How does God send us confirmations?

Oct 27, 2014
✟10,177.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I ask questions and get things pointed out to me...dreams, Scriptures, and if I need to, I fast, sleep, meds and food until I hear what it is I am supposed to notice.

How do things get pointed to you through scripture? Can you please give me an example?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you pray following all the instructions of Christ, which few seem to know, I found that prayer after prayer is answered, some of them dramatic. After 20 or more, even a show-me person like me had to see it as clear confirmation finally. And I'm very good at finding other explanations, when possible. It's exactly like I bought 25 lottery tickets and each and every one paid, some $100, some $5, some $1000, and a few more like $100,000, impossible stuff.

It actually made me concerned at times. Just my personality. Too much. What does it mean? What if I pray someday for a wrong thing? Human fears. But...I do fear God. I do. Finally I got it recently, it's like the feeding the 5,000 -- it's a truly unlimited supply. Praise the Lord Almighty, maker of heaven and Earth!

Upvote 0

Questore

MJ
Site Supporter
Nov 11, 2013
So Cal Mountains
Visit site
✟42,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How do things get pointed to you through scripture? Can you please give me an example?

Well, it's pretty much like the information I get in dreams. I tell Abba what I am concerned about, what I want to do or ask him what I am doing what he does not want me to do, or ask him what does he want me to do different.

I receive visions and waking dreams (night visions) - not prophetic...but always explanatory or as teaching, or even direction. So dreams are a very easy way for Abba to tell me something and explain things. I need to get some puppies...I live out in the country, and my medium sized dog needs backup, and companions to play with, as I am disabled, and I have always loved having Dobermans, but they are expensive to get, however lovable and sweet, and I didn't know what would be best about even getting dogs, or not. I asked G-d about it and asked him to tell me what I should do.

The dream that night was in the form of a story, and very specific. It showed me plainly what would be the results of that particular kind of dog in my situation, and all the problems that could ensue...in great detail that had never happened with my previous Dobies when I was younger and more able to control and teach them properly. I was shown not what to do, but what my desire would lead to. The question of getting dogs was not the point...it was G-d's opinion of my desire, and then and instantaneous certainty of what kind of dog to get instead. G-d let me know what would be the effects of my desire but leaves the decision to me, as I am the one responsible.

When going to the Scriptures for help, I am not in favor of praying, and then opening the Bible at random...it's too much liked divining, where you ask the spirits in the world to show you something in a deck of Tarot cards!

Instead, I focus on what I want information on, or am asking an answer for...the topic, or the action, and begin with a word search through the Scriptures. Then I read the surrounding text as I am reading each reference on the word search. The Ruach haKodesh makes the answer jump out at me from the pages, and I can tell with a solid sense of certainty what I am to do, or what the answer is to my question.

For instance, when I had conflicting things to do with some cash I had, painting the house versus building a chicken coop, and an enclosed chicken run, I did not look for chickens or painting, but food and shelter...at the underlying need I was trying to fulfil.

And after searching the subjects, and reading the relevant scriptures, it came down to a matter of stewardship. The house was already there and needed care now to prevent damage, and that is my job. The chickens were about the provision of food, and G-d is in charge of that. It doesn't mean I won't get chickens, just that the house has to be in shape, and the puppies raised to obedience before I lay a finger on wood for a coop and fencing for a protected run.

I would have done it in the wrong order and gotten the wrong type of dogs if I hadn't asked. It seems simple enough, but you have to ask specific questions, and then listen for the answers.

You ask in faith believing, and you trust in full expectation that G-d will answer, and then to provide the right opportunities to take advantage of.

I do not always remember to ask, but Abba is very good about telling me what to do anyway. It is the listening that matters.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I talk to God about anything and everything. I don't pray set prayers nor do I have a set quiet time, but I don't usually go more than about 15 minutes without praying. For me, prayer is walking along with my hands in my pockets, chatting with God. I was religious for two years after I accepted Christ as my Saviour, but no one had been able to introduce me to God Himself. So I went to a lonely place and introduced myself. I was then lit up inside and I heard God speaking inside my mind. It was a mental voice I had never heard before.

I asked Him all the questions I could, and He gave me the answers. I discussed Scripture with Him and He flowed thoughts into my mind while I was actually talking to Him. I was speaking back to Him answers that He was giving me! That was 50 years ago, and I have never lost the sense of His presence with me.

He has also given me, through many years of experience, with trial and error, a discernment between what is good or me and what is not. I thought at first it was my better judgment, and when I didn't follow it, I struck out in some way, but when I did follow it, things turned out okay. As I have got older and more experienced, that voice is not so loud in my mind. Now it is just a quiet thought or a sense of "this is right" or "be careful about that" or "don't go down that track".

