• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured How Hard Determinism turns God into the devil and Grace into a myth.

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Grip Docility, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Apprentice Supporter

+3,566
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    You know, I used to be a JW, a long, long time ago... I would not be welcomed there anymore... Not that I would want to go back anyway, but just saying...

Tell me I don't know Him...

They do not... They do not even know the God they worship, but I do... And He knows me, and we know each other... Just tell me that I don't...

Tell me that I don't know "Them", for that is also where JW's fail and fall short also...

God Bless!

2. Grip Docility

Grip Docility Well-Known Member

+1,665
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    As you well know, I have engaged in writing speculative theology that identifies How God endowed Free Will and fostered it, while simultaneously being Infinitely Omniscient.

However, I have begun to find peace in simply saying that it is precisely because of God’s Infinite Omniscience that we can be assured our human experience is Autonomously genuine and rationally relational with God.

All Love in Jesus Christ to you.

3. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+551
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    That all assumes the one "will" you are referencing is his eternal plan, as opposed to his given command. There's a huge difference.

4. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Apprentice Supporter

+3,566
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    What "command"...? To Love...? I don't see what that has to do with it or what I was saying or talking about...?

God Bless!

5. Mark Quayle

Mark Quayle Well-Known Member Supporter

+551
    United States
    Reformed
    Widowed
    I'm sorry. I thought it was rather obvious.

You said it is impossible to go against God's will. I agree, if by that you are referring to his eternal plan. But it is obvious we go against his will (his command) every day.

To conflate the two causes quite a bit of confusion and consternation and even provides some unbelievers with reason to mock believers. In fact, one of the side issues is related to this confusion, wherein a person wonders how it can be possible for God to be Love, and yet the most horrible things imaginable happens to people "who never deserved it." including God wiping out whole nations.

I have even heard from mockers and believers alike that "if this is God's will" then "I am being obedient by disobeying."