How easily and lightly, does the Holy Spirit remind you (of all things)?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I've only just barely started to realize that the level of complexity in my memories, has a negative effect on how much I can remember - the more complex I expect them to be. This in turn, means that I am more reluctant to learn from the Holy Spirit (I don't have to pretend that I am a perfect student now, do I?). So what I thought I would do was write about it, and see if I can get some comments (even insightful ones!) as to how best to deal with a selfish memory.

1. I can confess - this really doesn't need explanation, more doing it.

2. I can study scripture - I have to admit, I rarely read the Bible as a whole these days: being much more satisfied with proverbs and the words of Jesus and Revelation.

3. (and this is where it gets tricky) I can write - about the gaps I feel just taking the Bible at face value, leave (I don't have to pretend that everything that inspires me, is necessarily verbatim in the text, do I??)

Somewhere here, I have to learn the timing of the Holy Spirit's revealing Himself and work with Him, to do the works of God. I have succeeded in understanding that doing the work of God takes "desire" - a desire to do His works - but that is about as far as I have got. I have to confess, I am reluctant to depart from what I have known already, in order to do this. The sense for me, that the Lord will say "well done, good and faithful servant" has more to do with my attitude, than this or that undertaking - I don't know if that's wrong, but it does seem that my attitude about learning is where the selfish complexity starts (for my memory).

(And indeed the Holy Spirit, is reminding me now, of a time when I did not have that attitude!)

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How easily and lightly, does the Holy Spirit remind you (of all things)?

In my experience, I feel Holy Spirit reminds me quite easily of what is said in the Bible. However, sometimes, if I am too focused on earthly matters, it can make it more difficult to hear the message.

Upvote 0