How, exactly, can Christ heal our pain and suffering.

MitchW

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2019
Trumbull
✟36,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
I'm age 84 and suffering pain and impairment all the time. I have read the Bible from beginning to end many, many times. I believe in Christ.

I am even trying to read Mary Baker Eddy's "Science and Health." So far I don't see any quick solutions. I am even reading "You Ar the Placebo" by Joe Dispenza to see if his technique of using the mind works. So far, no results.

Maybe some of you have really stopped pain and suffering using the Bible and / or Christ directly. I'd like to hear you solutions.

• Prayers
Reactions: Tigger45

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For my background read this:

I give up

We will have pain, we will have trials, we will have tribulations. Period. There are numerous verses in the Bible that talk about suffering.

Romans 5:3-5 "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope: and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

We should rejoice in suffering, because it sharpens and strengthens us into stronger Christians.

1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."

Although we may suffer in life, God lives within us and He can offer us a perfect peace that we can have even through the pain. The Joy of Christ is greater than the pain, the Hope greater than the trial...

Through Him we overcome, not avoid. We all must pass from this life into the next - what makes it beautiful is Christ in us, all around us, as He carries us through.

We are refined in the fires of tribulation... welcome to dross removal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,477.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I believe the only way is to offer up our sufferings to God. There is no quick fix. Its a matter of truly believing in God and believing that as you carry your cross/s in life, Jesus is indeed carrying you.

Miracles do happen though.

May God's will be done, i say.

Upvote 0

MitchW

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2019
Trumbull
✟36,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Hazel,

I just clicked on your link explaining your illness: CRPS - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome!

My diagnosis was EXACTLY the same: CRPS. I was assaulted on my feet by two doctors. The first on 9/10/2014 and the diagnosis was Peripheral Neuropathy three weeks later. Then on 8/25/2015 I was HIT on the feet 17 times my another doctor. My diagnosis three weeks later was Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.

I also have terrible pain and impairment in my feet and legs now spreading to my spine and sometimes into my arms and hands.

Thanks for that advice. So far it seems to be the best I've heard. Trust in Christ and ACCEPT all the suffering.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.Maybe some of you have really stopped pain and suffering using the Bible and / or Christ directly. I'd like to hear you solutions.
Oxytocin is a hormone secreted by the posterior lobe of the pituitary gland, a pea-sized structure at the base of the brain. It's sometimes known as the "cuddle hormone" or the "love hormone," because it is released when people snuggle up or bond socially. I think this is why cats like people. It stimulates this hormone in them and that makes them feel good.

The problem is when people take drugs they block these receptors and the Body is not able to heal itself naturally. There are herbs given for healing, Jesus was given Frankincense & Myrrh when He was born. Today we have ointments we can use that cost less money. But I would avoid the witchcraft and sorcery that is usually associated with opium based drugs.

I have a book that was recommended by the 700 club on essential oils that are natural medicine for healing. Then we have the Healing power of God at work in us. Just as the resurrection power of God is already at work in us. This can take time as we can gain slow gradual improvement as we continue to pray. Of course as Paul says we can go boldly before the throne of Grace. It is actually the fragrance that pleases God. Our prayers are to be a sweet fragrance before Him. Rev 5:8 "golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God's people."

My father was a medical doctor and he did believe he could use the power of suggestion and the power of positive thinking for dealing with pain. For me we just need to continue to pray and seek after God because He does not ever disappoint. Also we need to seek God to see if there is something He wants to accomplish in what we are going through. Lots of times it is through understanding that I find my deliverance. For example I have a blood clot in my leg I am dealing with. They tell me that the reason for this is that we are not suppose to sit for more then 30 min without getting up and moving around.

The Ornish approach is well tested and researched. This involved diet, exercise and stress control. But now they say we need to keep ourselves active or we will have consequences.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm age 84 and suffering pain and impairment all the time. I have read the Bible from beginning to end many, many times. I believe in Christ.

I am even trying to read Mary Baker Eddy's "Science and Health." So far I don't see any quick solutions. I am even reading "You Ar the Placebo" by Joe Dispenza to see if his technique of using the mind works. So far, no results.

Maybe some of you have really stopped pain and suffering using the Bible and / or Christ directly. I'd like to hear you solutions.
Well, if you're open to Mary Baker Eddy, then perhaps you wouldn't object to looking at this:

The Ministry of Healing, by Ellen G. White. Table of Contents

or the free audiobook edition:

Ministry of Healing--Audio Book by Ellen G. White

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hazel,

I just clicked on your link explaining your illness: CRPS - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome!

My diagnosis was EXACTLY the same: CRPS. I was assaulted on my feet by two doctors. The first on 9/10/2014 and the diagnosis was Peripheral Neuropathy three weeks later. Then on 8/25/2015 I was HIT on the feet 17 times my another doctor. My diagnosis three weeks later was Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.

