How does everyone feel about the McCabe firing?

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Ted,

You defended Hitler and Stalin is a recent thread, in an attempt to mock the abortion holocaust in the US. Please understand how difficult it is to take discernment advice from you.

Grace and peace

And BTW, Trump fights for the unborn. So far, I rate him higher on the discernment meter.

It sure would be nice if Trump would fight for the kids who are already born.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
So you think the dossier was legit? A phony dossier paid for by the Clinton campaign, even called salacious and unverified by Comey himself?

Yet you doubt McCabe's firing, recommended by the IG and his peers is legit? And you think it not legit to investigate the dossier scandal? Sure seems like selective outrage to me.
Huh? The post you quoted talks only about the investigation into Trump. Did you mean to quote something different?

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tide seems to be changing. I have a feeling Mueller's days are limited.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
The Mueller probe should never have been started in that there was no collusion and there was no crime. It was based on fraudulent activities and a Fake Dossier paid for by Crooked Hillary and the DNC, and improperly used in FISA COURT for surveillance of my campaign. WITCH HUNT!

5:12 PM - 17 Mar 2018​

The FISA scandal is about to break. When it does, the entire basis of the collusion investigation will fall apart. I predict that that time, Trump will drop the hammer hard. He'll fire Mueller and Rosenstein and several others. We may even see indictments at that time, as Sessions will immediately unrecuse himself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Hi solomon,

You responded to my post:

The rest of your response is really not even on track with this discussion. All about how all the Democrats are corrupt and how a baker being charged for some crime shows that Mr. McCabe deserved what he got. Ok.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
The rest of my response was a direct response to your 'call for compassion'. There is nothing compassionate in how the smilie faced fascists of the left have gone about financially ruining lives of others for decades now. Your continuing indifference to that is noted, and is exactly what was expected.

The way to battle corruption is making sure that there are consequences. Those who want to follow Mike McCabe in his footsteps understand now that the American people have spoken, where the MSM has refrained from speaking, and where the left finds convenient to ignore.

Drain the swamp.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's called boost the economy so parents can find jobs. Something your guy never did in 8 years.

Obama inherited almost 11 trillion in debt, deficits over a trillion a year, 2 unfunded wars, the collapse of the financials institutions - the auto industry - housing market, 750,000 plus job losses a month, without doubt the worst economic conditions in 80 plus years. So anyone with an ounce of reasoned objectivity will see that trump inherited a rapidly declining unemployment rate and a rising stock market...essentially a thriving economy.

The increased jobs trend is not something that began since Trump took office. The economy added more than 250,000 new jobs a month in 20 of the 96 months under President Obama. The economy added 11.5 million jobs under Obama, with a 76 straight months of growth, and let's remember the circumstance as to where these numbers started.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The rest of my response was a direct response to your 'call for compassion'. There is nothing compassionate in how the smilie faced fascists of the left have gone about financially ruining lives of others for decades now. Your continuing indifference to that is noted, and is exactly what was expected.

The way to battle corruption is making sure that there are consequences. Those who want to follow Mike McCabe in his footsteps understand now that the American people have spoken, where the MSM has refrained from speaking, and where the left finds convenient to ignore.

Drain the swamp.

Uhhh, who's Mike McCabe? Smilie faced fascists? This sounds like a rant against WWII Italy. The left have gone about financially ruining lives for decades? I guess that makes our current leader a smilie faced leftist. Ok.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's called boost the economy so parents can find jobs. Something your guy never did in 8 years.

Hi cal,

You've literally got to be making some sort of joke here. President Obama didn't boost the economy? Is your address third hole from the mountainside? I mean really, you can look at absolutely any metric of financial improvement, jobs improvement, unemployment numbers and from the day that President Obama took office until the day that he left absolutely every one of those measurable metrics would be far improved. So many parents have now found jobs that it's hard for companies to stay staffed. It used to be that there were no job openings and thousands of seekers. Now there are few seekers and thousands of openings. Dozens of businesses in my area have 'help wanted' signs in the window and have had for a couple of years now. Eight years ago you couldn't find any such signs. All the businesses were laying off and cutting back to save themselves from a collapsing economy.

Do you ever look out from your rock?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump supporters have no interest in the truth concerning anything to do with Russia and the 2016 campaign...or so it appears. Attacking anyone involved, as per trump, is the appropriate means to simply evade, distract, deny, disrupt, and avoid with the sole purpose of shutting down the investigation. An investigation by a person with a sterling reputation, and who will get to the truth...if that matters anymore.

