• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

How hard is it to find other christian willing to play something like Cards Against Humanity?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by zxcv, Sep 21, 2019.

1. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+187
    Christian
    Single
    I was playing in a church game night a game called Munchkins I think it was super hero version. There was this one card in it where it had a girl with breasts. Obviously everyone that was playing the game got offended. They were saying that probably should have removed the card. I'm really getting tried of people offended over everything. Really the left is a lot worse when it comes to this type of thing, but I hear so much about from the other side that I can't even stand it from my own side. Anyway, how hard is it find another Christian that's willing will play Cards Against Humanity. I'm starting thinking that's good base line for being thick skinned.

Yeah, I'm starting to get point where I need to find a girlfriend that's like's or atleast doesn't get offended by cards against humanity to handle my humor. While still having a relationship with God. Someone not ruled by religion but has relationship with God.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. MehGuy

MehGuy Free speech warrior degenerate Supporter

+6,566
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Very hard.. like level 10 hard.

3. THE W

THE W AFRIKANB0T

+2,457
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    so you want people who love Jesus to be okay with games with lewd images?

4. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+187
    Christian
    Single
    The image doesn't even qualify as ecchi.

5. THE W

THE W AFRIKANB0T

+2,457
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    depends on who you ask I suppose. people tend to have a wide range of standards ranging from one extreme end to the other.

were the endowments of this girl on the card of a substantial size?

6. Silmarien

Silmarien Existentialist

+3,502
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Hey, we absolutely play Cards Against Humanity on the left. It's only everything else that offends us. ^_^

7. THE W

THE W AFRIKANB0T

+2,457
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    romans 14 also comes to mind.

we are not to do anything to damage the conscience of our brothers, even if there may be liberty in a certain thing for us personally.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+187
    Christian
    Single
    You still have a sense of humor though. :) It can't be that easy in that case.

9. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+187
    Christian
    Single
    I know, but it's hard for me find people with similar mind set's as I do.

10. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+4,824
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    They’re twisted. I’d probably be good. But I’d need to repent a lot.

11. Citanul

Citanul Well, when exactly do you mean?

+2,202
    South Africa
    Methodist
    Single
    From what I know of Munchkin's art, I wouldn't have thought that card would have been particularly problematic (i.e. no nudity and no more revealing than any other super-hero costume). So that sounds like a bit of an overreaction.

But as for Cards Against Humanity, it's designed to be offensive, so it's hardly surprising that people find it distasteful. It's not about being thin-skinned, prudish, uptight, or however else you might choose to label someone who doesn't share your tastes. It's a game that is simply not going to appeal to everyone, and not liking it is not a case of being "ruled by religion".

It's one game I will refuse to play, which is partly because I don't like the mechanics, but the main reason is the subject matter. I'm fairly easy-going, but that game is just a step too far for me and will be for a lot of people. So if liking Cards Against Humanity is going to be an important criterion for you in a girlfriend then you could very well end up struggling to find one.

12. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+4,824
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I think people say a lot of things in groups that don’t hold true behind closed doors. Meaning, they’re doing a whole lot they can’t admit openly without shame. I don’t believe most are nearly as offended as they suggest. I think they’re afraid of rejection and stay on script instead.

It is very hard to find someone whose willing to bare themselves in religious circles until you’ve gained their trust. Many hold back the bad stuff until they’re certain you won’t judge them or walk away.

Your best bet is forging a connection with a woman whose self-esteem isn’t based on outside opinion. Avoid those who wear a Sunday face. Keeping up appearances grows tiresome over time and she’ll expect you to do the same.

13. ThisIsMe123

ThisIsMe123 Not sure

+347
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Wait a minute, women have breasts? What rock have I been living under? LOL

I've stopped playing Munchkin for quite a good while. I remember seeing "You've come across a Bipolar Bear". I about split a gut laughing. LOL

14. ThisIsMe123

ThisIsMe123 Not sure

+347
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    It's a Marvel character, there aren't really lewd images. It's only lewd if you make it that way.

15. ThisIsMe123

ThisIsMe123 Not sure

+347
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I recall a woman I met at a Meetup. A non-religious focused Meetup....a hiking group...that said she was a member of a Christian singles group that went out to eat. Apparently, everyone didn't order booze, but she wanted a Margarita...but couldn't order it for fear of being judged.

It's interesting how her, myself, and many others kind of overlap between the two.

1. The ones who make a stink out of such things
    2. The ones are who are NOT on their high horse about such things.

16. ThisIsMe123

ThisIsMe123 Not sure

+347
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Yeah, I would say I sat in on that game...but...I think it's designed to reveal the nature of yourself. Like a more modern "Truth or Dare" take on it.

17. Citanul

Citanul Well, when exactly do you mean?

+2,202
    South Africa
    Methodist
    Single
    If it was Super Munchkin rather than Marvel Munchkin then it would have been something along the lines of the following:

BoardGameGeek

BoardGameGeek

I definitely wouldn't describe them as lewd and wouldn't have thought that too many people would have had a problem with the images, but according to the OP they did (so I've posted links rather than the images themselves just to be on the safe side).

18. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+4,443
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    If games shape your choices and decisions in a big way....

...Are you sure they're not your idols yet?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  19. THE W

THE W AFRIKANB0T

+2,457
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    again, depends on who you ask.

the OP just needs to find new 'cards-mates'.

20. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+4,443
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Lol, he meant little girls!

In some parts of the world like Asia, there's women in their twenties / thirties who looks like little girls but with fully developed anatomy.

Not exactly unnatural, uncommon maybe, but not totally alien.

It's the problem of American culture who over-sexualize / objectify female sexuality/anatomy.

This is directly the result of placing a rather absurdly high standards that defines "beauty". In Western culture, it's typically a person with lots of money, fair skinned, tall, good social skills, etc, etc. This results to harsh competition for a small number of people society defines as "beautiful".

In societies were women don't care exposing their breasts, have very little competition in terms of finding partners and see everyone as beautiful.