I also have terrible pain and impairment in my feet and legs now spreading to my spine and sometimes into my arms and hands.

Thanks for that advice. So far it seems to be the best I've heard. Trust in Christ and ACCEPT all the suffering.

I've had this for 20 years. A good pain clinic is essential.. so make sure your neurosurgeon refers you. They gave me sympathetic blocks every other day for months after my diagnosis which I think knocked down some of the worst of it.

But learning how to live in this much pain, it's done through Christ, and with Christ and in Christ.

I think with CRPS a lot of this is mental... I am in pain now, but at this stage for me its bearable, and I am at peace in Christ. Joy is something I never imagined possible in the beginning, but I have it now.

There is that passage in Isaiah 40:31

"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

That is for today, now, even when we are in pain and crippled. When you understand (and live) that verse even through the pain, you know Christ to the limit of your ability.

Its not what people imagine, there is a far deeper meaning here.

Last edited:
Reactions: MitchW
Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, I don't think I'm the one to be giving advice to someone 58 years older than me... However, I can think of one situation that might be useful.

This summer I had taken up jogging for the first time in my life and it was very hard starting out. I could barely get anywhere without my heart pounding and lungs hurting. But I began praying at the start of each run, and noticed that I was able to go much farther than before.

I'm not saying you can pray the pain away, though, so hold on... ^_^

I was progressing really well, running up to 9 miles one day (14 miles total that week!). For someone that had always been kind of weak physically, I was amazed at what I had done. Then... The week after I decided to take it easy and only run two miles and halfway through I pulled a tendon in my leg and couldn't even walk. It was hot and I had many hills to climb before I could get back to my car but I couldn't even bend my leg without excruciating pain.

I asked God to take the pain away just long enough for me to get to my car. Then I tried walking normally, expecting to feel fine. And... it hurt horribly! However, God did give me the strength to keep walking in pain a mile over hills back to my car. But it did stop me from running any farther than 9 miles this summer.

All that to say, I don't think while we're living on earth a prayer to take away pain is guaranteed to actually do what we want. To a degree you can focus on other things and not feel some of the pain, but it will always be there when you try to sleep or are idle. I do think God will give us the strength we need to deal with the pain until He calls us home.

That's how Jesus heals our pain and suffering. If it doesn't happen here, we are promised there will be no pain or suffering in Heaven. So at the very least we have that to look forward to. It may not be the answer anyone wants...

Last summer I was dealing with a horribly painful eye condition which I was told could last the rest of my life. Being only 25 that was basically a death sentence... I really didn't see how I could continue for more than a year or two before ripping my eye out, killing myself, or going mad. God did mercifully heal me of it eventually, but in the midst of it I didn't know if the pain would ever go away and if I'd be half blind forever. I have amblyopia and this affected my strong eye, so I only had my weak eye left to see with... :( I sought God like never before, searched his Scripture for comfort, begged for mercy, and was given a beautiful peace.

So my prayer for you is that whether or not you find a solution to your pain, God will bless you with His healing peace which will make the pain easier to endure.

Hopefully something I wrote will help.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
running up to 9 miles one day

The week after I decided to take it easy and only run two miles and halfway through I pulled a tendon in my leg and couldn't even walk.
I do not know you personally, or your case; so I offer this for you to evaluate with someone who is reliable about exercising and nutrition >

It seems to me that you started with too much running right at your beginning, and you did not do the right preparation stretches and rotations and lightweight repetitions before the running . . . and after finishing the running. So, I would say you need to find out from whoever is reliable, if you did excessive running at the start, which helped make it possible to have the injury the next week; a delayed injury could be partly because of not doing the right conditioning before and after the running, and because you did not do the right gradual increasing of the running distance. Also . . . you possibly need to learn with the right people, about drinking the right fluids during the exercise. I understand that you can get in major trouble, if you don't drink enough water and if you don't get the right minerals which effect how well your muscles work.

I'm age 84 and suffering pain and impairment all the time.
Hi, Mitch . . . prayer for you. I'll bring you in at this point to share what you, also, along with Messerve might want to read.

One time, I had been active for a while; I think I rode my bike eleven miles or so on a warmer or hot day. Then I lay down to rest; after I woke up from a little nap, my ankles got stiff like wood with extreme pain like I maybe have never felt before. I could do nothing. I just stayed there and considered that God would decide if I ever could walk and do anything, again. I think I was like, "Ok, God, I know this could be 'thorn in the flesh' stuff (2 Corinthians 12:7-15), or my life is finished because You are not satisfied with how I have been living and ministering; so here I am."

My lady friend was in the other room. I trusted God with it, and peeped her name, trying to get her to come to be with me, so I could tell her what was going on. After I muttered and whimpered a few times, she came, and I told her how the top of my feet and my lower shins were like a board in agonizing pain. She stood there for a moment, and then it went away.

