Idaho, USA
✟8,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think you need to come to the realization that it's not you who saves others. It's God. And for those who have had their hearts hardened that much, only God can soften it. So all you can do is witness, and I mean in the sense of a messenger. As in, don't beat it into their skulls with your leather-bound bible... but do talk about it when opportunity presents itself.

And if they still won't listen to you, well, it's between them and God at that point.

Upvote 0

Skala

I'm a Saint. Not because of me, but because of Him
Mar 15, 2011
✟27,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
One thing I've learned as I've grown to understand spiritual things more in my Christan walk, is no amount of evidence can persuade someone to accept the gospel.

Time after time, the Bible credits God's grace and the work of the Holy Spirit with the fact that people believed the gospel. You can show a person 100% of the evidence and proof they need to believe that what the Bible says about Jesus is true, but that is not enough to see them saved.

A heart change is mandatory, and only God can do that.

That's why we plant the seeds, but God gives the increase.

That being said, that is why you should not waste time arguing for Creation or the Existence of God with an atheist. Those topics are just rabbit trails that the atheist will want to drag you down. Instead, just be straight forward about the gospel message: We are guilty sinners and God, out of mercy, sent Christ to take the place of sinners, and by repenting of sin and putting our trust/faith in Christ, we can be saved.

This sermon is amazing, check it out:

Why do we believe, while others reject? Did you just receive a more compelling set of evidences than someone else? Are you smarter than someone else? What makes you differ from unbelievers?

Why We Believe While Others Reject - John MacArthur (1 Corinthians 1:18-2:16) [CC] - YouTube

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟188,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well Paul states that the Gospel is the Power of God for salvation (Romans 1:16) so give them the Gospel message of repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21). If they reject it then you can continue to hammer them with it, mixed with prayers, or you can do as Paul did and declare yourself clean of their blood as you have done your part. It's not our job to convert sinners, that's the Holy Spirit's job as I'm sure you know and He does it well. I wouldn't worry about the technique as long as the message is biblical. If you try to get to rational with them, you may never win them as no human argument can convert a soul. Hope that helps

Upvote 0

phoenixdem

Nov 28, 2010
South Dakota
✟9,080.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have also dealt with these people online. You can witness to them and when they respond in the manner we must expect, move on. You have told them what God asks of His people, give them the gospel message. God has to bring them to their knees, and that is the job of the Holy Spirit if they are to be saved.

Also, you can certainly pray for them.

Upvote 0

David Pratt

Aug 15, 2010
✟15,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Aren't atheist really deemed "antichrists" in the scriptures?

In any event, an antichrist cursed me out because he wanted me accept "athesism" as the "true gospel".

I never said anything foul but cursed me out like a pro. I say if they

look... fiendish leave them alone but I was still happy to tell him to

read Matthew Chapter 5 & then walked away. :)

Upvote 0