How does everyone handle antiChristian shows/thoughts circulating?

InnocentStar

Mar 5, 2017
NY
✟15,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey everyone! About an hour ago, my brother turned to the (antiChristian) Smithsonian channel. Anyway, this new show came on that was about a new theory that "scientists" have developed; these "scientists" believe that there is a "natural" explanation for the Biblical plagues. They asserted that some volcano erupted and caused a chain of events. Even though, I heard a bunch of "may have", "possibly, "might"...the narrator continued on as if it were fact. Also, the theory isn't new at all, a quick google search pulled up a 2002 article about this theory.

So, when I heard this antiChristian show, I felt extremely angry. I would like to know, how everyone handles such lies(like these and any others) pushed out in the media about our Father's word?

Last edited:

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey everyone! About an hour ago, my brother turned to the (antiChristian) Smithsonian channel. Anyway, this new show came on that was about a new theory that "scientists" have developed; these "scientists" believe that there is a "natural" explanation for the Biblical plagues. They asserted that some volcano erupted and caused a chain of events. Even though, I heard a bunch of "may have", "possibly, "might"...the narrator continued on as if it were fact. Also, the theory isn't new at all, a quick google search pulled up a 2002 article about this theory.

So, when I heard this antiChristian show, I felt extremely angry. I would like to know, how everyone handles such lies pushed out in the media about our Father's word?
Tune them out or just ignore what you saw or heard :).

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, that is always the best thing for tv nonsense! Unfortunately, I wasn't in charge of the tv, I happened to hear what was being said though. :(

if you weren't in charge of the remote then choose to be in charge of yourself, and leave the room.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Double check your facts, list the resources and write a 'gentle' letter/e-mail pointing out that the show was informative and well produced etc but that the facts were wrong and carefully show them their errors providing references.
Challenge them to do a show that actual examines the facts.
Send the letter/email, keeping a copy and encourage others to do the same.
Do this for every tv show you find objectional and encourage others to do so too.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
These people are still motivated by the world, flesh and the devil. You will never get anything different from them or from the History channel while the god of this world is still in charge of it. I watched an account of Christianity in the Roman Empire on the History channel where the commentator commented that Christianity was a subversive sect and that Paul was a travelling salesman. What a load of nonsense! I just laughed out loud at it. You see, that commentator did not have the revelation of the gospel because her eyes were blinded to its truth. So, pick the meat from the bones. Enjoy the meat and spit the bones out!

Upvote 0

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

So, when I heard this antiChristian show, I felt extremely angry. I would like to know, how everyone handles such lies(like these and any others) pushed out in the media about our Father's word?

I turn to God's word. Particularly 2 Thess: 2:11, that God will send delusions upon those who do not love the truth. Which is what all "scientific claims" that are contrary to God's word are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I listen attentively and respect their view and thank them for their opinion. (yes thank the TV even though it cant hear me).

I know there time will come for me to tell the story of the Man who told me all about myself.....When this time comes I want to be heard, listened to attentively, and respected...whether they agree with my story or not, whether they find what I have to say utterly false or not, whether they are disgusted by my views or not....and I would prefer for them to not be angry after hearing me.

Basically I choose to do to others as I would have them do unto me.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I listen attentively and respect their view and thank them for their opinion. (yes thank the TV even though it cant hear me).

I know there time will come for me to tell the story of the Man who told me all about myself.....When this time comes I want to be heard, listened to attentively, and respected...whether they agree with my story or not, whether they find what I have to say utterly false or not, whether they are disgusted by my views or not....and I would prefer for them to not be angry after hearing me.

Basically I choose to do to others as I would have them do unto me.

that is fine, but there has to be a limit in what a person engages in. For example we don't choose to eat rotten food because we know that it is not wholesome, that it will make us sick, and being sick is not a pleasant experience.

The body naturally ejects food that is not good for it, but the eyes and ears have little defense when it come to ingesting sights and information that are not good for us to know. Add to that the fact that the brain stores all we see and hear, and then you can understand the biblical caution about being careful in that regard.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that is fine, but there has to be a limit in what a person engages in. For example we don't choose to eat rotten food because we know that it is not wholesome, that it will make us sick, and being sick is not a pleasant experience.