I asked the Lord once how I can hear His voice on a regular basis. He said that when He heard my voice a lot in fellowship with Him, I would have no trouble recognising His voice when He spoke back to me.

I had friends who talked a lot about dreams, visions, and other manifestations, but when I asked God about these things, He said, "You don't need them, because you have direct fellowship with me. I have to give dreams and visions to people who don't listen to My voice when I speak to them, so I have to use more dramatic means. You are open to My voice, so you don't have to go seeking for them." That was good enough for me.

I believe that if people go seeking for dreams, visions and sensory manifestations to hear from God, the devil is always there to accommodate.

Upvote 0

Questore

MJ
Site Supporter
Nov 11, 2013
So Cal Mountains
Visit site
✟42,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I talk to God about anything and everything. I don't pray set prayers nor do I have a set quiet time, but I don't usually go more than about 15 minutes without praying. For me, prayer is walking along with my hands in my pockets, chatting with God. I was religious for two years after I accepted Christ as my Saviour, but no one had been able to introduce me to God Himself. So I went to a lonely place and introduced myself. I was then lit up inside and I heard God speaking inside my mind. It was a mental voice I had never heard before.

I asked Him all the questions I could, and He gave me the answers. I discussed Scripture with Him and He flowed thoughts into my mind while I was actually talking to Him. I was speaking back to Him answers that He was giving me! That was 50 years ago, and I have never lost the sense of His presence with me.

He has also given me, through many years of experience, with trial and error, a discernment between what is good or me and what is not. I thought at first it was my better judgment, and when I didn't follow it, I struck out in some way, but when I did follow it, things turned out okay. As I have got older and more experienced, that voice is not so loud in my mind. Now it is just a quiet thought or a sense of "this is right" or "be careful about that" or "don't go down that track".

I asked the Lord once how I can hear His voice on a regular basis. He said that when He heard my voice a lot in fellowship with Him, I would have no trouble recognising His voice when He spoke back to me.

I had friends who talked a lot about dreams, visions, and other manifestations, but when I asked God about these things, He said, "You don't need them, because you have direct fellowship with me. I have to give dreams and visions to people who don't listen to My voice when I speak to them, so I have to use more dramatic means. You are open to My voice, so you don't have to go seeking for them." That was good enough for me.

I believe that if people go seeking for dreams, visions and sensory manifestations to hear from God, the devil is always there to accommodate.

Oh, I agree...unless it matches with what is in the Scriptures, you cannot learn to tell what is from G-d from what is given of the Adversary. Abba talks to all of us in the way that best suits each person, but the question was about getting confirmation, not having a constant conversation with G-d. That's how to simply be with Abba and fellowship, but takes practice, and constant readiness and attention to what G-d wants...and most people don't try that. I get the most fun reading books out loud to G-d and discussing them because he's a terrific conversationalist, but I have a lot of alone time...and other people do not.

As for trying for dreams and visions, you don't get them from
G-d by trying...all you can do is open yourself to the communication, and be willing to sort out just what is what...from G-d or not. That too takes time, fasting and prayer in the beginning, and a lot of attention to detail, but since I do not want prophetic information, but merely really good instruction and explanations, Abba shows things to me visually as well as in the spirit.

But I never asked for them at all...they began the second I was baptised at 15. 47 years later, I just enjoy the experience. I do wonder why I have any of this, but I think mostly for my own use, and to explain to people that dreams and visions are not to be feared, but enjoyed thoroughly, but carefully. We are in the times of Joel 3, and the dreams and visions are getting more prevalent. You need not receive them, or wish for them, but if G-d wishes to work that way, he will.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I agree...unless it matches with what is in the Scriptures, you cannot learn to tell what is from G-d from what is given of the Adversary. Abba talks to all of us in the way that best suits each person, but the question was about getting confirmation, not having a constant conversation with G-d. That's how to simply be with Abba and fellowship, but takes practice, and constant readiness and attention to what G-d wants...and most people don't try that. I get the most fun reading books out loud to G-d and discussing them because he's a terrific conversationalist, but I have a lot of alone time...and other people do not.

As for trying for dreams and visions, you don't get them from
G-d by trying...all you can do is open yourself to the communication, and be willing to sort out just what is what...from G-d or not. That too takes time, fasting and prayer in the beginning, and a lot of attention to detail, but since I do not want prophetic information, but merely really good instruction and explanations, Abba shows things to me visually as well as in the spirit.

