0101011101010111010010100 1000100
Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is my story, I have been no saint. I have always Held on to God. Some people Run from God when they sin. I may not be right in my mind. But even when I have sinned. God was still my father and he was right there. I took him with me my entire life through incredible darkness He was right there. I refuse to let go of God no matter what. It's the only part of life and living that never changes. My homes have changed, my relationships have changed. But God is the same now as when I first came to know him as a child.

My problem isn't faith. God is there. For me its as much a fact as the air I breathe.
I am not faultless, I have many innumerable sins, Even though I have sinned. And will sin again. I know that there is no darkness I can hide the truth in. So why should I ever let Go of God? There is no rule that says because I messed up or sinned or even made a wilful mistake that I have to let go and run from God. There may be something wrong with my brain. And I know some people their shame would make this want to hide from God. Well, I think God can see my shame. I most certainly can't hide it from him. So why run away? I just don't let go.

My deal is, There are these parts of my life, That I've sinned. But I still feel a lot of guilt for.
I left my first wife for another woman about 14 years ago. at the time, I had fallen for another woman, And, So, I literally just met her at the door of our home one day. and told her I was leaving to be with this other woman, And I wasn't coming back.

well, Time can teach us lessons. As you can imagine. A woman that doesn't really care to break up a marriage to get with some man. Well, that stuff probably doesn't have Gods blessing. I loved that woman, She was everything I thought I wanted. But she didn't love me, She was some sort of type of person, I just can't figure out. But she was cold, She would cheat. And I stayed with her through a lot of that. I felt like I deserved it for hurting my first wife. She was devastated when I left her. Now. At this point. This is 14 years later.

I have left that new woman. for years and years now. I have remarried to another woman. A woman, I feel God lead me to when I had healed enough. Me and the woman I met when I was at the lowest point of my life. when I had lost everything. He name is Samantha.

Now, It has been 14 years and counting. I devastated my first wife when I left her and she was hurt by this. I was with a woman who was abusive and treated me poorly because she enjoyed seeing me in pain. (That is not a joke) I stayed with that woman because I thought I deserved it. All these years later, After all the suffering. And healing. I think about my first wife. Sure I've prayed for forgiveness. But I still feel this guilt for what I did to her. And I ask people, They say Pray to God, I have. And I know that I am forgiven. But see the price of sin isn't just all spiritual. You will always remember what you did. I may have been forgiven. But I still carry the memory of that sin. The memory of the pain I caused. And the pain I felt. I still feel guilty for the mistakes I've made. And People tell me, They say if I'm forgiven then the guilt should just magically not be there. Well, I feel like if that guilt wasn't there, then how can I learn from my mistakes? Not only is that guilt there. It's a reminder of the price of sin. It's still there. I still feel guilty. And I don't think omission of this guilt is really part of the deal with forgivness. yes. We are forgoven. But are we supposed to forget the lessons we learned?

Sorry this was kind of long. Forgive me, I rarely speak out. But when I do, it's usually about this much.

• Useful
Reactions: Not me

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Here is my story, I have been no saint. I have always Held on to God. Some people Run from God when they sin. I may not be right in my mind. But even when I have sinned. God was still my father and he was right there. I took him with me my entire life through incredible darkness He was right there. I refuse to let go of God no matter what. It's the only part of life and living that never changes. My homes have changed, my relationships have changed. But God is the same now as when I first came to know him as a child.

My problem isn't faith. God is there. For me its as much a fact as the air I breathe.
I am not faultless, I have many innumerable sins, Even though I have sinned. And will sin again. I know that there is no darkness I can hide the truth in. So why should I ever let Go of God? There is no rule that says because I messed up or sinned or even made a wilful mistake that I have to let go and run from God. There may be something wrong with my brain. And I know some people their shame would make this want to hide from God. Well, I think God can see my shame. I most certainly can't hide it from him. So why run away? I just don't let go.

My deal is, There are these parts of my life, That I've sinned. But I still feel a lot of guilt for.
I left my first wife for another woman about 14 years ago. at the time, I had fallen for another woman, And, So, I literally just met her at the door of our home one day. and told her I was leaving to be with this other woman, And I wasn't coming back.

well, Time can teach us lessons. As you can imagine. A woman that doesn't really care to break up a marriage to get with some man. Well, that stuff probably doesn't have Gods blessing. I loved that woman, She was everything I thought I wanted. But she didn't love me, She was some sort of type of person, I just can't figure out. But she was cold, She would cheat. And I stayed with her through a lot of that. I felt like I deserved it for hurting my first wife. She was devastated when I left her. Now. At this point. This is 14 years later.

I have left that new woman. for years and years now. I have remarried to another woman. A woman, I feel God lead me to when I had healed enough. Me and the woman I met when I was at the lowest point of my life. when I had lost everything. He name is Samantha.

