Florida
✟325,120.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm a man (surprise) and I often look at women. More and more I feel like it's looking at a flower or a painting and admiring the beauty of it rather than any kind of lustful thoughts or the like.

Where is the line crossed between admiration and lust? Any ideas?

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know if there's a "line", and if there was, there'd be a lot of dancing back and forth.

The best I can tell you is that, as long as it's with true appreciation for beauty, not desiring to take her for your selfish desires, that's where you should be--which it sounds like you're doing.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm a man (surprise) and I often look at women. More and more I feel like it's looking at a flower or a painting and admiring the beauty of it rather than any kind of lustful thoughts or the like.

Pretend your wife is right next to you and she can read your mind.

If you're comfortable with that idea, I suppose you're doing okay.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

You should take this to your confessor.

That make sense?

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I am not sure where that line is, but I have found the same - that I can appreciate beauty in women without lust. I notice it because I have struggled with lust so much, especially in my younger years. I thank God that He has been gracious in this change within me, even if I have a long way to go.

Perhaps the line is drawn when desire, and therefore ourself (and selfishness), come into play?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

I think its not worth worrying about, although I suppose there is always the risk of self-delusion.

Just for comparison, even a gay man can appreciate a woman's beauty but that doesn't mean he is sexually attracted to her.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Matthew 5:29
29 If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.
The point of that passage is that your body is not the problem. Otherwise the speaker or His disiples would have led by example. In those days, body parts were given special purposes, as we still say "the heart" is assigned certain activities involved in love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I feel for you, as I have many temptations in that regard. Since in the past I was addicted to inappropriate content, that line has to be drawn very carefully for me. If I look at more than the face of a woman, I have to immediately ask God to forgive me and help me to see her as a sister in Christ. I try not to see anything like pictures, magazines, or movies that have lewdness in it (sexual suggestions).

But that's me. Because of my perverted past, it is still difficult for me to clearly separate appreciation of a woman's beauty from sexual desire. Sin has long-reaching effects.
TD:)

• Agree
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0