How easy is it to lose your salvation?

How easy is it to lose your salvation

• Once born again, not possible

• Very difficult - apostasy needed

• Very difficult - lack of repentance over gross sin needed

• Quite possible - general back-sliding needed

• Quite easy - need to make Jesus Lord continually.

Results are only viewable after voting.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

The past I highlighted clinches it for me.

Salvation is God's gift to you.

What did you do to earn it? What can you do to loose it?

Upvote 0

Dewi Sant

May 21, 2015
UK
✟62,741.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
I see salvation more as a relationship between ourselves and God.

God always loves us. Always.
We however can grow out of touch.

It is our own disinterest, and perhaps hatred, which causes us to resist the love of God.

Ever hated someone who loves you?
It's painful.

Reactions: Poor Beggar
Upvote 0
U

Unmerited Favour

Salvation is a gift from God through Jesus Christ.Salvation is by grace.We are saved by our faith in Jesus.Can someone lose his salvation?Yes.Romans 6:1 What shall we say then?Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound?We can lose our salvation if we turn away from the rightful part, but temporarily, we can easily get it back if we return to God.Our God is a merciful God.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

The past I highlighted clinches it for me.

Salvation is God's gift to you.

What did you do to earn it? What can you do to loose it?
one can easily reject a gift. Some see choosing to accept or reject the gift as earning salvation but I disagree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I voted the second one. You can walk away from salvation, but it is not something that happens easily at ALL.
Which, however, raises the question of whether you were ever truly born again. Answer #1 supposes (I assumed) that there's a diff between seeming to have been born again and really being born again, meaning saved.

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't think ANY of the responses/choices assume anything other than "really being born again". I think ALL choices assume that someone has indeed been born again.

It is a classic discussion of OSAS vs. OSnAS - it is just that OSnAS has been broken down into 4 different "levels of difficulty"

So as it looks now - it is 7 for OSAS - 19 for OSnAS - which surprises me. I thought OSAS would have a majority - I have been on other boards where it would.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think ANY of the responses/choices assume anything other than "really being born again". I think ALL choices assume that someone has indeed been born again.

It is a classic discussion of OSAS vs. OSnAS - it is just that OSnAS has been broken down into 4 different "levels of difficulty"

So as it looks now - it is 7 for OSAS - 19 for OSnAS - which surprises me. I thought OSAS would have a majority - I have been on other boards where it would.

OSAS (although in very different forms) seems to be part of conservative Reformed theology and certain Baptist groups. It's very unlikely that these two groups together form a majority of American Christians, or even American Protestants.

CF tends to be dominated by conservatives, but I don't think it's particularly conservative Reformed. And I'd expect even fewer conservative Calvinists and Southern Baptists in Bridge Builders. I wouldn't be surprised by those poll results for CF as a whole, but I think the number is unexpectedly high for Bridge Builders. I can't help wondering whether all the votes were for regular participants in Bridge Builders.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
hmmm .. i looked at the question and the incorrect premise flag went off in my head . so i don't have an answer to the poll . since it is based on the faithfulness of Jesus Christ to keep someone from falling . then that's up to him is what i came to after meditating on it a little .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
hmmm .. i looked at the question and the incorrect premise flag went off in my head

Me too, but I still answered, whereas you saw it the same way and chose to abstain. We see, therefore, that the poll is not going to be very representative (as if any of these can be).

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Is walking away from salvation the same thing as losing your salvation?

walking away from salvation sounds like walking away from the religious atmosphere and disciplines

losing your salvation is based on an idea that the perception of people other than Jesus is necessary for salvation

though i don't propose the exact opposite of OSAS or ODAD .

i think just living in this question .. do i trust him? will need to be enough .

Upvote 0