USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You dont agree with Philipians 4:8 do you?

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Seems like you like trying to get us to see and think negative of people and situations.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Seems like you like trying to get us to see and think negative of people and situations.

Would you prefer I ignore those who protect this country and risk their lives to spare mine? That's the most horrible and ungrateful thing I could imagine.

I would accept your insults million times over before I would insult a man in service to my country.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't get me wrong, I respect soldiers. However I also believe sometimes we put them on pedastools and treat them better then we do God. Of course I have nothing wrong with military discounts of course. The lady needed to get a life instead of asking such a question.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Don't get me wrong, I respect soldiers. However I also believe sometimes we put them on pedastools and treat them better then we do God. Of course I have nothing wrong with military discounts of course. The lady needed to get a life instead of asking such a question.

I'm with you.

They deserve respect, but not god-like status. They are doing a job. That job is not well-paying, and very high risk, though, so respect is the least we can do for these folks.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you prefer I ignore those who protect this country and risk their lives to spare mine? That's the most horrible and ungrateful thing I could imagine.

I would accept your insults million times over before I would insult a man in service to my country.
What I saw when i watched this video was the cool act of kindness and goodness from the manager of the store....giving him the meal free. I thought that was cool. I didnt see anything negative. But this is not why you posted this is it? It wasnt for us to find the good right? but to notice the bad? or maybe this is a test to find those who are pure in heart......separate the stone throwers from those with the mind of christ? If so.....kudos.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
What I saw when i watched this video was the cool act of kindness and goodness from the manager of the store....giving him the meal free. I thought that was cool. I didnt see anything negative. But this is not why you posted this is it? It wasnt for us to find the good right? but to notice the bad? or maybe this is a test to find those who are pure in heart......separate the stone throwers from those with the mind of christ? If so.....kudos.

You missed 90% of the video.

Ignore list.

• Prayers
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I make my living selling flowers for Mother's Day, Easter, and Valentine's Day. I also sell fireworks for the 4th, and new years. I give all ID card carrying active, and retired service men service men 10% off. I do the same for police, and rescue workers also. A simple thanks goes along way.

Every 4th, and new years I have a some odd 96 year old gentleman bring his grandsons into my tent to buy fireworks. He served in WWII, after enlisting at 17 in 1940. Even tho I know who he is, he has to plop his veterans card down on the counter, and talk about his days in the war. I always give his grand kids something for free. I enjoy being able to give something back to him. I am thankful for what he has paid for, for me. I honestly believe he paid his 10% back when he was still a kid storming beaches.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I make my living selling flowers for Mother's Day, Easter, and Valentine's Day. I also sell fireworks for the 4th, and new years. I give all ID card carrying active, and retired service men service men 10% off. I do the same for police, and rescue workers also. A simple thanks goes along way.

Every 4th, and new years I have a some odd 96 year old gentleman bring his grandsons into my tent to buy fireworks. He served in WWII, after enlisting at 17 in 1940. Even tho I know who he is he has to plop his veterans card down on the counter, and talk about his days in the war. I always give his grand kids something for free. I enjoy being able to give something back to him. I am thankful for what he has paid for, for me. I honestly believe he paid his 10% back when he was still a kid storming beaches.

Nice. Well done.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Jesus never found the bad either then right? Never sat with sinners?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi jimmy,

You're free to not ignore those who protect this country and risk their lives to spare yours. Although I'd personally take issue with anyone believing that many of the wars we have been involved in would have meant that if we weren't involved in those wars that your life would have been in danger. We could have stayed out of Vietnam and you'd likely be living pretty much like you do today. It seems that many of the wars that we fight aren't really about protecting the rights or property or lives of Americans. We're often trying to protect the rights of others who live in other countries. The recent bombing in Syria wasn't about protecting any Americans or any American rights. It was about our being offended, and rightfully so, that the leader of Syria would act so callously towards his own people.

So, while I agree that we should give some effort to protect the rights of others living in other lands, let's be honest with ourselves about whether or not such effort really has anything to do with protecting American rights, property or lives. However, I think we should consider that many people don't see our many warlike involvements as being some act of protection of the United States or its people.

What you have posted here is an exchange between two people in a fast food restaurant. Two people in which one felt that asking for some sort of military discount was improper. 30 years ago that exchange would have happened and the rest of the world would have gone on living and other than a few friends of the two people and possibly those in the restaurant, nothing else would have come of it. Ahhh, but now we have youtube and twitter and facebook and all these cyber social media conveyances that make such private exchanges public world catastrophes. It's a different world out there than what you likely want it to be. That's your right to feel that way, but when you start demanding that everyone else feel the way you feel about every little nuanced conversation that people have because some idiot decided to post it on a social media site, ehhhh, you're out of line.