Interesting that the Trump staffers distanced themselves from Carter Page even after Trump himself stated that Page was a foreign policy advisor. It may be worth researching Page even a little to see exactly why there was FBI interest. So let's attack FISA, or have the "midnight runner" Nunes put out an incomplete memo, that will distract and call into question the investigation...or at least it will to the Trump cult members. Trump and Sessions knew of no meetings with Russia...oops, Sessions himself, Flynn, Papadopolous, and that nobody who just hung around the campaign Page. Nobody is aware of what Mueller knows and wouldn't it be the case that if one were innocent they would welcome all of the facts to come out?

The facts and details concerning McCabe are not fully known so until such time leaping to conclusions is rather foolish. Anyone who takes the time to read through Trump's attacks on Sessions concerning McCabe is aware that there was in fact pressure asserted. Time will tell, Trump still sounds like Nixon....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi cal,

You've literally got to be making some sort of joke here. President Obama didn't boost the economy? Is your address third hole from the mountainside? I mean really, you can look at absolutely any metric of financial improvement, jobs improvement, unemployment numbers and from the day that President Obama took office until the day that he left absolutely every one of those measurable metrics would be far improved. ...

Hi Ted.

You're regurgitating fake news. Obama's economy grew at a pathetic rate and the labor participation rate dropped to it's lowest levels since the 70s. In fact Obama was the first President to lower the unemployment by lowering the labor participation rate. IOWs people were out of work so long, they stoped being counted as part of the labor force and lowered the denominator when factoring unemployment. Trump mentioned this often during the campaign, as did more balanced news stations and talk stations. But the endless MSNBC/CNN cycle definitely failed to mention this.

Trump is finally reversing this. We are at historic job levels right now, and the labor participation rate is finally rising (Labor force increase is biggest since 2003 as many Americans finally get back to work). People are actually pouring back into the labor force. Have you seen the February numbers? Maybe not.

Jobs report surprise: 313,000 added in February

I'm quoting all liberal sources for you.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Ted.

You're regurgitating fake news. Obama's economy grew at a pathetic rate and the labor participation rate dropped to it's lowest levels since the 70s. In fact Obama was the first President to lower the unemployment by lowering the labor participation rate. IOWs people were out of work so long, they stoped being counted as part of the labor force and lowered the denominator when factoring unemployment. Trump mentioned this often during the campaign, as did more balanced news stations and talk stations. But the endless MSNBC/CNN cycle definitely failed to mention this.

Trump is finally reversing this. We are at historic job levels right now, and the labor participation rate is finally rising (Labor force increase is biggest since 2003 as many Americans finally get back to work). People are actually pouring back into the labor force. Have you seen the February numbers? Maybe not.

Jobs report surprise: 313,000 added in February

I'm quoting all liberal sources for you.

Hi cal,

Well, each is free to believe what they will. I'm not going to debate the numbers since you've already established that anything I post is likely to be your idea of 'fake news', but I was alive and living in Miami Fl. and then here in S.C. through those 8 years. I had friends that lost their jobs and are now gainfully employed again. I saw the prices of real estate plummet and then return. I watched the hundreds of layoffs being announced. I guess my eyes are hooked up to a fake reality also.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi folks,

I'm following this story about President Trump having Jeff Sessions fire Andrew McCabe literally 2 days before he's set to retire.

This man gave over 20 years of his life serving the public and it would seem that other than President Trump's nose being out of joint because of the way Mr. McCabe was or wasnt' involved in this Russia investigation, President Trump orders the man fired 2 days before he's set to retire.

Now, I fully understand that in private enterprise someone can be fired even if you don't like the color of their hair, but...

To me this just seems so grossly unfair to a man who has worked so diligently. A man who, by all accounts, has a pretty respectable work record. Why wouldn't he just be told Friday to be sure he had everything out of his office on Sunday? I mean, let's face it, most all of us work long and hard at jobs expecting that there will be some sort of retirement at the end of the career so long as we remain faithful and do a good job for our employer.

My feelings? Because President Trump is a man who likes to hurt people. I imagine that he experiences feelings similar to a male [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] when he sees that he's hurt someone.

