Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

In what sense is worshiping meaning? Worshiping like one might worship God? IOW, does this mainly involve religion?

Take atheists, for instance. Atheists are not religious. Religion means nothing to them one way or they other. If the worshiping of the beast is meaning in a religious sense, as in the same way one might worship God, wouldn't that mean, if atheists, too, worship the beast, they are agreeing they believe in a god, just not the God of Abraham? The reason I say that, consider the following.

2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

If atheists, too, are worshiping this one meant here, they are in affect admitting that they belive in a god of some kind. That just doesn't add up to me, basing that on numerous discussions I have had with atheists over the years. One atheist that I encountered said he didn't believe in angels, devils, etc, let alone he didn't believe in God. Which then gets back to the question posed in the OP here. How does one worship the beast then? In what sense?

And another question that comes to mind, this thing about the mark. Many take that in the literal sense, and as we all know, there are countless theories as to what the mark is. For instance, assuming it's a chip implant, how does having a chip implant then cause one to worship the beast?

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How does one worship the beast then? In what sense?

You worship the beast by giving it authority over your life.

Atheists worship, its just that they usually worship their own ego.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You worship the beast by giving it authority over your life.

Atheists worship, its just that they usually worship their own ego.

What about 2 Thessalonians 2:4 then, in relation to atheists who don't even believe in any god of any kind?

2 Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
For instance, assuming it's a chip implant, how does having a chip implant then cause one to worship the beast?
That's backwards. People are willing to get the chip because they already serve the beast. Only the elect will refuse and are free (even when put to death) from the power of the beast.

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
At a primal level, to worship is to respect... To recognize as legitimate and hold in reverence... To be in awe of. It doesn't have to be 'good'... To worship does not mean to love and adore something... A slave worships his/her master for fear...

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

In what sense is worshiping meaning? Worshiping like one might worship God? IOW, does this mainly involve religion?

Take atheists, for instance. Atheists are not religious. Religion means nothing to them one way or they other. If the worshiping of the beast is meaning in a religious sense, as in the same way one might worship God, wouldn't that mean, if atheists, too, worship the beast, they are agreeing they believe in a god, just not the God of Abraham? The reason I say that, consider the following.

If atheists, too, are worshiping this one meant here, they are in affect admitting that they belive in a god of some kind. That just doesn't add up to me, basing that on numerous discussions I have had with atheists over the years. One atheist that I encountered said he didn't believe in angels, devils, etc, let alone he didn't believe in God. Which then gets back to the question posed in the OP here. How does one worship the beast then? In what sense?

And another question that comes to mind, this thing about the mark. Many take that in the literal sense, and as we all know, there are countless theories as to what the mark is. For instance, assuming it's a chip implant, how does having a chip implant then cause one to worship the beast?

Many people will outright dismiss this as a hoax, but I think it is probably true (and if it is true, Freemasons have a real motive to say it is fake)

from a leader of Freemasonry, Albert Pike, circa late 1800's

“The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the “agentur” of the “Illuminati” between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil.

Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time.”
So, the game plan described here is that atheism is promoted as a tool to make people religious. It would appear to be something akin to 'social justice warriors' vs. 'hard-working normal folk' which probably will get ramped up into a fake alien invasion.

Satan understands human nature: your average person is not really very idealistic and just wants to get along, but if you cut off their food, entertainment, shelter, retirement plan, etc, then the fangs come out quite readily. Add in an excuse to drop Christianity and replace it with hero worship/ a superhero military figure, and you've got the basis of the beast system.

The way that pop culture is going, it is probably such that there will be a fake 'alien invasion' that appears to 'vacuum cleaner' 'rapture' people into their UFO, and Lucifer defeats this 'evil alien' (that people will think is God - hence why people get disillusioned with Christianity). (it's really nothing stranger than the plot to your average summer blockbuster movie.)

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
hence why people get disillusioned with Christianity
If I understand your post correctly, it is not true Christianity that people are disillusioned by. When /if they see true Christianity and are convicted and are converted and are immersed in Jesus Name, they (and all the angels in heaven ) REJOICE EXCEEDINGLY....

.... and sadly later, after realizing how many are not true Christians they might then be disillusioned having had higher expectations for people calling themselves Christian,
if they fail to keep their hope in God by faith in Jesus and instead of trusting/hoping in other people (who often fail).

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's backwards. People are willing to get the chip because they already serve the beast.

Maybe it's backwards, maybe it isn't.

Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

It seems to me Revelation 13:15----and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed---is basically the fufilling of verse 7----And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them

Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

The text indicates he causeth all, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads. The question is, causeth all how? As in they freely want to receive this mark, or that they are forced to receive this mark, and if they refuse, verse 15 is one of their fates---and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. Not to mention, also if they refuse, they won't be able to buy and sell.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many people will outright dismiss this as a hoax, but I think it is probably true (and if it is true, Freemasons have a real motive to say it is fake)

from a leader of Freemasonry, Albert Pike, circa late 1800's

“The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the “agentur” of the “Illuminati” between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil.

Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time.”
So, the game plan described here is that atheism is promoted as a tool to make people religious. It would appear to be something akin to 'social justice warriors' vs. 'hard-working normal folk' which probably will get ramped up into a fake alien invasion.

Satan understands human nature: your average person is not really very idealistic and just wants to get along, but if you cut off their food, entertainment, shelter, retirement plan, etc, then the fangs come out quite readily. Add in an excuse to drop Christianity and replace it with hero worship/ a superhero military figure, and you've got the basis of the beast system.

The way that pop culture is going, it is probably such that there will be a fake 'alien invasion' that appears to 'vacuum cleaner' 'rapture' people into their UFO, and Lucifer defeats this 'evil alien' (that people will think is God - hence why people get disillusioned with Christianity). (it's really nothing stranger than the plot to your average summer blockbuster movie.)

Whether it might play out like that, I don't know, but I don't discount that as a possible scenario. IOW, I don't find anything you submitted here to be far-fetched.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At a primal level, to worship is to respect... To recognize as legitimate and hold in reverence... To be in awe of. It doesn't have to be 'good'... To worship does not mean to love and adore something... A slave worships his/her master for fear...

This is true, yet 2 Thessalonians 2:4 has a role to play in this. Maybe there will no longer be any such thing as an atheist when this begins seeing it's fulfillment? Keeping in mind, atheism to me means one who do not believe in any god of any kind, and that they don't knowingly worship any god of any kind.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="DavidPT, post: 72642501, member: 391302"]Maybe it's backwards, maybe it isn't.

Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

It seems to me Revelation 13:15----and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed---is basically the fufilling of verse 7----And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them

Revelation 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

The text indicates he causeth all, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads. The question is, causeth all how? As in they freely want to receive this mark, or that they are forced to receive this mark, and if they refuse, verse 15 is one of their fates---and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. Not to mention, also if they refuse, they won't be able to buy and sell.[/QUOTE
==========================================
All that you quoted from Scripture confirms exactly what I said.

If someone refuses the mark, they cannot buy or sell.

If someone (in obeisance to the beast wittingly or not) receives the mark, they can buy and sell.

Around ten years ago, it was reported that several if not many television personas were telling their audiences to go ahead and get the mark ! (remember as it is written NO ONE who RECEIVeS the mark can enter heaven)

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is true, yet 2 Thessalonians 2:4 has a role to play in this. Maybe there will no longer be any such thing as an atheist when this begins seeing it's fulfillment? Keeping in mind, atheism to me means one who do not believe in any god of any kind, and that they don't knowingly worship any god of any kind.
There is no such thing as atheism. There is NO SUCH THING AS SECULARISM. These concepts are not valid. Everyone worships. Ceremonial magic is more advanced today than it was 3000 years ago in Egypt. Every thing you do is a rite or ritual that renders worship.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Every thing you do is a rite or ritual that renders worship.
Yes, as written in Scripture : In Revelation it says that the whole world worships demons and refuses to repent of this.

The only exceptions if any at any moment are the elect who worship Yahweh the Creator.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

When I think of the beast in this context, I think of people who have forsaken the Lord's path, and have substituted a path meant to whisk them up the social ladder.

Upvote 0

Micah888

Apr 20, 2018
CALGARY
✟21,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If atheists, too, are worshiping this one meant here, they are in affect admitting that they belive in a god of some kind. That just doesn't add up to me, basing that on numerous discussions I have had with atheists over the years.
No one (including atheists) will have a choice. Face beheading or worship the beast. And this is real idolatrous worship, since an idol will be set up.

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No one (including atheists) will have a choice. Face beheading or worship the beast. And this is real idolatrous worship, since an idol will be set up.
The beasts are nations and kingdoms. That's what they were identified as in Daniel so why not in Revelation? If the Beasts are nations then the "image" of the beast [from the sea] is the "governmental system" lifted up among the nations as the most respected type of government... The nations worship the image by adopting it as their "model"...

Upvote 0

Micah888

Apr 20, 2018
CALGARY
✟21,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The beasts are nations and kingdoms.
Nations and kingdoms are depicted as beasts, but so is the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition.

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. (Rev 13:8)

If we take the plain literal meaning of this without any semantic games, this is a reference to a man. Please read the entire chapter.

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nations and kingdoms are depicted as beasts, but so is the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition.

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. (Rev 13:8)

If we take the plain literal meaning of this without any semantic games, this is a reference to a man. Please read the entire chapter.
So because the 'beast' has a gender it's a human? The Ram-beast in Daniel 8, which is identified as 'Grecia' is also called "he"...

Upvote 0