Now, It has been 14 years and counting. I devastated my first wife when I left her and she was hurt by this. I was with a woman who was abusive and treated me poorly because she enjoyed seeing me in pain. (That is not a joke) I stayed with that woman because I thought I deserved it. All these years later, After all the suffering. And healing. I think about my first wife. Sure I've prayed for forgiveness. But I still feel this guilt for what I did to her. And I ask people, They say Pray to God, I have. And I know that I am forgiven. But see the price of sin isn't just all spiritual. You will always remember what you did. I may have been forgiven. But I still carry the memory of that sin. The memory of the pain I caused. And the pain I felt. I still feel guilty for the mistakes I've made. And People tell me, They say if I'm forgiven then the guilt should just magically not be there. Well, I feel like if that guilt wasn't there, then how can I learn from my mistakes? Not only is that guilt there. It's a reminder of the price of sin. It's still there. I still feel guilty. And I don't think omission of this guilt is really part of the deal with forgivness. yes. We are forgoven. But are we supposed to forget the lessons we learned?

Sorry this was kind of long. Forgive me, I rarely speak out. But when I do, it's usually about this much.
My own experience with guilt was that the Lord led me to repent of sins I was committing. Not too long after that, the guilt vanished.

• Useful
Reactions: Shadowprophet
Upvote 0

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My own experience with guilt was that the Lord led me to repent of sins I was committing. Not too long after that, the guilt vanished.
My thing is, I made those mistakes. I know God has forgiven me. But when I think about the person I was when I made those mistakes. I don't like the person I was. Actually. I hate the person I was then. And I hate that I made the decisions I made back then. I don't have the answers. But I do still feel guilty for how I just abruptly one day after her work let her know it was over. Yes, It hurt her. I feel bad that I ever did that to someone. If the guilt is supposed to go away when I'm forgiven. Then maybe something is wrong? Maybe I'm still not forgiven?

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My thing is, I made those mistakes. I know God has forgiven me. But when I think about the person I was when I made those mistakes. I don't like the person I was. Actually. I hate the person I was then. And I hate that I made the decisions I made back then. I don't have the answers. But I do still feel guilty for how I just abruptly one day after her work let her know it was over. Yes, It hurt her. I feel bad that I ever did that to someone. If the guilt is supposed to go away when I'm forgiven. Then maybe something is wrong? Maybe I'm still not forgiven?

Before I subject this, make sure you pray about it first. Have you thought about asking for her forgiveness? I wouldn’t though until you know you’ve got a green light from God about it, it could make things worse.

I can only speak from my life. The guilt of my passed sins do rear their ugly head now and than. But the scripture says “forgetting those things that lie behind and pressing forward to the high calling of God in Christ Jesus” I cling to scriptures such as this one and just forget about myself and look to Christ.

In Christ, Not me.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, could you go back and fix your mistake or apologize?

Upvote 0

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before I subject this, make sure you pray about it first. Have you thought about asking for her forgiveness? I wouldn’t though until you know you’ve got a green light from God about it, it could make things worse.

I can only speak from my life. The guilt of my passed sins do rear their ugly head now and than. But the scripture says “forgetting those things that lie behind and pressing forward to the high calling of God in Christ Jesus” I cling to scriptures such as this one and just forget about myself and look to Christ.

In Christ, Not me.
I tried to maintain a friendship with her. There was communication. And I apologized to her. It's hard to explain. When she met her new husband. She remarried as well. She ceased communications with me, Which I think is fair on her part. So contacting her. Really isn't an option. Out of respect you see.

Upvote 0

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, could you go back and fix your mistake or apologize?
That's the thing, The situation I am in is delicate. I am remarried. My current wife would not even want me thinking about my past like that. I would not have my current wife's blessing on any of this. I am just supposed to forget. And with her being remarried also, She doesn't really want contact. Approaching her even for apologetic reasons would be awkward. And really cause us both a lot of problems. It's not recommended.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I tried to maintain a friendship with her. There was communication. And I apologized to her. It's hard to explain. When she met her new husband. She remarried as well. She ceased communications with me, Which I think is fair on her part. So contacting her. Really isn't an option. Out of respect you see.

Understand and agree, now it just between you and God. I would subject you “reckon yourself dead to you thoughts” keep your eyes on Christ and just trust His love for you to work things out in your heart and mind. Scripture says “we all die daily” and dying to self is is painful. But it’s a necessary part of growing in Christ.

Love and prayers my brother in Christ. Not me

• Agree
Upvote 0

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Understand and agree, now it just between you and God. I would subject you “reckon yourself dead to you thoughts” keep your eyes on Christ and just trust His love for you to work things out in your heart and mind. Scripture says “we all die daily” and dying to self is is painful. But it’s a necessary part of growing in Christ.

Love and prayers my brother in Christ. Not me
Thank you, And I agree. I will try to let go of what I once did. I think with every one of us. every action we take tells part of a story. Sometimes. we look back at an event and wish we could rewrite it, fix it or change it. The past is called the past because it is gone. We can only live for today and tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, And I agree. I will try to let go of what I once did. I think with every one of us. every action we take tells part of a story. Sometimes. we look back at an event and wish we would rewrite it, fix it or change it. The past is called the past because it is gone. We can only live for today and tomorrow.