The body naturally ejects food that is not good for it, but the eyes and ears have little defense when it come to ingesting sights and information that are not good for us to know. Add to that the fact that the brain stores all we see and hear, and then you can understand the biblical caution about being careful in that regard.
It is not what goes in the man that defiles him, but that which comes out...... It is up to us to choose whether or not to eat the fruit of the knowledge of Good and Evil. What we consider evil, will become evil to us and will then be hard to hear and see...and will condemn us if we do. I choose to not place judgments on anything, so to not be judged myself.

I dont like guacamole...I think it looks like it should not be eaten....I almost want to throw up when i see it. But there are people who love it. Neither of us are wrong...yet I have less healthy/good food to eat because I judged it negatively....and now my body reacts negatively to it as welll....I am judged by those negative beliefs.

Reactions: InnocentStar
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Admittedly, I don't get that channel, nor have I seen the show in question. But I don't find the theory of natural explanations for the plagues offensive in the least. God created nature, so why would He not use it to enact His will?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

InnocentStar

Mar 5, 2017
NY
✟15,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Admittedly, I don't get that channel, nor have I seen the show in question. But I don't find the theory of natural explanations for the plagues offensive in the least. God created nature, so why would He not use it to enact His will?

Thanks for the responses everyone! Hey JayW, for me the problem isn't really the Lord using nature for events. What I was annoyed at was when they would say "the ten plagues account in the Bible is the result of a story being passed down and twisted", throughout the show the Lord's word was treated with disrespect. :/

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the responses everyone! Hey JayW, for me the problem isn't really the Lord using nature for events. What I was annoyed at was when they would say "the ten plagues account in the Bible is the result of a story being passed down and twisted", throughout the show the Lord's word was treated with disrespect. :/

Yeah, that's a different story. I just snort and change the channel.

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

In Matthew 10:16 Jesus admonished his disciples: ""I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves."

This council was specifically as counsel for how they should conduct themselves, but in the eyes of this beholder, there are other things to learn.

I think we have to know our enemy. We are given the gift of discernment when we need it--we know when the teaching is honest and edifying and when it just doesn't quite measure up to God's standards for truth. But we cannot be wise if we do not know what the arguments of the anti-Christs are.

So I myself watch such programs and make mental notes of the errors as they are revealed. And then I am better prepared to defend the truth when called upon to do so.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depends on you really. There on rare occasions are some interesting whos on that channel. But almost all of it is based on unchristian views/opinions. I tend to avoid such things like "Here is the chain of events on how the dinosaurs were wiped out by an asteroid!". Just because they are not based on truth.

With that said I do watch alot of tv. I don't care about it unless its affecting me. Which is really how we should all handle tv. If the Holy Spirit is telling you not to watch something, then don't. However we should still use out own mind to also realize when something is not helping us. And more importantly and to your point... we should not judge someone else for what they do. I mean you can tell your brother "You know thats science mumbo jumbo and they don't really know right? And the bible already explained everything! This show is unchristian and wrong. I hope you don't believe it!".

If he doesn't want to hear it then let it go and pray for him to see what your talking about. Ultimately hes responsible for what he chooses to fill his head with, especially if it affects his views.

Upvote 0

InnocentStar

Mar 5, 2017
NY
✟15,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Depends on you really. There on rare occasions are some interesting whos on that channel. But almost all of it is based on unchristian views/opinions. I tend to avoid such things like "Here is the chain of events on how the dinosaurs were wiped out by an asteroid!". Just because they are not based on truth.

With that said I do watch alot of tv. I don't care about it unless its affecting me. Which is really how we should all handle tv. If the Holy Spirit is telling you not to watch something, then don't. However we should still use out own mind to also realize when something is not helping us. And more importantly and to your point... we should not judge someone else for what they do. I mean you can tell your brother "You know thats science mumbo jumbo and they don't really know right? And the bible already explained everything! This show is unchristian and wrong. I hope you don't believe it!".

If he doesn't want to hear it then let it go and pray for him to see what your talking about. Ultimately hes responsible for what he chooses to fill his head with, especially if it affects his views.

I totally agree with you! Unfortunately, my brother is an atheist, so I do pray for him a lot.

Upvote 0