Obviously the person addressing the man asking for the military discount doesn't feel the way you feel about current or ex-military personnel getting discounts. That's her right and those same folks that you claim fought for your life and freedom, fought for hers, too. It isn't evil and it isn't bad. It's just the way she feels and she does still have the right to express that.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Jesus never found the bad either then right? Never sat with sinners?
He sat with the sinner, He didnt post videos about them so people can talk about how bad the sins are they commit. He doesnt throw stones, He forgives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He sat with the sinner, He didnt post videos about them so people can talk about how bad the sins are they commit. He doesnt throw stones, He forgives.
Its because videos didn't exist. ;) So I take it you never watch anything that has negative stuff in it? No news, tv shows, youtube. Actually why are you on here? If you talk to people then obviously you must to some degree be negative to do so right? After all your telling me I am wrong, so.....

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its because videos didn't exist. ;) So I take it you never watch anything that has negative stuff in it? No news, tv shows, youtube. Actually why are you on here? If you talk to people then obviously you must to some degree be negative to do so right? After all your telling me I am wrong, so.....
There are certain things I've stopped doing and watching because they gave me negative thoughts. But I find it a good spiritual growth measure to be able to do and watch the same things and not have the negative thoughts come. This is why I'm here, I get insulted and ignored a good amount here. I measure my growth by the feelings I get when I read them and my initial response and finally what I actually write. I should be able to take compliments the same as I take being cursed. I don't judge, but if I have a different opinion I don't see anything wrong with saying it. I don't think you are wrong for your opinions. God shows what he wants to who he wants. I can't boost in my knowledge nor look down on others for their percieved lack of it....lest my own grace be taken away.

But you are right, I don't see much helpfulness here....a lot of negative threads, and arguing and posts that encourage negative thoughts. I believe I will be taking a permanent leave soon. Unless you can write me something that will make me argry....Then I know I have to stay so I can grow some more. ;-)

Upvote 0

noam burde

Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
zikim israel
Visit site
✟57,439.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

there is an ancient saying "don't kill the messenger"

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hi jimmy,

You're free to not ignore those who protect this country and risk their lives to spare yours. Although I'd personally take issue with anyone believing that many of the wars we have been involved in would have meant that if we weren't involved in those wars that your life would have been in danger. We could have stayed out of Vietnam and you'd likely be living pretty much like you do today. It seems that many of the wars that we fight aren't really about protecting the rights or property or lives of Americans. We're often trying to protect the rights of others who live in other countries. The recent bombing in Syria wasn't about protecting any Americans or any American rights. It was about our being offended, and rightfully so, that the leader of Syria would act so callously towards his own people.

So, while I agree that we should give some effort to protect the rights of others living in other lands, let's be honest with ourselves about whether or not such effort really has anything to do with protecting American rights, property or lives. However, I think we should consider that many people don't see our many warlike involvements as being some act of protection of the United States or its people.

What you have posted here is an exchange between two people in a fast food restaurant. Two people in which one felt that asking for some sort of military discount was improper. 30 years ago that exchange would have happened and the rest of the world would have gone on living and other than a few friends of the two people and possibly those in the restaurant, nothing else would have come of it. Ahhh, but now we have youtube and twitter and facebook and all these cyber social media conveyances that make such private exchanges public world catastrophes. It's a different world out there than what you likely want it to be. That's your right to feel that way, but when you start demanding that everyone else feel the way you feel about every little nuanced conversation that people have because some idiot decided to post it on a social media site, ehhhh, you're out of line.

Obviously the person addressing the man asking for the military discount doesn't feel the way you feel about current or ex-military personnel getting discounts. That's her right and those same folks that you claim fought for your life and freedom, fought for hers, too. It isn't evil and it isn't bad. It's just the way she feels and she does still have the right to express that.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Wars and conflicts around the globe means protection to the US. Whether it is against a direct or indirect threat, it's still in effort of the protection of people both here and abroad.

Such an anti-American post with such disrespect for people serving in the military gets you top billing on my ignore list.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
there is an ancient saying "don't kill the messenger"
This isn't about this post. This users last few posts have been to point out negativity in others. If this was the only one, I wouldn't have noticed the thread. As children of light, our job should be to bring out the good, not point out the bad all the time. I guess I thought this site was more about Good and the Word, and encouragement. It isn't, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Maria.V.H
Upvote 0