• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

How does it fit together?

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by MooTipping, Oct 26, 2004.

1. MooTipping

MooTipping Member

+7
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    I'm not sure if I have the story correct, but how does this all fit together?:

So God created the Earth and all...and he made Adam and Eve. So there's 2 people. They have kids, Cane and Abel, and Abel died. So, how is it possible the Cane went to get a wife? There's no one else on Earth? Where did she come from?! Appear from no where?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Crispie

Crispie Conservative Christian

+55
    Non-Denom
    Adam and Eve had daughters, and from there there children married and had children. It wasnt considered Incest nor was it against the law of God back then because for one reason our genetics werent messed up back then. Thats one of the main reasons why God made incest a sin later on, he was looking out for our health.

3. gusto5

gusto5 a.g.e.n.t.:.g.u.s.t.o.5

+11
    Christian
    Single
    Yes. the reason able and caIn are brought out because of what happened. Adam and Eve had other kiddies :)

4. MooTipping

MooTipping Member

+7
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Oh, they did? I didn't know that. But didn't the Earth get washed away from the big flood and Noah had to re populate the earth again?

5. Bushido216

Bushido216 Well-Known Member

+186
    Catholic
    Engaged
    US-Democrat
    *Cough*Genesis isn't literal.*/Cough*.

6. MooTipping

MooTipping Member

+7
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    of course it's not litteral

7. Allister

Allister Veteran

+54
    Atheist
    Private
    Sorry to disapoint you but creationism is not true. there is no scientific evidence to support it. Human beings evolved from other species and we were not put here by God. Incest is harmful to life and it would have been equally harmful whenever Adam and Eve were supposed to have existed....can anyone tell me that by the way....when did Adam and Eve existed?

8. aeonian_mist

aeonian_mist New Member

+2
    Atheist
    Incest wouldn't have been a problem for Adam and Eve's kids if neither Adam or Eve carried any detrimental recessive alleles.

9. Philosoft

Philosoft Orthogonal, Tangential, Tenuously Related

+170
    Atheist
    Daughters, at least one of which they sent to Nod, presumably for the sole purpose of providing Cain with a wife?

And we know all this from where in the Bible?

10. Philosoft

Philosoft Orthogonal, Tangential, Tenuously Related

+170
    Atheist
    Or harmful dominant alleles for that matter.

11. michabo

michabo reason, evidence

+468
    Atheist
    But it is occasionally littoral.

12. Ondoher

Ondoher Veteran

+45
    Atheist
    Between adam and eve there could be at most four alleles of every gene. Where did the current diversity of genetics come from? How could fewer alleles lead to less of an inbreeding problem?

13. rmwilliamsll

rmwilliamsll avid reader

+317
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Green
    but the flood is littoral LOL.....
    [reps to michabo for this]

all word plays aside.
    btw the answer to the OP is preAdamites. those humans living outside of the garden who were not in the Hebraic line that Adam founded.

14. Blackmarch

Blackmarch Legend

+287
    Mormon
    Single
    Um I think the bible mentions that they had children, but only mentions 2 specifically... I tend to think they had lots of children (I mean adam lived like 800 years after the garden of eden, and only 2 children?).

15. Nathan David

Nathan David Well-Known Member

+37
    Atheist
    Where does it say this in the Bible? How did Cain's sister become one of the people from "the land of Nod"? It sounds to me like you're adding your own story into the Bible.

16. MooTipping

MooTipping Member

+7
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    :amen: to that!!!!!!!!!!

17. Raydar

Raydar Child of Christ

+1
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others

18. Nathan David

Nathan David Well-Known Member

+37
    Atheist
    But it says nothing about any of the daughters moving to Nod before Cain was cast out, nor does it mention Cain marrying a sister.

19. Raydar

Raydar Child of Christ

+1
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    It also does not mention the number of sons and daughters Adam and Eve had, all their names, where Nod was other then "east of Eden" I will admitt there are assumptions left to the reader.

20. rmwilliamsll

rmwilliamsll avid reader

+317
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Green
    I find it interesting that the traditional answer is that he married a sister and yet that was not against the incest laws. People go and say that since the incest laws aren't given until Moses then it was not wrong, nor immoral for him to marry his sisters. Likewise all offspring of Adam and Eve must have engaged in incest....

By that token, not to murder is not given until Moses either, but God punished Cain for it, despite no textual evidence that he was warned not to kill his brother. all you can assume is that mankind knows the law to some extent, despite its not being written down.

But the argument that the law hadn't been given yet is specious since from Rom 1 the gist is that the law of God is written on the hearts of men, since Adam. therefore his children must have known it was wrong to marry their sisters. Since the objection, 'where did their wives come from?' must have been an early objection to the Genesis account, and since there is no word about how to solve the problem in the text. ie, everyone reading it would recognize the problem, no mention of the problem is there or in subsequent commentaries, that i believe this is good evidence that they in fact married other people not in the holy/separate/godly line. this ties in with the traditional interpretation of Gen 6:1-6 as well.