How Hard Is It For The Rich To Enter The Kingdom of Heaven?

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Matthew 19:
Then Jesus said to His disciples, Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man
to enter the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than
for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

25 When His disciples heard it, they were greatly astonished, saying,
Who then can be saved?
26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, With men this is impossible,
but with God all things are possible.

27 Then Peter answered and said to Him, See, we have left all and followed You.
Therefore what shall we have?
28 So Jesus said to them, Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when
the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also
sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother
or wife or children or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold,
and inherit eternal life.

30 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.

Reactions: Torah Keeper

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 19:
Then Jesus said to His disciples, Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for a rich man

24 And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than

Who then can be saved?

28 So Jesus said to them, Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when
the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also

Clearly much more difficult but many Christians will find excuses and quotes to try and back up their greedy, selfish lifestyles, how they work hard, how they have earned it and how some in scripture had wealth.

Peace be to all those in the Body of Christ.

Upvote 0

keiw

Jan 8, 2022
upstate, ny
✟2,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Not to tough ....
Although there is a substantial cover charge to get in....but not $$$$$
It's a charge that was covered by our Lord Jesus Christ. Admission is free, the price has been paid!

Not for any who practice a sin-Hebrews 10:26--Jesus will tell them the same at Judgement-Matthew 7:22-23-- one who works iniquity= one who practices a sin.
Jesus said FEW will find the road. Probably because they found the wrong teachers who teach things like you believe. There is a whole bible.

Upvote 0

keiw

Jan 8, 2022
upstate, ny
✟2,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Matthew 19:

Who then can be saved?

A rich man went to speak to Jesus and said-- How can i enter the kingdom, I keep all the commandments, Jesus told him, Sell all you have and give it to your poor brothers---He couldnt. That is their way in.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it depends on what the rich person does with their wealth. Jesus provided examples of how that would work for his disciples. I am not, overall, a big fan of Andrew Carnegie, but he did say that he couldn't understand how rich people could hold on to their wealth until they died, and then, maybe, give some of it away. Carnegie donated much of his fortune to build libraries, fund schools and for other things that benefitted everyone in a community, and he did it while he was alive. And he urged others to do the same.

From what I see from today's billionaires, who seem to be vying to see which one can accumulate the most and then spend it frivolously, I have little hope for most of them. They worship manna, not God (see signature line below).

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Not for any who practice a sin-Hebrews 10:26--Jesus will tell them the same at Judgement-Matthew 7:22-23-- one who works iniquity= one who practices a sin.
Jesus said FEW will find the road. Probably because they found the wrong teachers who teach things like you believe. There is a whole bible.

Yes there is a whole Bible ...but the whole Bible doesn't apply to us. The 7 church epistles are written directly to us in this grace administration ......all other is for our learning....It's really that simple.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We never heard about the rich ruler again and its possible had He obeyed Jesus when Jesus said follow Me, he could have been another disciple. It appears he broke commandment #1 Exodus 20:3 by placing his “great riches” his god above Jesus. Unless he repented, I don’t see him in a saved state at the time of this story.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Irkle Berserkle

Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2021
Arizona
✟16,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Achieving and keeping wealth inevitably requires conformity to the world. Wealth brings with it all the temptations to which the flesh is prone.

Those who seek and achieve worldly success, including Christian leaders, can make all the excuses we've heard a hundred times before, but it all rings hollow. Human nature is defined by the lust for wealth, fame, power and sex. The four go together.

Ravi Zacharias wasn't some strange exception. He was the just the walking definition of where the lust for wealth, fame, power and sex leads.

Wealthy individuals who aren't thoroughly conformed to the world have to be rarer than hens' teeth.

Upvote 0

keiw

Jan 8, 2022
upstate, ny
✟2,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes there is a whole Bible ...but the whole Bible doesn't apply to us. The 7 church epistles are written directly to us in this grace administration ......all other is for our learning....It's really that simple.

