How does Brexit fit in to Dispensationalist Eschatology?

East Anglican

Nov 15, 2003
Suffolk, England
Visit site
✟16,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
UK-Conservative
In lot of dispensationalist books the Kingdom of Anti Christ is said to be the Islamic word and the EU and the books have maps in them showing what they believe to be in the Kingdom of Antichrist and the UK is always included. As this sceptred Isle is leaving the EU on Friday, such eschatology must now be regarded as erronous. When I adhered to the theology, I do not recall any prediction of the Mother of the Free striking a blow against the Kingdom of Anti Christ.

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In lot of dispensationalist books the Kingdom of Anti Christ is said to be the Islamic word and the EU and the books have maps in them showing what they believe to be in the Kingdom of Antichrist and the UK is always included. As this sceptred Isle is leaving the EU on Friday, such eschatology must now be regarded as erronous. When I adhered to the theology, I do not recall any prediction of the Mother of the Free striking a blow against the Kingdom of Anti Christ.

You do realize that 30 years ago and earlier, a lot of Dispensationalists were saying that Europe is the Beast? So, this current trend of identifying the Islamic world as the Beast is a new twist in things and a shift from what came previously. Just compare a Hal Lindsey book from the 1970s with one of a large spat of Dispensationalist books printed within the several years.

Just an f.y.i. for further thought. ;)

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Brexit means nothing biblically.

The ten heads are not, I repeat, NOT a revived Roman Empire or the EU. The Bible clearly states that the beast in its ten head stage rules the world!

Rome never ruled the worl, or even the known world, nor was even the greatest conquerer! That distinction still falls on Alexander the Great!

The fourth beast of Daniel rules the world in its ten head stqage and antichrist stage.

• Winner
Reactions: summerville
Upvote 0

East Anglican

Nov 15, 2003
Suffolk, England
Visit site
✟16,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
UK-Conservative
You do realize that 30 years ago and earlier, a lot of Dispensationalists were saying that Europe is the Beast? So, this current trend of identifying the Islamic world as the Beast is a new twist in things and a shift from what came previously. Just compare a Hal Lindsey book from the 1970s with one of a large spat of Dispensationalist books printed within the several years.

Just an f.y.i. for further thought. ;)

Yes of course. Like early protestants said it was the Roman Catholic Church, they're saying it's the EU. I believe that it was in fact the Roman Empire which was defeated by Jesus the true Messiah. In Europe today people say "Jesus is Lord" rather than "Ceaser is Lord." That said, my views of the EU are that it is Babylonian in nature, I'm glad my country has left it and I want to see it fall. Europe has produced Facism, Communism and Nazism and now Europeanism is the latest nasty political ideology.

Upvote 0

East Anglican

Nov 15, 2003
Suffolk, England
Visit site
✟16,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
UK-Conservative

The ten heads are not, I repeat, NOT a revived Roman Empire or the EU. The Bible clearly states that the beast in its ten head stage rules the world!

Rome never ruled the worl, or even the known world, nor was even the greatest conquerer! That distinction still falls on Alexander the Great!

The fourth beast of Daniel rules the world in its ten head stqage and antichrist stage.

The world in the time of Daniel wouldn't have included the whole planet.

• Winner
Reactions: summerville
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes it did! They may not have known how big the whole world was- but God did and He was speaking through the angel!

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Completely wrong and naive!
Brexit has extensive biblical significance as any spirit led intercessor would tell you.

For confirmation of that, you only have to look at the extensive sculptures, architecture, postage stamps, coinage, etc. around the EU parliament buildings in Brussels and Strasbourg to see the links to the Antichrist kingdom
Wrong again.
In Daniel (2v34), when the stone cut out without hands strikes the great image, the whole edifice, all the way back to the head of Gold, collapses in one go.
This signifies that although thousands of years have passed since Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon, that Golden kingdom still rules over the feet. ie. Rome is part of Babylon.

In fact, Revelation shows that when Jesus returns, it is Babylon that still rules, in the form of the final ten kingdoms of the world. But the sequence of the great image shows the final kingdom will still be seen as Roman.

Daniels interpretation also makes it clear that there are only 4 kingdoms till Christ, the 4th being Rome.
You have to look at this from God's perspective to see how wrong you are.
Babylon under Nebuchadnezzar was a city state. Its kingdom was smaller than those that followed and certainly much smaller than Rome. But look what God says about it.