What do you guys think? Was it really right, as christians acting in the manner of Jesus, to fire this man 2 days before his retirement? If you feel that it is proper, could you explain your thought processes other than just to say that people can be fired for whatever reason and that's that.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

I have no feelings about this. I do not know the people involved personally so why would I have feelings about it? I have thoughts on the matter but not feelings so I will address the part where you ask what we think even though you again stuck the feeling thing in that paragraph.

You seem to have formed an opinion on the quality of work and the reason for the firing of Mr. McCabe that I do not have any reason to agree with or disagree with as I am not privy to enough information on either of those things to be convinced of anything about those things. Perhaps you are, but I cannot assume that to be the case without some evidence of your direct knowledge of the situation. Certainly if Mr. McCabe's work was exemplary and his firing was for reasons other than improper conduct of some kind, one would believe that he should be allowed to retire with a full pension. IMO one's feelings about it are irrelevant to the truth of the situation. However, if either one or both of those things are in question perhaps the taxpayers should be let off the hook for further paying an employee who was not putting their interests first. One may feel bad for Mr. McCabe or feel bad for the taxpayer but whether a course of action was proper or improper has nothing to do with what one feels about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi GTAW,

Fair enough. You're right and I've been through the training. We often use the word 'feel' in place of 'think' or 'believe'. Perhaps the question would have been better asked, If you think that it is proper, could you explain your thought processes other than just to say that people can be fired for whatever reason and that's that. I also could have written, My thinking? However, 'feelings' was the correct word to use in my description of an analogy to President Trump's reaction to such events or situations.

I too, am not personally effected in any financial way, but I do have inward feelings in my soul when I perceive that someone is being mistreated. I don't have to personally know that someone. I can feel a sadness in my soul when I read of children starving even though, I myself, have never been starving for food. I can feel an anger at some unrighteousness that someone else may be suffering even though I may not be personally involved. I can feel a joy in my spirit when I read of some life saving procedure being successful for someone on the other side of the world. So, I don't discount the feelings of anger, sadness, joy or antipathy that we, as human beings, can have for others that are not necessarily in our personal realm of involvement.

I can feel a deep sadness for the direction that I see our nation heading in its political process and an anger towards those who are perceived as being the root cause.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Upvote 0

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The McCabe firing is another example of a dysfunctional man in the White House.

The administration of Donald Trump will not survive another general election.

May God grant the rest of us do.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Agree
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My feelings? Because President Trump is a man who likes to hurt people.
I think this is now undeniable to anyone who has read his twitter wars and listened to his campaign speeches.

What do you guys think?
This is a man who was unwilling to spend five minutes to learn the most basic facts regarding something as important as a trade and tariffs with the USA second largest trading partner. He was proud of his ignorance and laughed about it. And bragged about how he lied to the PM of his second largest trading partner. Not even willing to work literally five minutes to learn most basic fact: Deficit or Surplus?

But he has endless time to spend in twitter wars and coming up with great names to insult his opponents with. According to all sources he studies his TV for hours every morning to get the latest gossip so he can pursue his twitter wars.

So not five minutes effort for something as important to all Americans as the economy. But hours and hours daily to conduct twitter wars with celebrities.

I cannot state what I think of a leader who cares so little for his fellow countrymen, who cares so little for the people in the rest of the world, that he will not put in even five minutes work on something as important as the economy. I would be banned

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not convinced. His supporters seem to find ways of discrediting absolutely everything.

Hi hedrick,

Yes, and I believe this is why we need to stop those who vote a party line ticket just because they're of that party. People need to understand that in the final election, no matter your registered choice, you can vote for whoever you think is the best person for the job. I say this because I believe that there are a lot of Republican votes that Trump got from people who weren't really sure he was the best person for the job, but hey, it's what their party put up for the Republican's final selection. If you're a registered Republican and you don't like the person that your party has sent to final round, then it's ok not to vote for that person if you feel that another choice would be better.

The same goes for Democrats who don't like their final offer either. You don't have to vote the Democratic ticket just because you're a Democrat in the final election. Yes, both party's registered voters must vote for their own party in primaries. But a primary is just a vote to determine who's the best person any party has to offer for the final and it doesn't shape or effect the country. The final election is when you're actually making a choice for who's going to be running the country for the next four years and should be given a little more thought than just, "Well, this is what my party's offering and I have to vote along with my party." I have voted for Democrats and Republicans in Presidential elections. I voted for Bush and I voted for Obama. I believed at the time, of the two who made it to the final selection, that each one was the best choice.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0