The idea that you are proposing, that a sperm is a full formed human and just needs the mother to serve as an incubator, has been thoroughly disproved several centuries ago.

16. Kylie

Kylie Defeater of Illogic

+4,086
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    So we can have periods and be unclean for several days. Because girls have cooties. :p

17. Shemjaza

Shemjaza Regular Member Supporter

+2,685
    Australia
    Atheist
    Single
    AU-Greens
    We have objective methods of measuring the genetics of people to see how similar they are to others.

People end up with half their genetics from each parent... that's just how the genes combine.

Everyday this happens in a lab when people are preparing for IVF.

18. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+4,334
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced

Almost - but not quite. Paracelsus had this all figured out 500 years ago with his 'homunculus';

"That the sperm of a man be putrefied by itself in a sealed cucurbit* for forty days with the highest degree of putrefaction in a horse's womb, or at least so long that it comes to life and moves itself, and stirs, which is easily observed. After this time, it will look somewhat like a man, but transparent, without a body. If, after this, it be fed wisely with the Arcanum of human blood, and be nourished for up to forty weeks, and be kept in the even heat of the horse's womb, a living human child grows therefrom, with all its members like another child, which is born of a woman, but much smaller"
    Paracelsus, De natura rerum (1537)

* Cucurbit - plant of the gourd family (cucumber, squash, pumpkin etc.)

OB :)