up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Except it will not be just Jews or even mainly Jews...

agreed. Was using what the Jews looked for in Jesus' day as an example of what mankind will also seek... and if they can't even grasp the concept of the upside down Kingdom, they certainly won't be seeking anything but of the flesh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
agreed. Was using what the Jews looked for in Jesus' day as an example of what mankind will also seek... and if they can't even grasp the Kingdom, they certainly won't be seeking anything but of the flesh.
Might be something how he is supposed to be God or like God superior to those God's, and will probably tell many that either already are, or they are, or can easily be to, or are also, and lead a revolution...

Maybe, that you can have some kind of power through him, ect... or he might have some powers, ect...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Maybe, that you can have some kind of power through him, ect... or he might have some powers, ect...

Consider how in a world today leaning towards atheism, how would the AC even convince people that don't care about God. He would have to appeal to an atheists way of thinking, including perhaps promoting the abolition of religion. He is a false messiah, not a false god. A saviour of mankind, physically obviously rather than spiritually. The only kingdom the Adversary has ever ruled is of this world.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Consider how in a world today leaning towards atheism, how would the AC even convince people that don't care about God. He would have to appeal to an atheists way of thinking, including perhaps promoting the abolition of religion.

Yet it is written he will claim to be God so your theories are wrong. The AC brings in a religion of worshiping him as a god. There shall be miracles, wonders and worship.

Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yet it is written he will claim to be God so your theories are wrong. The AC brings in a religion of worshiping him as a god. There shall be miracles, wonders and worship.

As I said a world that has always been focused on the flesh will only see an AC that is of the flesh. They seek a fleshy messiah. Look at all the mini political messiahs they flock to now. Nothing supernatural about that passage from Rev.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As I said a world that has always been focused on the flesh will only see an AC that is of the flesh. They seek a fleshy messiah.

You still contradict what the bible says on this subject. There is no "non-religious" AC.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You still contradict what the bible says on this subject. There is no "non-religious" AC.

Man's religion is politics and it's god is Mammon. The Adversary cannot represent anything that is not of this world. Jesus has His Kingdom. The only good news the AC can bring is of this world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟17,354.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hello

How does the Beast Convince the World he is God /Jesus.

This is not a scripture hunt more of an out load wondering.

I know what scripture says. So does every one in here. So do people all over the world. Everyone is waiting for him so how does he manage to deceive a world that is waiting for him.

This question haunted me for years.

The only answer I can come up with is this.................... and it is sooooo simple................ I was amazed it took me so long to see it.

So here it is. Everyone is waiting for a person to fulfill a particular set of event that person will be labeled the AC. For Example

Many Believe the AC will make a Pact with the Jews and help them rebuild the Temple.

So ask yourself this..... if a Man, say a leader of the EU, did just that how many people would believe beyond any doubt he was the AC. Now if the Temple was rebuilt how happy would the Muslims be. So if the EU then came to the defense of Israel that would just be more proof he was the AC.

Example 2:

Say a EU Leader got shot in the head and then Lived. How many people would say he was the AC without even a doubt in their mind.

So what the AC must do is convince the world that someone else is the AC.

Now after the world is convinced someone is the AC and a series of events happen. What is everyone is waiting for............... What event. Well they are waiting for Jesus to show up and destroy him aren't they.

Now we can see why Satan and his demons have put so much effort into false doctrine over the centuries. It is to get to a point where people think the Arrival of the AC is one set of events that it really isn't. That way he can create that "Fake Set" of events convince the world someone else is the AC then he can show up with all signs and wonders destroy the Fake AC and convince the world he is Jesus returned to set up God's Kingdom.

The simplicity of this is diabolical
First of all, the remaining two thirds of the Earth will be in utter confusion and desperation after WW3 that they will be taken in by this World Ruler...

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So for those who believe that the papacy is the Antichrist, you think they will accept anyone or any system that destroys the papacy, as the true Messiah?
If the AC attacks the Catholic Church you can be assured that it is the true Church. Scriptures will become fulfilled in the sight of those who believe the Chair of Peter is the seat of AC. I think the AC will appeal to the Jews and many of them will claim him the messiah. The best witnesses for Christ to save the Jews would be Moses and Elijah who last appeared to Jesus at the Transfiguration and have been waiting in Paradise for their martyrdom. Like their Lord they are killed and after three days are resurrected when the voice from heaven say's "Come up here".Revelation 11:12 This terrifies the inhabitants of the earth and begins the conversion of the Jews.

The two witnesses were stealing the show and nobody could stop them. Perhaps killing them is the AC's greatest wonder.

Upvote 0

Roidecoeur78

This world is not my home.
Dec 14, 2018
Midwest
✟21,194.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many Believe the AC will make a Pact with the Jews and help them rebuild the Temple.