I was like, ok, God decided that, and I thanked her for whatever she might have done, meaning maybe she had quietly prayed for me. And she did not say anything clear.

Then I considered how I had not been drinking water while biking about eleven miles, I think I remember. And I understand that athletes can get major debilitating cramps because they are dehydrated. And, maybe, if they don't have the salt and potassium and magnesium and other things they need, maybe this can help cause the muscle trouble.

So, I have been doing more regular stretching of my ankles and shins, and drinking water more steadily while busy on my bike and hot days. And I take a vitamin to help make sure I have minerals, plus I drink an electrolyte replenishing drink, at times. Also, I might do gentle massaging with finger pressing of my wrists and arms and shins.

And I see what is needed is we need to keep doing certain basic things steadily, not only at times making a major gesture!!!! And I see how exercising, too, needs to be steady, mainly for maintaining us at a good level . . . not trying to force our way into great accomplishments.

So, I suppose from this > it might apply that you need to make sure you are steady with whatever you find you need to do. It might not give you a quick fix, but there could be longterm improvement > or > at least > you might help to prevent things from getting worse than if you don't do something . . . whatever you find with God and reliable people that you need to do.

And have you fed on 2 Corinthians 12:7-15? Does this help you? I will be glad to get into this with you, if you like.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joined2krist

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 46:10, Be still and know that I am God...

God's abilities is beyond human comprehension, if you haven't received your full healing yet, don't worry He will give you the ability to live with it or heal you eventually if it's His will. Follow your doctor's advice, eat healthy, drink a lot of water to purify your system and hand everything over to God. God bless

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, everyone. Your posts really helped.
The most important thing is faith. Faith itself was purchased for us with the greatest wages ever paid and then freely given to each of us in a particular measure. It is our privilege and duty to cultivate faith to a degree of power that is unlimited. If each of us would only believe, if we would only but couple the words of God together, and tell Him that we expect, for His Name's sake, to keep His promises; that our own words mean nothing, but that the Spirit makes intercession for us; that we are not afraid to be laughed to scorn if the answer does not appear to come with haste or if we have prayed amiss; that, in any case, though He slay us, yet will we trust Him: We will move mountains. I have seen this time and time again, especially when the object of petition is the restoration of relationships. But, make no mistake, God is pleased to hear His children plead for all types of healing, and will often bless them and glorify His name. He has healed me many times, and I always come away with more joy in beholding His love than the physical or mental relief that before seemed so all-important. I trust you are about to experience something wonderful, Friend.

Upvote 0

MitchW

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2019
Trumbull
✟36,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
David,

You are correct. With Christ we can live but without Christ we die. No matter how we suffer, faith in Christ takes us through the storm.

I suffer terribly from medical maimings but take my problems to the Lord every day and by night I am healed again.

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
David,

You are correct. With Christ we can live but without Christ we die. No matter how we suffer, faith in Christ takes us through the storm.

I suffer terribly from medical maimings but take my problems to the Lord every day and by night I am healed again.
Praise The Lord!!! Praise The Lord!!! Oh, to hear such glorious testimony thrills my heart through and through!!!

Even as I was I was writing to you, I received your blessed report. Cherish every longing of your heart after God and He will come very close to you and do great things through you to His Glory.

If, as in Acts 16, Paul and Silas could sing hymns and praise God while in prison lying on their backs with their feet in stocks, and thereby moving God to free them by means of an earthquake, what would He do for us after promising that greater works will be done as His Spirit is poured out ever increasingly upon His ascension to His Father? The future is perilous, but even more bright for us who are called by His Name!!!

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Mitch I am so very sorry to hear of your sufferings.
I am someone someone who lives with chronic pain I can only say that over and above all things, God sees me through it, as I'm sure you have also found.

I tried many things and accept that it is part of my life now but when this life is over I look forward to what God has for us as in Revelation 21:4
"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be anymore pain: for the former things are passed away."

When I am particularly bad I think of what Jesus suffered and know that He, more than anyone truly understands and just that fact is so comforting because pain can also be so isolating too.
It may sound weird but it also keeps me constantly close to Him.
The joy of the Lord is our strength, the joy knowing He is with us always, through all things and will never leave or forsake us.

God bless you dear brother.

• Winner
Reactions: D.A. Wright
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I know of times where Jesus physically heals still today, but I have to admit that not every prayer for healing is answered.

As an example I had a friend who's daughter suffered from Ulcerated Colitis, a very painful, bowl disease. The doctors had told my friend that it had no cure. I asked if we could pray for his daughter, I got the church to pray, and she was healed of the disease.

So God can heal. But I also have an aged mother who went partially blind due to a stroke. I have been praying for her vision to be restored, but so far there is no change.

So I would suggest, pray to Jesus continually for your healing, but if it does not occur, know that we can some times go through suffering, especially as we age.

But if you like I will pray with you for healing.

Upvote 0