Who ever told you that does not know Jesus. He teaches-- Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God.) OT-NT, studying them. It never ends there is so much. Ears ticklers--run from them. The bible is a two edged sword.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I say to you that it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.
Not to tough ....
I think it depends on what the rich person does with their wealth.
Yes there is a whole Bible ...but the whole Bible doesn't apply to us.
We never heard about the rich ruler again and its possible had He obeyed Jesus when Jesus said follow Me, he could have been another disciple.
Achieving and keeping wealth inevitably requires conformity to the world. Wealth brings with it all the temptations to which the flesh is prone.
Wow! Thank you all for your contributions to the discussion. Please let me interject another POV.
Let's say a wealthy Gentile accepts that Jesus is his Savior. Whether he feels led to fellowship
in a Messianic Congregation on the 7th day, or with a Christian church that worships on the 1st
day of the week.
Has he entered the kingdom of heaven by believing, or has he entered
"the court of the Gentiles", so to speak? Taking this into consideration.

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God
is preached, and every man presses into it.

In Matthew 11:12 "they enter forcefully".

Upvote 0

keiw

Jan 8, 2022
upstate, ny
✟2,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Wow! Thank you all for your contributions to the discussion. Please let me interject another POV.
Let's say a wealthy Gentile accepts that Jesus is his Savior. Whether he feels led to fellowship
in a Messianic Congregation on the 7th day, or with a Christian church that worships on the 1st
day of the week.
Has he entered the kingdom of heaven by believing, or has he entered
"the court of the Gentiles", so to speak? Taking this into consideration.

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God
is preached, and every man presses into it.

In Matthew 11:12 "they enter forcefully".

It takes more than believing as Jesus shows at Matthew 7:22-23--this is judgement scenario--and many Jaws will be dropped. Verse 21--Those living now to do Jesus Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom--That is EVERY utterance Jesus taught man MUST live by them.

Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Who ever told you that does not know Jesus. He teaches-- Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God.) OT-NT, studying them. It never ends there is so much. Ears ticklers--run from them. The bible is a two edged sword.

The person who told me that…. was Jesus….. and He knows Himself pretty well.

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Clearly much more difficult but many Christians will find excuses and quotes to try and back up their greedy, selfish lifestyles, how they work hard, how they have earned it and how some in scripture had wealth.

People who solve the biggest problems sometimes get paid big money for their efforts.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Then again ….It was two wealthy individuals who took care of Jesus at His burial.

Joseph of Arimathea…Who appears to be the only one who believed really Jesus would be raised after 3 days ....since he only wrapped Jesus in a clean linen cloth (sindōn)

And Nicodemus who came after Joseph and provided the proper spices and grave cloths (othonion)

• Agree
Upvote 0

keiw

Jan 8, 2022
upstate, ny
✟2,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
The person who told me that…. was Jesus….. and He knows Himself pretty well.

Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Every teaching Jesus gave counts, that is fact. He said--Man does not live by bread alone but by every utterance from God--That is his Fathers will, and he assures all At Matthew 7:21--Those living now to do his Fathers will get to enter his kingdom.( be saved) Best to believe everything he taught. Those practicing sin dont want to believe him. One who works iniquity = one practices a sin-And he goes on At Matt 7:22-23-- this is judgement, you dont want to hear those words from Jesus. Those who believe and did powerful works in his name etc, he says-- Get away from me you who work iniquity, i must confess i never even knew you.

• Useful
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
People who solve the biggest problems sometimes get paid big money for their efforts.

Sometimes I wonder if people quote this verse as a form of punishment. I know a lot of well to do believers. They’re all millionaires. But I never hear this from them. They’re busy making working and making a difference.

I’ve seen numerous threads on the subject but can’t recall the same for weight. Does God ignore gluttony or neglecting your temple? I find it odd certain topics are never raised and others are plentiful. But that’s Christians for you.

~bella

Upvote 0