So ask yourself this..... if a Man, say a leader of the EU, did just that how many people would believe beyond any doubt he was the AC. Now if the Temple was rebuilt how happy would the Muslims be. So if the EU then came to the defense of Israel that would just be more proof he was the AC.
I would like to see the scriptural passages stating that the Israel mentioned in the bible would be a nation state that gives itself the name of Israel for political purposes, rather than Israel being the chosen people of God, the true bride of Christ, that only God and Jesus truly know the identity of and that have little or nothing to do with the manufactured politics or religions of the day which are practiced by the majority.

Also, the third temple is clearly stated to be the body(ies) of the true believers(1Cor3:16), those that practice the true and faultless religion of aiding widows and orphans while keeping themselves unpolluted from the world James 1:27. So any man made building being called a temple, will only be a symptom of those aforementioned man made idols of popular religion and politics. It falls right into that paradigm of standing in a building called a church not making a person Christian any more than standing in a garage makes one a car.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Revelation 22:10-12

Jan 31, 2019
Hermitage
✟17,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello

He doesn't have to convince the world that he is Jesus; he just will announce himself to be god in the Holy of Holies, a certain section inside the Temple.

I know what scripture says. So does every one in here. So do people all over the world. Everyone is waiting for him so how does he manage to deceive a world that is waiting for him.

The only answer I can come up with is this.................... and it is sooooo simple................ I was amazed it took me so long to see it.

So here it is. Everyone is waiting for a person to fulfill a particular set of event that person will be labeled the AC. For Example

According to scripture prophesy, as I recall, the outer court of the Temple will belong to the Gentiles. It has been found that the original parameter of the Temple itself has been found and can be built without the Dome of the Rock getting in the way of that. Indeed, it will be found in he outer courts.

They have all the stuff made for inside the Temple and they have the material ready to build that Temple quickly; they are just waiting for the go ahead signal.

Example 2:

Say a EU Leader got shot in the head and then Lived. How many people would say he was the AC without even a doubt in their mind.

Now after the world is convinced someone is the AC and a series of events happen. What is everyone is waiting for............... What event. Well they are waiting for Jesus to show up and destroy him aren't they.

Now we can see why Satan and his demons have put so much effort into false doctrine over the centuries. It is to get to a point where people think the Arrival of the AC is one set of events that it really isn't. That way he can create that "Fake Set" of events convince the world someone else is the AC then he can show up with all signs and wonders destroy the Fake AC and convince the world he is Jesus returned to set up God's Kingdom.

Jesus's return will be Him arriving from above with the pre raptured saints: Zechariah 14:1-5 His foot will touch down on the Mount of Olives and cleave it into a valley to do battle against the armies of the world marching against Jerusalem. That is the climax of the end of the great tribulation.

Not withstanding the appearance of the 2 witnesses in Jerusalem that before THAT time at the end, they will be killed during the great tribulation, but resurrected which will cause a stir in Jerusalem.

Might be hard to mimic arranging for the world to send all of its armies to march against Jerusalem and arrive, descending from the cloud with the pre raptured saints to set foot down on the Mount of Olives to split it in two in coming to do battle with and defeat the armies of the world marching against Jerusalem.

The real question is how will the AC get that one world religion going for the world to agree to that peace? By that sign of tongues which can be found in all the religions of the world and the occult. * side note, Judaism did not have ecstatic tongues that is just gibberish nonsense, but they have been exposed to it as per the occult and idol worshipers before and thus in Jesus's time before Pentecost.

Ecumenicalism is a fruit of the false prophet. Christianity throws discerning the spirits by the scripture out the window and rely on supernatural experience rather than the scripture. So it couldn't be that hard for the AC to cause all religions to experience that phenomenon in his presence in uniting them by that phenomenon while they chuck all the things in each of their religion that opposes other religions by that sign of tongues, seeing that every one that speak in that kind of tongue are the same as they.

Just a speculation on how the AC would accomplish that one world religion as that kind of tongue does come after the workings of Satan as per Isaiah 8:19. Of Course, those saints left behind for that being in that iniquity as warned in the Revelation 2:18-29 for speaking the depths of Stan for which they speak by that spiritual fornication, will know finally that the spirit that came over them apart from salvation at the calling of the gospel was not of Him to know not to shun that tongue and not be identified with that new one world religion.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Maybe in Canada, but the USA was founded by good Christians trying to ensure that Christianity will always prevail. We have freedom of religion(government). Freedom to teach the people what is good and what is evil.
Brother ...as a student of history , I have to disagree . The Pilgrims of Plymouth were separatist (Calvinist) ..another group in Jamestown were basically mercenary with little to no religious devotion . The Puritans came after the Pilgrims . Now the big lie we have been told . Over 100 years later ..G Washington , T Jefferson , Madison , and particularly Thomas Paine encouraged revolt and rebellion against the King of England . The Pilgrims and the Puritans would have looked at this as rebellion ( which God hates ..in 1st Samuel rebellion is called as of the sin of witchcraft ) It is contrary to biblical teachings of obeying those in authority ...to pray for the king ,etc. Brewster , Bradford , Robinson and others would have considered the founders of this country as apostates. Deist / humanist at best but in no way would they have broken bread with them nor did the Founders consider themselves christian. Religious yes . ( B Franklin was more an agnostic but saw the value of "religion" in a republic .
So , no , we were not founded as a christian nation but rather as a republic , like Rome ... we get our power from Rome which fell because of Christianity . ( Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire . ) No , we were founded like most nations ...self-will , covetousness , murder , theft ( manifest destiny ) . And like every nation , we will be destroyed at the brightness of His coming .

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello

Example 2:

The nation of Israel is often referred to as a person ( Jacob ) The Jews missed the Messiah for they were looking for something else . Maybe the A/C is not a person but a body of people who worship man and are everything that Jesus is not . An "anti-Jesus " ...proud ... aggressive .. warlike ...even sending women into battle all the while we are looking for an individual rather than a " man of sin".

Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
The thought process that I've read is something to the effect of, every religion is waiting on some person or event to occur. It would not be inconceivable that a person could claim to be one or the other then work in concert with the false prophet to pull together all the religions of the world into believing they are all the same person, such as universalism. For example the Musilm Mahdi comes claims to be such, but is really the AC, then the Pope claims that this person is Christ returned etc, which then already gets half the population of the world to follow him without much effort. Obviously there is no scripture to back this, and it's pure conjecture. My only point is that it wouldn't be hard to see how that could happen.

Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟17,354.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hello

Example 2:

I can assure you that America will not be around when the Man of sin appears on the world scene.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟270,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello

Example 2:

imo, this is exactly correct.

that is why at the 7th Trumpet, the start of the kingdom of heaven [on earth] is simultaneous with the start of the 'beast from the sea & earth' aka the 'beast from the abyss'.

Put another way, the reason Revelation is written the way that it is, is because God has already expected Satan to willfully fulfill scripture/ prophecy about the messiah. It is already 'baked in' into prophecy that Satan is going to copy it.

That is why I take a very literal approach to dates & times. People seem to think that prophecy will be fulfilled via God's whim & when the 'time is right', but God has already given the framework & Satan will make sure that the prophecies will come true.

In this same vein, this is why the idea of a 'whisked away' rapture is so dangerous. Scripture no where says that people will be magically whisked away to heaven - and the language in the verses that people use to say this is is poetic language that doesn't mean being 'whisked away'. What the 'rapture' really is, is being physically / politically gathered by 'messengers'/ the Greek word 'angelos'/ the English 'angels'.

All of that said, as to the idea of a fake Jesus, yes there will be a fake Jesus, but it will not be a 'good' Jesus, it will be a Jesus that is possessed of an unclean spirit (the unforgivable sin of Matthew 12:22-37). (if pop culture is any guide to Satan's understanding of the end times [which I think is a very good guide], this Jesus will be a 'good vampire' a la Batman & 'his brother' will be Lucifer a la Superman. Just as God 'gives powers' to the 2 witnesses, there will be 2 false witnesses that 'have been given powers'/ superpowers.

• Useful
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What the 'rapture' really is, is being physically / politically gathered by 'messengers'/ the Greek word 'angelos'/ the English 'angels'.

I agree, and what comes to mind for me is the Moedim (holy convocations), specifically, Sukkot (Tabernacles).

this Jesus will be a 'good vampire' a la Batman

Interesting...I never thought of the "Dark Knight" as a vampire...good one.

• Agree
Reactions: tranquil
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Put another way, the reason Revelation is written the way that it is, is because God has already expected Satan to willfully fulfill scripture/ prophecy about the messiah. It is already 'baked in' into prophecy that Satan is going to copy it.

If people want a model of the end they need to look at the beginning. Revelation has a dual nature, the first being John's words against Rome and it's Caesar, the latter an end of the same nature.

But seriously, does it matter? It's going to happen with or without us and there is nothing we can do about it either way. Man might better spend their time living in the ways of the Kingdom now, than focussing on the world we have created by our will, not God's and wondering when we shall pay the price.

Upvote 0

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan is already convincing the world that he is the one who is going to bring peace and love, look at the world today... All we hear is love, love, love, but the world is not getting better, in fact, with every new year, things are harder and the evil is more powerful.. In past Satan's puppets were doing his work in secret, but now everything is in our face, that means that his system is already here...

• Agree
Reactions: geodub
Upvote 0

geodub

Jan 28, 2019
Memphis
Visit site
✟16,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello

Example 2:

That is a great point... Also the comment about "wanting to be deceived". I definitely agree, but look at it more of as a tide or current. Whichever one we are caught in is the one we will be drawn along by.

The tide has already risen for the world to be washed away to judgment. (Having small children) I take a stand everyday against the current of world washing them away from what I am trying to teach them in the Word and through prayer.

Those that are already caught in the tide of deception will praise AC's appearing. Those that walk in the light will know and speak against, but (I do not believe) they will be listened to. The deception will be so strong by that point, the deceived will defend it as the truth.

Refer to above comment about the "Fake Gospel".

Upvote 0