Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Almost every Thursday, I wake up at six, —actually, I wake up at six everyday, but on most days I stay in bed and pray & read for a bit, to give myself some time to wake up.- take the bus to a neighbouring town, and walk a few Kilometers to attend a reverent parish, and Eucharistic Adoration there. (Yes! that's how far I'll go to attend a reverent mass, and Eucharistic Adoration!)

So how for would you go for a reverent mass and Eucharistic Adoration? :)

• Winner
Reactions: Tomm

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps all the way to the Orthodox Church not that they have adoration, but they do have a reverent DL
You should read my bog entry, it might give you something about. (The name of my Cathedral to be exact.)

Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

I am a man...who loves our Lady!
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have adoration at a parish down the road from where I work. I have daily mass at the cathedral 5 blocks from where I work. My home parish the priest is very conservative and does a very reverent mass.

I am lucky and blessed.

Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps all the way to the Orthodox Church not that they have adoration, but they do have a reverent DL

We do have an Eastern wing in the Catholic church.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single

Yes, but Im drawn towards the Orthodox Church rather than changing rite to a eastern one.

I have a problem with the papacy which is kind of similar to theirs. Theologically Im sliding in that direction...

• Winner
Reactions: Glaucus
Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have adoration at a parish down the road from where I work. I have daily mass at the cathedral 5 blocks from where I work. My home parish the priest is very conservative and does a very reverent mass.

I am lucky and blessed.
All right! I hope you’re opening yourself up to lots of graces! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟934,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but Im drawn towards the Orthodox Church rather than changing rite to a eastern one.

I have a problem with the papacy which is kind of similar to theirs. Theologically Im sliding in that direction...
I don’t want to start a debate, especially considering I’m at college right now but, are you really willing to deny the Immaculate Conception, the Filioque, the Indisolubility of marriage, and the recognition of contraceptive fake sex as intrinsically evil, (and is currently drowning us all in its evil) just over issues with the authority of mortal man?

• Agree
Reactions: Tomm
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I don’t want to start a debate, especially considering I’m at college right now but, are you really willing to deny the Immaculate Conception, the Filioque, the Indisolubility of marriage, and the recognition of contraceptive fake sex as intrinsically evil, (and is currently drowning us all in its evil) just over issues with the authority of mortal man?

Im not going to promote Orthodox theology in OBOB not now as catholic nor as Orthodox if I go east in the future.

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Im not going to promote Orthodox theology in OBOB not now as catholic nor as Orthodox if I go east in the future.
I'm sure that you're well aware of this and that you will make an informed decision - and one based on conscience - but I must say this anyways: Be sure that if you convert to Orthodoxy it is because you believe it to be true, and not because you're displeased with people within the Catholic Church.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure that you're well aware of this and that you will make an informed decision - and one based on conscience - but I must say this anyways: Be sure that if you convert to Orthodoxy it is because you believe it to be true, and not because you're displeased with people within the Catholic Church.

There are push and pulls behind every desicion man makes. Something would be pushes within the Catholic Church that pushes me eastwards and there would be pulls in the Orthodox Church that pulls me to it.

Its the same thing in any major desicion a person makes, but yes if I go east its because I commit myself in that direction rather then distancing myself from Francis, Vii and Rome.

Upvote 0

PittBullMom

Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2017
USA
✟86,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I Read an Article Ten Years Ago About A Girl In Africa who Had No Legs And used Her Knuckles To Go To Church Every Sunday. For Five Miles .It Sure Put Things In Perspective When I Had Excuses Not To Go .Its Never Really That Bad.

It Was That eastern wing that started me on my journey to orthodoxy. Many years ago I went to a eastern rite service, and every mass after that did not compare to how I felt after I had that one communion.

Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I Read an Article Ten Years Ago About A Girl In Africa who Had No Legs And used Her Knuckles To Go To Church Every Sunday. For Five Miles .It Sure Put Things In Perspective When I Had Excuses Not To Go .Its Never Really That Bad.

It Was That eastern wing that started me on my journey to orthodoxy. Many years ago I went to a eastern rite service, and every mass after that did not compare to how I felt after I had that one communion.

I appreciate your perspective but this is a Catholic forum. I would never go into TAW and encourage people to come home to Rome.

I find the Mass to be very fulfilling. So much so that I go 3-4 times a week.

This thread is derailed. It's supposed to be a thread about Catholics and how far they have to go for reverent Mass and adoration. Not people converting to Orthodoxy.

Everyone knows I have lots of respect for the EO. However, I do still believe that the Catholic church contains the fullness of Truth.

Upvote 0