• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

How high can blood pressure get in a person?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Johnboy60, Jan 14, 2022 at 9:36 AM.

1. Johnboy60

Johnboy60 Looking For Interesting News.

+2,812
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I have friend that told me when he went to hospital they found he had a pressure of 600 which is real high and didn't know what kept him from going into coma. I thought my blood pressure was high at 205/114 which is nothing.

Thanks.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+6,755
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Good topic - I am 150/90 at 75 and am unsure if it is an issue or not...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+9,993
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    I go to a tyre company to my pressure tested..o_O

4. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+5,448
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Is that psi or bar?

5. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,440
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    That is too high. People with blood pressure under 130 are less likely to have memory loss, strokes, etc. Mine was 139 at an annual check-up this month. I am 62. Supposed to go back next week to hear the results of blood tests and any recommendations.

What you eat and drink may affect your blood pressure. Changes in diet, losing weight and exercising may lower blood pressure. Eating garlic lowers blood pressure. Eating lentils or beans may lower your heart rate. Too much or too little salt is bad.

6. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+3,220
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    As high as the weakest blood vessel in their brain.

7. Torah Keeper

Torah Keeper Well-Known Member

+355
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    600? That is hard to believe. Is that metric? I think you would burst a blood vessel or have a heart attack long before that point.

205 is still really high. You should try to lower it.

Diet has almost everything to do with blood pressure. Eat healthy, and don't be a glutton.

Something like stress, fear, anger, or lifting a really heavy weight can temporarily raise your blood pressure.

I think smoking raises blood pressure too.

8. Albion

Albion Factchecker

+31,869
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    205/114 is not 'nothing.' It's danger time.

For that matter, 150/90 is also considered high.

9. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,330
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    He may have misunderstood what the doctors were saying...

When my blood pressure was 207/143 my doctor was scared I was going to have a stroke right there in his office... He gave me something then and there to bring my pressure down, and wouldn't allow me to leave his office until I was out of a danger zone. If my pressure had not gone down he would have rushed me over to the ER ..

600 is not possible to live through, nor does it sound like a real blood pressure.

10. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,330
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Pain raises blood pressure too... Because of chronic severe pain I have to watch my BP. Usually when my pain levels are high,so is my BP.