• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured How does a person get saving faith?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by zoidar, Dec 23, 2019.

1. 1213

1213 Disciple of Jesus

+817
    Christian
    Single
    For me faith means loyalty, that I am loyal to God. I don’t think that saves. I believe people are saved from the judgment freely. The wage of sin is death, and God has forgiven sins without anything from us. But, I think it is good to understand, forgiveness is not useful, if person continues in sin, that is why I believe Jesus said:

"Neither do I condemn you. Go your way. From now on, sin no more."
    John 8:11

Eternal life is promised for righteous. And if person is righteous, he is loyal (faithful) to God.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
    Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    Romans 6:23

2. Guojing

Guojing Well-Known Member

+244
    Singapore
    Christian
    Married
    Faith comes by hearing the word of Christ.

3. Jord Simcha

Jord Simcha Member

+227
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Single
    By asking God for the Holy Spirit (is how I got born again/saved).

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Kaon

Kaon Well-Known Member

+1,978
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Ask you Father.

Then, prepare your mind for training.

5. jimmyjimmy

jimmyjimmy Pardoned Rebel Supporter

+5,642
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Are you after the truth or personal anecdotes?

6. Daniel Isaac

Daniel Isaac New Member

+0
    Korea, Republic Of
    Christian
    Single
    A Person is saved when he knows the truth (scripture). The saved one is able to testify the reason of his faith according to the scripture. this proved that a person is truly saved. we are not just saved by believing or having faith but saved through believing in the truth(scripture =Truth Jn 17:17) ==> 2 Thessalonians 2:13. Blind faith is not from God but the faith based on the knowledge and understanding of the scripture saves a person because he knows the will of God. Paul went to the synagogues and even in the alter of gentile god's he argued and proved why Jesus is the son of God boldly.
    Saved one believes in the son of God and has the testimony about him. the one who doesnt have the testimony makes God a liar (1Jn 5:10). we must be able to prove our faith with the correct understanding of the scripture. he is the true believer. Amen

7. zoidar

zoidar Well-Known Member Supporter

+993
    Sweden
    Christian
    Private
    I believe personal testimonies and truth talks about the same thing.

8. fhansen

fhansen Oldbie

+1,342
    Catholic
    Married
    By hearing God's Word and believing, then carrying on in doing His will. And at the end of the day He, alone, knows with 100% certainty whose names are written in the Book of Life and whose are not, who will persevere and who will not.

9. jimmyjimmy

jimmyjimmy Pardoned Rebel Supporter

+5,642
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    God's Word is Truth. Man's, not so much.

10. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,910
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Studying, prayer, practicing Jesus’ teachings.

11. BBAS 64

BBAS 64 Contributor Supporter

+950
    Christian
    Married

Good Day, Peter

It has been granted to me not for my sake , but for the sake of Christ:

Phil 1 :29 For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake, engaged in the same conflict that you saw I had and now hear that I still have.

Further John 6 tells us it is a work of God that we believe.

In Him,

Bill

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  12. BBAS 64

BBAS 64 Contributor Supporter

+950
    Christian
    Married
    Good Day, Bling

Really how from scripture did you come to that conclusion Paul is pretty clear.

2TH 3:1 Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you, and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men. For not all have faith.

In Him,

Bill

13. zoidar

zoidar Well-Known Member Supporter

+993
    Sweden
    Christian
    Private
    27 Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ... 29 For to you it has been granted for Christ’s sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake.

14. Zhen

Zhen Member

+204
    Singapore
    Christian
    Single
    may i know what the word of Christ is? is it what Christ says or is it the word about Him? o_O

15. Guojing

Guojing Well-Known Member

+244
    Singapore
    Christian
    Married
    for salvation, it will be the words of the ascended Christ given to Paul, the one Paul called my gospel

16. Maria Billingsley

Maria Billingsley Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,936
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Believe in Jesus Christ of Nazareth to be saved from your sins and receive His Holy Spirit to be in The Body of Christ which is The Kingdom of God.
    Blessings!

17. 1Reformedman

1Reformedman Active Member

+152
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    All who are saved are saved ONLY one way. By and through the whole counsel Of God's will not the will of man, via the hearing of the word of God and the holy spirit convicting of sin. God does it all. Saving faith is granted by God during the regeneration process. A lost one cannot please God so one would have to be regenerated in order to please God by exercising the gift of spiritual faith.

18. genez

genez Contributor Supporter

+1,302
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Its what you asked for. But you would have received the gift of the Holy Spirit by simply believing in Jesus Christ.

Jesus told his disciples to ask for the Spirit for a different reason than we have today. They were still living in the age of Israel. Jesus was telling them that they could ask for the Spirit for enabling, just as the few OT believers in the Bible had received.

We now have something different. The Greek tense of the NT tells us that the Holy Spirit now takes up permanent residence and indwells us. That even if we turn rebellious and walk outside of God's will for our life? The Spirit will not leave us like He would in OT days when a believer transgressed.

Do not cast me away from Your presence
    And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
    Ps 51:11​

That is why we are warned in the Church not to grieve the Spirit. For He never leaves us because of the Cross covering all sins. The Holy Spirit now stays in our body and will become grieved when we are failing to do God's will for our lives.

We are in a new age of spirituality. Its not like the OT. Just believe in Jesus Christ and the gift of the Holy Spirit will be included. Its not something we will sense unless God chooses for His reasons to make something evident to us consciously. With me, the Holy Spirit was dramatically changing my thoughts... but I had no idea it was the Spirit accomplishing what was going on. I just thought my thinking was mysteriously changing. Like going from childhood into puberty. Its just seems like it is meant to be when the changes come.

grace and peace...

19. StillGods

StillGods Well-Known Member

+1,078
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Private
    I always knew God was there.
    then I saw Him do stuff and free me from some things I thought would never be gone - my faith in God jumped way higher after that, the Bible suddenly made sense in ways I had not seen before aswell...because mercifully I had seen and experienced and knew beyond knowing that God is real...but blessed are those who have not seen and believe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. 1Reformedman

1Reformedman Active Member

+152
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Can you tell me how a lost one can do that?