Dan2v37You, O king, are a king of kings. For the God of heaven has given you a kingdom, power, strength, and glory; 38and wherever the children of men dwell, or the beasts of the field and the birds of the heaven, He has given them into your hand, and has made you ruler over them all—you are this head of gold.
That's one amazing statement to make about a city state. According to Daniel, God had given Nebuchadnezzar rulership over the whole world. Yet we know his kingdom was quite parochial, limited to certain areas of the middle east. We know also that there were other strong kingdoms on Babylon's periphery. Yet God singles out Babylon and Nebuchadnezzar and says he rules the whole world, most of which he's never heard of.

And just to confirm He really meant the whole world, God tells him that the subsequent kingdoms will also rule the whole world.-
39But after you shall arise another kingdom inferior to yours; then another, a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth.
40And the fourth kingdom shall be as strong as iron, inasmuch as iron breaks in pieces and shatters everything; and like iron that crushes, that kingdom will break in pieces and crush all the others.

It couldn't be clearer. In God's eyes, this sequence of kingdoms were simply the earthly manifestation of one demonic kingdom that throughout the centuries, never relinquished its control over those nations, and ultimately the whole world.

That final kingdom has always been Rome, which since the collapse of the military kingdom, has manifest itself in the Roman Church, and now in the EU.
Daniel is very clear that there is no other kingdom than the four shown in the image. These are the golden head of Babylon, the silver shoulders and arms of Medo-Persia, the bronze thighs of Greece, and iron legs of Rome.

The image shows no gap in the iron legs of Rome, other than them continuing down to the toes with the addition of clay. Thus the Roman kingdom of Daniel has never ceased, despite what theologians or historians might claim.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Yes of course. Like early protestants said it was the Roman Catholic Church, they're saying it's the EU.
Both are right.
The Catholic Church is just the ecclesiastical manifestation of military Rome. In fact throughout the centuries the Vatican has directed many armies to conquer and occupy territory.
Interestingly, most words and symbols used by the RC church are rooted in the old empire and the Roman Emperors.
I believe that it was in fact the Roman Empire which was defeated by Jesus the true Messiah. In Europe today people say "Jesus is Lord" rather than "Ceaser is Lord." That said, my views of the EU are that it is Babylonian in nature, I'm glad my country has left it and I want to see it fall. Europe has produced Facism, Communism and Nazism and now Europeanism is the latest nasty political ideology.
I too am extremely thankful we have left the EU. For me it has been a 25 year intercessory battle.

Jer51v45“My people, go out of the midst of her! And let everyone deliver himself from the fierce anger of the LORD.

Is48v20 Go forth from Babylon! Flee from the Chaldeans! With a voice of singing, Declare, proclaim this, Utter it to the end of the earth; Say, “The LORD has redeemed His servant Jacob!”

Rev18v4And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
According to Daniel's vivid description, it clearly did include the whole world.
Daniel was also projecting it to the final days when Jesus returns.
At that time Rome AKA Babylon will rule the ten kingdoms of the world.

FYI try Googling, "NWO ten kingdoms world maps" then click images. You will see many versions of the map that the "Club of Rome" created decades ago. This shows the New World Order (UN) plans for world government administration. It will of course be an anti democratic demonic tyranny.

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
According to Daniel's vivid description, it clearly did include the whole world.
Daniel was also projecting it to the final days when Jesus returns.
At that time Rome AKA Babylon will rule the ten kingdoms of the world.

FYI try Googling, "NWO ten kingdoms world maps" then click images. You will see many versions of the map that the "Club of Rome" created decades ago. This shows the New World Order (UN) plans for world government administration. It will of course be an anti democratic demonic tyranny.

Do Dispensationalists support the notion of the Illuminatti?

Club of Rome
https://www.clubofrome.org

The Club of Rome is an organisation of individuals who share a common concern for the future of humanity and strive to make a difference. Our members are notable scientists, economists, businessmen and businesswomen, high level civil servants and former heads of state from around the world.

I don't think they are sinister.

What did Daniel say about the "whole world"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Brexit has extensive biblical significance as any spirit led intercessor would tell you.

For confirmation of that, you only have to look at the extensive sculptures, architecture, postage stamps, coinage, etc. around the EU parliament buildings in Brussels and Strasbourg to see the links to the Antichrist kingdom

Wrong again.
In Daniel (2v34), when the stone cut out without hands strikes the great image, the whole edifice, all the way back to the head of Gold, collapses in one go.
This signifies that although thousands of years have passed since Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon, that Golden kingdom still rules over the feet. ie. Rome is part of Babylon.

