How Free will establishes FAITH... but what would I know.....

Does free will establish your FAITH as you define Faith?

• yes

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • no

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • what????????????????????????? Maybe??????

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am just a janitor at a school who reads a lot but I am no expert on such questions from any recognized angle?????

How Free Will Destroys Faith in Christ (Continued)

This is very informative because I personally did not even remember one of those names, (although I do suspect that I may have read or heard of Pelagius perhaps thirty or forty years ago), anyway....... I am on a very different page...........

I believe that free will is an astonishingly powerful force that can alter the space time continuum and usher in a different time line but it is kind of complicated and it will help if we will read some String Theory which is background information for understanding the relatively new Multuverse Theory that can be tweaked to fit nicely with Ezekiel 37
X Revelation 20
X Romans 11
X Matthew 4
X Matthew 5
X Matthew 6
X Matthew 7
and of course the entire Jewish and Christian Bible really.

This blog of mine could be helpful because there are quotations there on String Theory that are in high school English:
www.CarbonBias.blogspot.ca/

and this discussion may be the clearest discussion that I ever wrote on this topic:

Could the prophet Elijah have altered history if he had NOT........

... RAN AWAY from Queen Jezebel and her armies?

You will certainly want to see the opening post in that discussion which can be viewed here:

How Free Will Destroys Faith in Christ (Continued)

Personally .... I rather like a historical Elijah who was capable of giving in to fear and running away to Mt. Horeb even though that sure seemed to NOT be where G-d wanted Elijah to be at the time that G-d asked him two times.....
"What doest thou here Elijah?"

Could the prophet Elijah have altered history if he had NOT........

... RAN AWAY from Queen Jezebel and her armies?

Last edited:
Reactions: rockytopva

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It is free will that allows us to respond to Faith by either rejecting or embracing Faith.

Exactly!!!!!

I am not sure that "a christianity" without free will would actually be "a Christianity".

Truly well said!

I love this answer.

If you are attempting to reach out to Atheists and Agnostics I am sure that at least some of them would find this webpage rather encouraging or inspiring or at least somewhat logical?

The Future and the Near-Death Experience

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Our "free will" is limited by our Sovereign God... Can anything act contrary to its nature ?

OK.... this is an interesting answer.......
and my off the cuff response is kind of complicated........

G-d has a plan to bring all eight billion people on this third rock to repentance but........
many, many, many of these people depend on the response to the calling of G-d on the lives of others who have the advantage of getting their calling first....... due to their being in a place where they can hear or read the works of a genuinely led and inspired preacher who isn't so far off in terms of truth that they do not actually do more harm than good to their readers or listeners??????

FREE WILL carries with it both POWER as well as RESPONSIBILITY!

Romans 10

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is free will that allows us to respond to Faith by either rejecting or embracing Faith.

Good day,

You suppose that faith has been granted... Those that love darkness will always choose darkness because they love it and freely choose it.

In Him,

Bill

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK.... this is an interesting answer.......
and my off the cuff response is kind of complicated........

G-d has a plan to bring all eight billion people on this third rock to repentance but........
many, many, many of these people depend on the response to the calling of G-d on the lives of others who have the advantage of getting their calling first....... due to their being in a place where they can hear or read the works of a genuinely led and inspired preacher who isn't so far off in terms of truth that they do not actually do more harm than good to their readers or listeners??????

FREE WILL carries with it both POWER as well as RESPONSIBILITY!

Romans 10

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"

Good Day,

Then preach the Gospel and Pray that God would grant them repentance for the direct purpose of leading them to the truth... If he so grants (may) then they will repent.

2 Ti 2:23 Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

In Him,

Bill

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Good day,

You suppose that faith has been granted... Those that love darkness will always choose darkness because they love it and freely choose it.

In Him,

Bill

Thank you for expressing your opinion on this topic.

But what about the situation in a person's life being altered so that what they might have done a year or two previously is no longer what they want to do.

For example... former drug addict Todd White felt responsibility to at least try to improve his life due to the fact that Messiah Yeshua - Jesus gave him a wife and a daughter.

If it were not for his wife and daughter he might never have gone to Teen Challenge for several weeks? Although he did not complete Teen Challenge it is obvious that he began to encounter Messiah Yeshua - Jesus and the Holy Spirit and the Father there.

So God changes the circumstances in which people live in order to lead them in the general direction of repentance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Exactly!!!!!

Truly well said!

I love this answer.

