How does everyone feel about the McCabe firing?

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump weighing in heavily on the matter. It does appear the tide is turning in his favor.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 4h4 hours ago
The Fake News is beside themselves that McCabe was caught, called out and fired. How many hundreds of thousands of dollars was given to wife’s campaign by Crooked H friend, Terry M, who was also under investigation? How many lies? How many leaks? Comey knew it all, and much more!

30,668 replies17,433 retweets55,555 likes

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 4h4 hours ago
As the House Intelligence Committee has concluded, there was no collusion between Russia and the Trump Campaign. As many are now finding out, however, there was tremendous leaking, lying and corruption at the highest levels of the FBI, Justice & State. #DrainTheSwamp

23,272 replies15,973 retweets52,040 likes

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 6h6 hours ago
Happy #StPatricksDay
DYf7Up7W4AA93AC.jpg

10,336 replies12,203 retweets57,772 likes

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 17h17 hours ago
Andrew McCabe FIRED, a great day for the hard working men and women of the FBI - A great day for Democracy. Sanctimonious James Comey was his boss and made McCabe look like a choirboy. He knew all about the lies and corruption going on at the highest levels of the FBI!

88,102 replies41,256 retweets133,224 likes​
You hope, you hope, you hope.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
More details coming out. McCabe

McCabe Speaks: I Pressured Rosenstein To Appoint Special Counsel After Comey Was Fired

On Friday evening, Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired McCabe on the recommendation of FBI disciplinary officials.

“Both the OIG and FBI OPR reports concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor − including under oath − on multiple occasions,” Sessions said in a statement.

“The FBI expects every employee to adhere to the highest standards of honesty, integrity and accountability.”​

“As the OPR proposal stated, ‘all FBI employees know that lacking candor under oath results in dismissal and that our integrity is our brand’,” Sessions added.​

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also,

TURLEY: MCCABE ISSUE ‘RAISES SERIOUS QUESTIONS ABOUT COMEY’S PREVIOUS TESTIMONY’

On Saturday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Smerconish,” George Washington Law Professor Jonathan Turley stated that former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe’s dismissal and his statement on the firing raise “serious questions about Comey’s previous testimony and could get him into serious trouble.”

Turley said, “[T]his could easily spin further out of control. There was one line in McCabe’s statement last night that I immediately flagged. Because he said that he had authority to do this and he conferred with the director. The director at that time was James Comey. Now, the problem there is that James Comey said under oath that he never leaked information and never approved a leak. So, if the inspector general believes this was a leak to the media, it raises serious questions about Comey’s previous testimony and could get him into serious trouble.”​

That's CNN, folks.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
More details coming out. McCabe

McCabe Speaks: I Pressured Rosenstein To Appoint Special Counsel After Comey Was Fired

On Friday evening, Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired McCabe on the recommendation of FBI disciplinary officials.

“Both the OIG and FBI OPR reports concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor − including under oath − on multiple occasions,” Sessions said in a statement.

“The FBI expects every employee to adhere to the highest standards of honesty, integrity and accountability.”​

“As the OPR proposal stated, ‘all FBI employees know that lacking candor under oath results in dismissal and that our integrity is our brand’,” Sessions added.​
Yet we don't know what he was less then candid about or what he leaked to the press.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi cal,

I'm not so sure that providing President Trump's tweets as evidence that the tide is turning would be considered valid evidence, but...

Here's an article published by Lawfare which is associated with the Brookings Institute: What We Know, and Don’t Know, About the Firing of Andrew McCabe

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Here's an article published by Lawfare which is associated with the Brookings Institute: What We Know, and Don’t Know, About the Firing of Andrew McCabe
Right. When the process is visibly politicized, there's reason to suspect the accuracy of its substance. I would certainly hope that the FBI's OPR has good reason for its recommendation. Normally I would assume it. But when the only parts of the process visible to us are politically motivated, it creates suspicion of the rest.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Hi solomon,

Yes, I understand that the Republicans have long sought his removal over the Clinton issue. However, let's do keep in mind that is the Republicans upset with someone over how the Clinton issue was investigated and resolved. Further, in January McCabe said he would retire and for 2 months now that has satisfied most everyone concerned about his actions. Now, less than 2 days away from his promised retirement date that seemed to please pretty much everyone, nothing new has come up and suddenly President Trump, against Jeff Sessions recommendation, tells him to fire the man.

I understand the issue pretty well and I probably wouldn't have been nearly as concerned about it if, in January when all the stuff was flying around, he was fired for grounds. But to let a man retain his position and doing nothing new wrong, why should he be fired at this point. Jesus says that we should love others as ourselves. Would you believe it to be fair, if under the exact same circumstances, you were fired 2 days before your retirement?