In fact, Revelation shows that when Jesus returns, it is Babylon that still rules, in the form of the final ten kingdoms of the world. But the sequence of the great image shows the final kingdom will still be seen as Roman.

Daniels interpretation also makes it clear that there are only 4 kingdoms till Christ, the 4th being Rome.

Babylon under Nebuchadnezzar was a city state. Its kingdom was smaller than those that followed and certainly much smaller than Rome. But look what God says about it.

Dan2v37You, O king, are a king of kings. For the God of heaven has given you a kingdom, power, strength, and glory; 38and wherever the children of men dwell, or the beasts of the field and the birds of the heaven, He has given them into your hand, and has made you ruler over them all—you are this head of gold.
That's one amazing statement to make about a city state. According to Daniel, God had given Nebuchadnezzar rulership over the whole world. Yet we know his kingdom was quite parochial, limited to certain areas of the middle east. We know also that there were other strong kingdoms on Babylon's periphery. Yet God singles out Babylon and Nebuchadnezzar and says he rules the whole world, most of which he's never heard of.

And just to confirm He really meant the whole world, God tells him that the subsequent kingdoms will also rule the whole world.-
39But after you shall arise another kingdom inferior to yours; then another, a third kingdom of bronze, which shall rule over all the earth.
40And the fourth kingdom shall be as strong as iron, inasmuch as iron breaks in pieces and shatters everything; and like iron that crushes, that kingdom will break in pieces and crush all the others.

It couldn't be clearer. In God's eyes, this sequence of kingdoms were simply the earthly manifestation of one demonic kingdom that throughout the centuries, never relinquished its control over those nations, and ultimately the whole world.

That final kingdom has always been Rome, which since the collapse of the military kingdom, has manifest itself in the Roman Church, and now in the EU.
Daniel is very clear that there is no other kingdom than the four shown in the image. These are the golden head of Babylon, the silver shoulders and arms of Medo-Persia, the bronze thighs of Greece, and iron legs of Rome.

The image shows no gap in the iron legs of Rome, other than them continuing down to the toes with the addition of clay. Thus the Roman kingdom of Daniel has never ceased, despite what theologians or historians might claim.

The Roman Empire is long gone.. Daniel's four kingdoms were (1) Babylon, (2) Media, (3) Persia, and (4) Greece.

Yes it did! They may not have known how big the whole world was- but God did and He was speaking through the angel!

Daniel was writing about Antiochus IV. His empire wasn't that large if you look at a map. The Roman Empire that followed was much larger.

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Wrong again.

The Roman Empire is long gone.. Daniel's four kingdoms were (1) Babylon, (2) Media, (3) Persia, and (4) Greece.

Daniel was writing about Antiochus IV. His empire wasn't that large if you look at a map. The Roman Empire that followed was much larger.

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Wrong again.

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Wrong again.

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Wrong again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Wrong again.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes of course. Like early protestants said it was the Roman Catholic Church, they're saying it's the EU. I believe that it was in fact the Roman Empire which was defeated by Jesus the true Messiah. In Europe today people say "Jesus is Lord" rather than "Ceaser is Lord." That said, my views of the EU are that it is Babylonian in nature, I'm glad my country has left it and I want to see it fall. Europe has produced Facism, Communism and Nazism and now Europeanism is the latest nasty political ideology.

Oh, who really knows? But I (kind of) think that, on the whole, Europe and its political tributaries have some central eschatological significance.

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Oh, who really knows? But I (kind of) think that, on the whole, Europe and its political tributaries have some central eschatological significance.

Who do you think is the father of Dispensationalism?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who do you think is the father of Dispensationalism?

Why is this relevant to me if I'm not a Dispensationalist? :dontcare:[...although, it's not that I don't already have a good idea as to what the answer is.]

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Do Dispensationalists support the notion of the Illuminatti?
No idea what dispensationalists think.
But that's like asking whether they believe the notion of The Club of Rome
The Illuminati, as started by Adam Weishaupt is on public record.

What a group claims for itself is hardly relevant to the truth. Fools reading Karl Mark writings regularly come away with the idea that he was benign.
The Club of Rome is an organisation of individuals who share a common concern for the future of humanity and strive to make a difference. Our members are notable scientists, economists, businessmen and businesswomen, high level civil servants and former heads of state from around the world.

I don't think they are sinister.
That puts you into the category of naïve.
What did Daniel say about the "whole world"?
I already answered that in post No7. But if you read Daniel, you would see it spelled out.

Upvote 0