If you are attempting to reach out to Atheists and Agnostics I am sure that at least some of them would find this webpage rather encouraging or inspiring or at least somewhat logical?

The Future and the Near-Death Experience

Thank you. I am not sure what option to pick in your poll, what would do think?

Upvote 0

charsan

Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those that love darkness will always choose darkness because they love it and freely choose it.

I believe so, yes. Though on edit even people lost to darkness can choose the light

• Winner
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Good Day,

Then preach the Gospel and Pray that God would grant them repentance for the direct purpose of leading them to the truth... If he so grants (may) then they will repent.

2 Ti 2:23 Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

In Him,

Bill

I admit that I am a very strange and unusual Christian but I have felt called to work with Atheists and Agnostics and I am aware that many people who claim to be Atheists are actually full fledged Satanists who may even be able to astral project as Evangelist John Ramirez claims that he could do before he repented and gave his life to Messiah Yeshua - Jesus.

I posted the following topic voluntarily in the Conspiracy Theories forum to lower expectations and increase the probability that this really controversial topic would not be locked or moved:

Can some people astral project and put curses on people?

The ministry I feel led to do is a risky one:

I want to start an online ministry to Satanists....

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe so, yes. Though on edit even people lost to darkness can choose the light

Good Day, Charsan

So people (lost) who are darkness, who mind is on evil continually, who can not follow the laws of God who are enmity with God, and love darkness, and have desperately wicked hearts.

Can choose light how?

In Him,

Bill

• Informative
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
If there is no such thing as free will then there goes our ability to sin. Without choice there is no sin. I am reminded of an event that happened some 50 years ago near my home town. Two men had been out hunting and when they left to go home they placed their rifles in the box of the pick up truck along with their dog. The passenger glanced back and said the dog was very agitated about something and was pacing frantically around. He stepped on the trigger of one of the rifles. It discharged killing the driver. Is the dog guilty of murder? If it were a child rather than the dog would the child be guilty of murder? If the child had picked up the rifle and was playing with it?

• Winner
Upvote 0

charsan

Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good Day, Charsan

So people (lost) who are darkness, who mind is on evil continually, who can not follow the laws of God who are enmity with God, and love darkness, and have desperately wicked hearts.

Can choose light how?

In Him,

Bill

By their own free will. We are not locked into to one position at all ever. Something could happen where someone does something good or something bad happens to a person and the lost see this and change their minds. That is why I reject Calvinism wholesale because they think man is locked int his position and can do nothing about it, to me that idea is quite repugnant

• Winner
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Good Day, Charsan

Can choose light how?

In Him,

Bill

The ones to be most scared for are perhaps the Scribes and Pharisees no matter if they are Christian or Jewish or Islamic or what version of the Scribe / Pharisee mind set they exemplify????

Do you think I am silly to think that the percentage of Christian Scribe/ Pharisee mentality is similar to the percentage of Jews of the time of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus and John the Baptist who felt that political position and money were so important that keeping them justified doing Wrap Up Smears and arranging for people to be persecuted or killed??????

Killing somebody's reputation can be a form of "Character Assination" you know.... and we Christians sure can gossip and slander can't we????

Many of us when we float outside our bodies and perhaps have an experience like
2 Corinthians 12
verses two to four
may find ourselves wanting to hide from the Life Review that we all must face with Messiah Yeshua - Jesus to who has been committed ALL JUDGMENT!?

3. The Life Review of Howard Storm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
By their own free will. We are not locked into to one position at all ever. Something could happen where someone does something good or something bad happens to a person and the lost see this and change their minds. That is why I reject Calvinism wholesale because they think man is locked int his position and can do nothing about it, to me that idea is quite repugnant

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems like an obvious cop out by people who want to justify their own refusal to figure out some valid and effective way to reach out to the lost.......... I've been there... done that... and got the T-shirt because my old church the Worldwide Church of God was non-prostylitizing and our reasoning was not very good at all but it took me a long time to be shown how far off we really were.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Free-will means your salvation is based upon something besides God wooing you here kitty, kitty style.

It's based upon a decision based upon your life's happenstance events....if this or that did or didn't happen to you you would or would not be saved.

Perhaps it was the soft music at the alter call that tugged at your mood and you went forward to be saved....but if there was no music you would have stayed seated and remained lost.

Maybe your choice was to remain seated as to avoid embarrassment...and you missed out on salvation. I guess God should have wooed harder.

• Useful
Upvote 0