As far as I can tell, the only impetus for this sudden decision is nothing more than President Trump's mean streak. He has exampled it countless times for us.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
When people abuse the power of their office, as anyone who knows the situation well knows he did, they don't merit another dime of the taxpayers money.

The IRS scandal showed well enough that Democrats from the top on down to the bottom are indifferent to corruption of government bureaucracy. Trump was not elected because he was a pretty boy, and everybody's sweetheart. He was elected because he is mean enough to deal with the corruption. He had already put thirty years of public mean under his belt. People knew exactly who they were electing, and they elected him with cause.
And, he shows exactly the same amount of mercy as the smilie faced fascist on the left show, when they fine bakers thousands of thousands of dollars, and threaten scholars like Jordan Peterson with ominous professional retribution for daring to tell the truth.
Bemoaning about the lack of mercy from the left rings hollow after all that has happened under their watch.

Reactions: Calminian
Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Right. When the process is visibly politicized, there's reason to suspect the accuracy of its substance. I would certainly hope that the FBI's OPR has good reason for its recommendation. Normally I would assume it. But when the only parts of the process visible to us are politically motivated, it creates suspicion of the rest.

So then I trust both you and Ted were extremely skeptical and vocal when they announced an investigation of the Trump campaign.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi solomon,

You responded to my post:
When people abuse the power of their office, as anyone who knows the situation well knows he did

I'm curious how you're so sure of that. Most of the reports that I've read as to his career seem to make the claim that up until this issue cropped up, he was a fairly respected employee of the FBI for over 20 years. That his hard work and faithfulness to his job carried him up the ladder to the second in command. Are we really to believe that the entire organization of the FBI is so corrupt that for 20 years they've allowed this ne'er do well to ascend to such a position of power? Seems that if he were such an abuser of power, there would be some other accounts in his HR jacket where he'd run into trouble before.

I'm going to assume that you aren't a government employee and therefore not beholden to any privacy restrictions, so tell us, what was the information that it is claimed that he leaked? You claim to know the situation well and yet the article I posted says that no one knows exactly what the information was that it is claimed that he leaked. Just that he supposedly leaked something. His claim is that he didn't. What inside information do you have that assures you beyond a doubt that his claim is not trustworthy?

The rest of your response is really not even on track with this discussion. All about how all the Democrats are corrupt and how a baker being charged for some crime shows that Mr. McCabe deserved what he got. Ok.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
....I'm curious how you're so sure of that. Most of the reports that I've read as to his career seem to make the claim that up until this issue cropped up, he was a fairly respected employee of the FBI for over 20 years. ...

According to a reporter very close to the situation.

Friday at 9:03 a.m. PDT by the Los Angeles based Housley, “A bunch of FBI agents I know are watching how McCabe is handled very closely. For them this isn’t political, it was about how things were handled internally.”

7:13 p.m. PDT minutes after news broke of McCabe’s firing, “From day 1 I have said the McCabe issue was not about politics for agents. This began before Trump was elected and there are many who were watching how the Bureau handled him. Tonight…a message has been sent according to the agents I am speaking with. McCabe is our.”

7:23 p.m. PDT: “McCabe blaming Nunes and the dossier is beyond incorrect. The internal investigation took all that into consideration and much more. Ask the agents in the bureau, not the politicians and media outside of it. That’s what I did. They had a ton of stuff on him…a ton.”

7:31 p.m. PDT: “McCabe had some friends as part of his group. Some have left…a few are still around. FYI”

7:32 p.m. PDT: “Again…this isn’t about politics..this was an internal thing that became political. It started before Trump. Both sides are tho going to make this political. I mean…that’s what they do.”

7:56 p.m. PDT: “And there is much more. But leave it to some of my colleagues in the media to immediately make it political. RT @debz526: @calvindanielsll @Put2sleep0066 @adamhousley The totality of what McCabe has done hasn’t been disclosed to the public.”

8:25 p.m. PDT: “could care less about Trump and Sessions. According to my sources, who are beyond question, there is much more. This isn’t about Trump. This was about control and business as usual for a few”

8:30 p.m. PDT: “Wray and McCabe’s meeting did not go well and it was McCabe who challenged the Director. McCabe stepped down because of this and tried to ride it out until retirement. Truth internally came out before that happened. This has nothing to do with Trumps tweets or Nunes memo”

8:31 p.m. PDT: “I am told yesterday McCabe felt the heat and went to try and save his last two days and even told some he would take people down with him if he as fired. So…let’s see what comes of this. I know this…a ton of agents…a ton…were watching this very closely.”