But I never asked for them at all...they began the second I was baptised at 15. 47 years later, I just enjoy the experience. I do wonder why I have any of this, but I think mostly for my own use, and to explain to people that dreams and visions are not to be feared, but enjoyed thoroughly, but carefully. We are in the times of Joel 3, and the dreams and visions are getting more prevalent. You need not receive them, or wish for them, but if G-d wishes to work that way, he will.
We have to be entirely familiar with the Word of God to be able to test what is being said to us. that is a given. The more of the Word that is burned into our brains, the more able we are to tell the difference between God's voice and that of the world, flesh, and the devil. I can say that every time God has spoken to me, I knew that it was consistent with His Word, and therefore I knew I could trust it.

There have been times when I have had a very negative "vibe" about something, and I have asked the Lord and He has shown me the wrongness of it. So God's voice can be perceived as part of our "better judgment" about something. This is consistent with the Scripture, "Through experience and use, we have developed the ability to discern between good and evil (my paraphrase from memory). During normal living, the voice of God can be very quiet and often we put it down to our sense of rightness or wrongness about a decision we are facing. But when God wants a definite change of direction, He might turn up the volume a little when He speaks to us.

I have had just two visions in my life: As a nine year old when I was living in a house which was convinced was haunted, and when the light went out at bedtime, I used to see these horrible monsters which scared me silly. I couldn't sleep unless my door was open and the hall light was on. Then one night I saw this figure in brilliant white, and I never saw those monsters again. Then as a 21 year old, 2 years after receiving Christ, I was in a meeting and called out for prayer. As the preacher laid hands on me, I saw that same figure in white standing before me. He was there for just a split second, and the next thing I knew I was on my face on the floor weeping my eyes out. That vision changed my life and through it I experienced a new presence of God in my life.

People say they get visions all the time, yet there is no change in them. I doubt those, because a vision from God is a life-changing event. A lot of so-called visions are nothing more than mental pictures of what the person wants to see. I day-dream a lot and I see things like video pictures in my mind, but that is only because I have a vivid imagination, not a vision from God.

I have some crazy dreams at times, and it has been like I was really there. I learned that in the middle of a nightmare, where I have felt trapped and claustrophobic, to resist the devil and this has brought relief. I remember one night I dreamed that I woke up, went to the door of my bedroom and saw a dark entity coming up the stair. I rebuked the devil in a loud voice, and then woke up hearing me groaning. It was so real that I actually thought I had woken up, and when I did wake up I realised that I was dreaming. Another time I was dreaming that I was on some kind a vehicle heading toward a cliff and I knew that I was going to die. I remember right at the point of going over, I cried out: "Lord, here I come!" Then I woke up. Since then I have had no fear of death.

I guess that I have had dreams that have come from the Lord, but the characteristic of them is that they are so clear that they don't need interpreting. If the content of a dream is so obscure that it needs interpretation, then I would doubt it and put it down to my confused mind. When we look at Scripture we see that the dreams that folks received were clear and straightforward and the message in them needed no interpretation. Interpretation of dreams by another person is bordering on the occult for me and I avoid those like the plague.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have to be entirely familiar with the Word of God to be able to test what is being said to us. that is a given. The more of the Word that is burned into our brains, the more able we are to tell the difference between God's voice and that of the world, flesh, and the devil. I can say that every time God has spoken to me, I knew that it was consistent with His Word, and therefore I knew I could trust it.

There have been times when I have had a very negative "vibe" about something, and I have asked the Lord and He has shown me the wrongness of it. So God's voice can be perceived as part of our "better judgment" about something. This is consistent with the Scripture, "Through experience and use, we have developed the ability to discern between good and evil (my paraphrase from memory). During normal living, the voice of God can be very quiet and often we put it down to our sense of rightness or wrongness about a decision we are facing. But when God wants a definite change of direction, He might turn up the volume a little when He speaks to us.

I have had just two visions in my life: As a nine year old when I was living in a house which was convinced was haunted, and when the light went out at bedtime, I used to see these horrible monsters which scared me silly. I couldn't sleep unless my door was open and the hall light was on. Then one night I saw this figure in brilliant white, and I never saw those monsters again. Then as a 21 year old, 2 years after receiving Christ, I was in a meeting and called out for prayer. As the preacher laid hands on me, I saw that same figure in white standing before me. He was there for just a split second, and the next thing I knew I was on my face on the floor weeping my eyes out. That vision changed my life and through it I experienced a new presence of God in my life.

People say they get visions all the time, yet there is no change in them. I doubt those, because a vision from God is a life-changing event. A lot of so-called visions are nothing more than mental pictures of what the person wants to see. I day-dream a lot and I see things like video pictures in my mind, but that is only because I have a vivid imagination, not a vision from God.

