dearestnatasha

Feb 19, 2017
Maine
✟7,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I am not doing so well because every time I pray to the Lord, something bad happens. like my dadda gets angry at me or I just have not prayed in a while because I don't want anymore bad things to happen around me.

I still know that I am following the Lord but it is hard knowing that I might pray and someone will mess with me or something. Please could someone pray that nothing bad happens around me because I just got out of being depressed. It is hard closing my eyes and thinking about my decisions that I have made about getting into trouble. It was not really bad trouble but it made me depressed for a while.

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I am not doing so well because every time I pray to the Lord, something bad happens. like my dadda gets angry at me or I just have not prayed in a while because I don't want anymore bad things to happen around me.

I still know that I am following the Lord but it is hard knowing that I might pray and someone will mess with me or something. Please could someone pray that nothing bad happens around me because I just got out of being depressed. It is hard closing my eyes and thinking about my decisions that I have made about getting into trouble. It was not really bad trouble but it made me depressed for a while.
I will pray for you. Praying changes everything, by going to Jesus and asking him for help and asking him to lead and guide you. But you must make some changes as well in your life. Are you reading the bible?

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Bad things happen because as a believer you have joined the enemy camp of Satan. Demons do not want you to pray. They will try to discourage you from prayer and following Christ until you realize who is discouraging you. All power and authority is given to Jesus and he gave that power to us. Submit unto God and resist the devil and he will flee from you. Command the demons to leave.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Remember that Jesus wants us to repent for the bad things we have done. But that is a good thing, because after we repent, God forgives us and restores our soul back to perfect peace with Him.

Try not to connect God to the bad or negative things in your life. People can do bad things and bad situations happen, but that is because no one is perfect and there will always be sin on this earth. Each one of us sins against ourselves and others and others sin against themselves and us.

God is your solace and your place of peace to go. If you have a hard time talking to God you can try this technique that my pastor mentioned. Just read a Bible story or a chapter of the Bible and talk to God about the verses. Do you have a question? Ask God the question. Do you agree? Tell God you agree. Did the verse give Him praise for being a perfect God? Give Him praise.

Try it and let me know if it is easier to pray that way, with God's Word rather than all of your own words and thoughts.

Be blessed and hold tight to God's promises to you. You are His Beloved Child, nothing can change that.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It happens to me too. Whenever I try to get closer to God something discouraging happens to me. Then I lose my drive to pray. Also distractions will pop up. At the end of it all you will find yourself in a lukewarm state. You should not allow that to happen to you. Just keep praying and be focused. God Bless.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

As Jesus would say, don't be afraid. God protects you. God is always with you. But how much you pray usually changes your (and others') experience of God in the world. (Sometimes it doesn't, because God is doing something different with you.) I think of it as how close I am to God—how much I am experiencing his presence—for the next day or two.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Ephesians 6:12, 1984 NIV)

This is a time that you will get past. The way to do that is to redouble your efforts to pray and be obedient. One way is to increase the amount of time you spend worshiping and praying to the Lord. The dark forces are trying to make you turn away from prayer (and God) by making it seem like bad things are the result of your prayers, but the opposite is true. They are against you because your prayers are working.

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. (2 Corinthians 10:3-4, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Prayer and God are your weapon against evil. God gives His Children what they need to stay strong. Don't associate what is going on in your immediate life with prayer, because very rarely do they go together. God answers prayer on His time and in His way. Not in our timing. God builds our faith through trials and having us wait upon Him and in the end that is what God wants is to build us all up spiritually to be like our Lord, Jesus Christ.

God see's the big picture even when we are just seeing today or what is happening now. We are being brought up for eternity, not to have a great life now in this world. Our home is with CHrist in heaven, not here. Don't get overly attached to what you have here or build here, because it will all pass away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dearestnatasha

Feb 19, 2017
Maine
✟7,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
thanks for praying for me, though I did just eat some chinese food that i couldn't have know i was alergic to, i have some good things happen around me too. my job I just had some fun projects. thanks for your prayer. it was not a bad reaction to the food, thanks again

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
thanks for praying for me, though I did just eat some chinese food that i couldn't have know i was alergic to, i have some good things happen around me too. my job I just had some fun projects. thanks for your prayer. it was not a bad reaction to the food, thanks again
Welcome to CF! Hope you enjoy your time here and meet some new friends that will edify you in your walk with Christ. :wave:

Upvote 0