8:34 p.m. PDT: “This was about power by a group within the FBI. A clique. I see Republicans already making this political and tying it in a much different way than it was. Dems tying it to Trump…both would be wrong.”

8:42 p.m. PDT: “This decision will encourage agents to trust coming forward. Others who had during the clique’s time in charge got buried and mistreated and it kept agents from coming forward. Again..this began before Trump. It was about control.”

8:47 p.m. PDT: “Happy RT @HappyGoldenRule: @adamhousley Are they mad or happy about the firing?”

8:49 p.m.PDT: “As a reporter I will repeat this once more. I could care less if this helps Trump, or helps politically in any way. I just know a ton of men and women in the FBI who do damn good work and they were watching how this clique would be handled. McCabe has many who do not support”

8:50 p.m. PDT: “I am saying agents have told me of a small group of people we’re all about control and they were even tough on their own internally. It had agents not wanting to talk and it started before Trump.”

8:51 p.m. PDT: “I am saying this started before that. What they did and what it became will be revealed in the full report.”​

Sure looks to me like credible sources disagree with you Ted. But by all means please share what you know.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Ted. I noticed you discredit tweets just because they're tweets. Seems odd not to look at content, only the mode with which something is delivered.

In Christ,
Cal

Hi cal,

This is the second conclusion about me that you'd be incorrect about. I don't discredit tweets just because they're tweets. I discredit supposed facts when they come from a source that has well proven to not be trustworthy with the truth. You posted a number of tweets from a source that is known not to be trustworthy and I merely stated that I wasn't prepared to accept such evidence as valid proof.

After his SOTU address he tweeted that the 45 million people who tuned in was the largest audience for a SOTU address EVER! Not so! President Obama's first SOTU was watched by 48 million and President Bush's first SOTU was seen by some 52 million. Even President Clinton beat him out by 200,000 viewers.

Nearly every news source acknowledges that he plays loose with the truth, although some see it as more troubling than others. So, forgive me if I offend, but I'm not willing to take the word of such testimony. Maybe you aren't as discerning. I don't know.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Ted,

I like you throw out subtle insults and then end your posts with God Bless. You remind me of Marie Boron. LOL! God Bless Doris Roberts (passed away at age 90). She nailed that passive aggressive character like no one else.

mariebarone.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
So then I trust both you and Ted were extremely skeptical and vocal when they announced an investigation of the Trump campaign.
I'm not yet convinced that Trump conspired with (or more likely, being blackmailed by) the Russians. I think he and people around him had unhealthy connections with them. But so far everything I've seen has been about lying to investigators.

There was certainly cause for investigation though. The way this investigation, and other big investigations, go, we won't know if there's something there until the end. But I'm not prejudging results. It could quite well turn out that there's nothing serious there. (Incidentally, if Trump actually did conspire, the most likely end will be that he fires Mueller. I don't see Trump allowing Mueller to come up with enough evidence to charge him.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi cal,

Hi Ted,

I like you throw out subtle insults and then end your posts with God Bless. You remind me of Marie Boron. LOL! God Bless Doris Roberts (passed away at age 90). She nailed that passive aggressive character like no one else.

mariebarone.jpg

Well, you don't seem to see where President Trump has lied in his tweets. Wouldn't that be a possible lack of discernment?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not yet convinced that Trump conspired with (or more likely, being blackmailed by) the Russians. I think he and people around him had unhealthy connections with them. But so far everything I've seen has been about lying to investigators.

There was certainly cause for investigation though. The way this investigation, and other big investigations, go, we won't know if there's something there until the end. But I'm not prejudging results. It could quite well turn out that there's nothing serious there. (Incidentally, if Trump actually did conspire, the most likely end will be that he fires Mueller. I don't see Trump allowing Mueller to come up with enough evidence to charge him.)

So you think the dossier was legit? A phony dossier paid for by the Clinton campaign, even called salacious and unverified by Comey himself?

Yet you doubt McCabe's firing, recommended by the IG and his peers is legit? And you think it not legit to investigate the dossier scandal? Sure seems like selective outrage to me.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi cal,

Well, you don't seem to see where President Trump has lied in his tweets. Wouldn't that be a possible lack of discernment?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Hi Ted,

You defended Hitler and Stalin is a recent thread, in an attempt to mock the abortion holocaust in the US. Please understand how difficult it is to take discernment advice from you.

Grace and peace

And BTW, Trump fights for the unborn. So far, I rate him higher on the discernment meter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican