Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i want to leave this thread now to those who are willing to share what God is doing in their lives now a days!

Lately I have been reading Hebrews and the Lord has been showing me about faith and what it means to us in this world. In Hebrews chapter 11 and 12 the author speaks of the Old Testament saints and how they trusted God even in the midst of suffering, trials and doubt.

The author likens it to a race that we must run with endurance and as we are running this race we must look to the One at the finish line: Jesus Christ. If we take our eyes off of Him and look around us (at our sin, circumstances, trials) we will loose sight of the goal (the finish line) which is the grace of Jesus Christ. I have heard these teachings before in the past but the Lord really revealed these things to my heart last night to where I could truly understand them.

The runner in this life of faith is to keep running the race of faith no matter what he is faced with and that includes stormy weather and weakness in his body. We must keep going not in our own strength but in the God who renews us in His strength.

let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1,2)

We are to remove the weights that weigh us down in this race, the weight of sin and bondage that keep us from progressing. It is hard to endure a race when if you have two hundred pounds on your back and in the life of faith sin and doubt (which is sin) can weigh more than this in a spiritual sense. But we are to rid ourselves of this bondage and we are called to run our race that is set before us (everyones race is diffeerent but all have the same goal) looking unto Jesus.

This passage also shows how Jesus had to endure in His life also, He had to endure the cross for the sin of humanity and to do this He had to die a shameful death pinned to a cross. He endured unto the end for our salvation and He expects the same from all of us who are called by His name. We are called to live by faith and to imitate the life of Christ enduring to the end.

Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees,
and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed. (Hebrews 12:12,13)

In this passage we are told even if we start to get tired in the race of faith we must strengthen the weakness in our faith, all doubts must be dealt with by looking to Christ.

Well, anyways this is what the Lord has been showing me in my walk with Him, God bless!

:pray:

Upvote 0