So true, but remember those things you done/had to go through. Make you the person you are. God uses all things to the betterment of His children. So just forgive/learn/listen/grow. We can do this simply by getting our eyes off ourselves, and onto Christ. But it sounds like you know these things already just need some encouragement. (which we all do from time to time)

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So true, but remember those things you done/had to go through. Make you the person you are. God uses all things to the betterment of His children. So just forgive/learn/listen/grow. We can do this simply by getting our eyes off ourselves, and onto Christ. But it sounds like you know these things already just need some encouragement. (which we all do from time to time)

Much love in Christ, Not me
If I had to say what I thought was the most valuable thing that came from the whole thing, It would be growth. I didn't even know back then the lessons I've come to understand. And It humbles me too, There has to be so much more I still don't know.

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I had to say what I thought was the most valuable thing that came from the whole thing, It would be growth. I didn't even know back then the lessons I've come to understand. And It humbles me too, There has to be so much more I still don't know.

Yes but fact you know that puts you in position to receive the greatest benefit. Feed that personal relationship you have with Christ and all theses things will be water under the bridge. Knowing that we are all sinners and we all need Christ. So grow in Him and you will get your “well done thou good and faithful servant” and isn’t that what we all want?

in Christ, Not me

• Agree
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If there is still guilt, if that is why there is conviction in the conscience,
then that would also explain feeling guilty.
God's Word penetrates to the very depths of the heart and soul, like a two edged sword separated even between bone and marrow (extremely sharp),
and anything even sub-conscience, or known but not admitted, is known by God perfectly, and He will continue working towards the full building up of Christ's character in the innermost being, from the inside out.

Likely, yes, there is still 'guilt' that YHVH knows clearly, even if people don't, and only HIS WORD can reveal this. (to anyone who is willing might be the most important factor in a person, as God's Grace was apparently withheld from "the children of Jerusalem" when Jesus lamented "I would have ...... but you would not" in the Gospel ....)

• Agree
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You were mentioning that you were holding onto God and that you were taking Him with you.
But if we think about all the messes we create in our lives. All the times we've behaved as if God is not there, should we not think that it was God holding onto us? He was teaching us? And teaching us by leading us. I don't mean leading us into sin, but leading us into those circumstances which teach us just how lost and sinful we are, and teaching us just how much we need Him to hold onto us. Check out this hymn:
I sought the Lord, and afterward I knew
He moved my soul to seek Him, seeking me.
It was not I that found, O Savior true;
No, I was found of Thee.

Thou didst reach forth Thy hand and mine enfold;
I walked and sank not on the storm vexed sea.
’Twas not so much that I on Thee took hold,
As Thou, dear Lord, on me.

I find, I walk, I love, but oh, the whole
Of love is but my answer, Lord, to Thee!
For Thou were long beforehand with my soul,
Always Thou lovest me.

This is one important way that we deal with guilt. We recognize our sin and guilt in the light of God's purpose to use it to help us grow in repentance and knowledge of who He is. And we pray that God would not allow our sin to keep others from living for Him, but that He would use our repentance to help others grow.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-22

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The guilt is not from God. You asked for forgiveness and you have been forgiven. When you have feelings of guilt call on the name of Jesus to cast out the evil ones influence on you of guilt that is where it is coming from.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shadowprophet

Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You were mentioning that you were holding onto God and that you were taking Him with you.
But if we think about all the messes we create in our lives. All the times we've behaved as if God is not there, should we not think that it was God holding onto us? He was teaching us? And teaching us by leading us. I don't mean leading us into sin, but leading us into those circumstances which teach us just how lost and sinful we are, and teaching us just how much we need Him to hold onto us. Check out this hymn:
I sought the Lord, and afterward I knew
He moved my soul to seek Him, seeking me.
It was not I that found, O Savior true;
No, I was found of Thee.

Thou didst reach forth Thy hand and mine enfold;
I walked and sank not on the storm vexed sea.
’Twas not so much that I on Thee took hold,
As Thou, dear Lord, on me.

I find, I walk, I love, but oh, the whole
Of love is but my answer, Lord, to Thee!
For Thou were long beforehand with my soul,
Always Thou lovest me.

This is one important way that we deal with guilt. We recognize our sin and guilt in the light of God's purpose to use it to help us grow in repentance and knowledge of who He is. And we pray that God would not allow our sin to keep others from living for Him, but that He would use our repentance to help others grow.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-22
I was reading over the thread again, And I saw this one, Yes. I can't really explain it. Ever since I was a small child. I have always believed in and worshiped God, He has been there as far back as I can remember, I would say That I have a close relationship with God to spite all my shortcomings, I've been blessed. It wasn't until this stage in my life. I realized that. And I realized some people aren't so blessed. That's why it's important to treat other people as kindly as possible Because you never know what kind of issues or things in life have led them to this day.

I may not always hold perfect to my words. we all fall short sometimes, But I have reached a point of growth that I realize. the most important thing we can do the most important lesson to learn is to love others.

Upvote 0