I have some crazy dreams at times, and it has been like I was really there. I learned that in the middle of a nightmare, where I have felt trapped and claustrophobic, to resist the devil and this has brought relief. I remember one night I dreamed that I woke up, went to the door of my bedroom and saw a dark entity coming up the stair. I rebuked the devil in a loud voice, and then woke up hearing me groaning. It was so real that I actually thought I had woken up, and when I did wake up I realised that I was dreaming. Another time I was dreaming that I was on some kind a vehicle heading toward a cliff and I knew that I was going to die. I remember right at the point of going over, I cried out: "Lord, here I come!" Then I woke up. Since then I have had no fear of death.

I guess that I have had dreams that have come from the Lord, but the characteristic of them is that they are so clear that they don't need interpreting. If the content of a dream is so obscure that it needs interpretation, then I would doubt it and put it down to my confused mind. When we look at Scripture we see that the dreams that folks received were clear and straightforward and the message in them needed no interpretation. Interpretation of dreams by another person is bordering on the occult for me and I avoid those like the plague.

Well, you may edit some, because of how the pharaoh's dream needed interpretation from Joseph, and also how Peter needed help interpreting his vision in the new testament, and also Joseph interpreted more than only pharaoh's dream, and I'm wondering if there are even more examples. If one dream is clear to the receiver, another may not be. At the least, we cannot make the statement that a dream has to be understood by the receiver in order to be from God, but rather the different statement that it's interpretation must be from God ultimately.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frank Jennings

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains, Arkansas
✟27,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God can confirm something to you anyway He sees fit. He is not limited by our imagination. One comes to mind. We were considering making a loan at the bank and so prayed together about it. I prayed that if it was a good idea to make a bank loan that they would tell me that the loan had been approved in a remarkably quick time. After time passed the bank called and said that the loan was taking a remarkably long time for approval.

They used the actual keyword that I'd prayed and so I knew that the Lord was saying it was not a good idea at the time.

He will answer us in the Biblical way by giving us

1. An answer of peace as in Genesis chapter 41.
2. Accompanied by an answer of joy as in
Ecclesiastes 5:20 KJVS
For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answereth him in the joy of his heart.

These are the components of the kingdom of God. Righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In countless ways.

However, God often gives confirmations with multiple possibilities, so they are like locks. You may know the truth, having the key given to you for each tumbler of the lock. But, if God so desires, you realize, God could shut that door again. A confirmation is one of many forms of doors open.

Upvote 0

joshcorn

Oct 27, 2017
Dartmouth Nova Scotia
✟14,533.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
About what.
Example of one in my walk.The Lord show me a new direction I was to take.
Thats a big step in one's walk.The lord Knows this so it is a advance notice and a oppertunity for you use God's word.This is what I usually said.
In your you word it sayes. In the mouth of two or three let my word be established.
Sure enouch within days three strangers would till me what God said.When I took that new direction I would jump up one more level in my spiritual walk.
God can do it in my ways.There is a point in your walk where you know His voice.
"my sheep know my voice"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

christs-love

Sep 22, 2011
GREAT BRITAIN
✟11,280.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God can confirm something to you anyway He sees fit. He is not limited by our imagination. One comes to mind. We were considering making a loan at the bank and so prayed together about it. I prayed that if it was a good idea to make a bank loan that they would tell me that the loan had been approved in a remarkably quick time. After time passed the bank called and said that the loan was taking a remarkably long time for approval.

They used the actual keyword that I'd prayed and so I knew that the Lord was saying it was not a good idea at the time.

He will answer us in the Biblical way by giving us

1. An answer of peace as in Genesis chapter 41.
2. Accompanied by an answer of joy as in
Ecclesiastes 5:20 KJVS
For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answereth him in the joy of his heart.

These are the components of the kingdom of God. Righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.

[/QUOTE] God can confirm something to you anyway He sees fit.
Why would God show me this? I’m a nobody, I was In prayer, and in the far distant in the darkness I seen a sun in the position of a sunrise I seen it 3 separate times, each time I seen the sun I moved closer to it, and the sun moved closer to me, and as I am starring at it I felt glorious joy and happiness, and there with God I did not need anything to eat or drink, the only thing that matters is the relationship I have with him nothing else, and this world and everything it has to offer is absolutely nothing compare to what he has in store for us, and I realized I love Jesus more than anybody on earth.

Straight after this encounter, I could recognize sin whereby before I was blind and deaf to it?

King James BibleHebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Upvote 0