Florida
✟324,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I want to surrender my will to God. Is there a prayer I can pray for him to take over? How do I begin this change?

Thank you :)

To surrender your will to God is to subject yourself to Christ and his Church. Obey his commandments and participate in the sacraments.

Google "theosis". Learn its meaning and work towards it.

• Informative
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I want to surrender my will to God. Is there a prayer I can pray for him to take over? How do I begin this change?

Thank you :)
The carnal mind is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. Scripture is clear that in our flesh, we are imperfect and liable to sin; however, we are alive in our spirit, renewed on our inner man by the Holy Ghost, which delights in the law of God in our mind. We desire with all of our might to obey perfectly the will of God, and surrender to him, which is commendable. The Holy Spirit helps us in this regard by establishing that desire within us as well as watering that seed, so that it eventually grows to be greatly fruitful unto God.

All of that being said, we will not overcome sin and have that promise by God through Christ fulfilled in us until we die and go to be with the Lord, and then the subsequent resurrection. This reminds us of our constant dependence upon the grace and mercy of our God, which helps us to walk humbly before him.

Just P.U.S.H, which means, Pray Until Something Happens. Never fails.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Are you in contact with a priest regularly now? I would suggest talking to him, preferably in the context of confession, and also ask if he particularly recommends any reading for you.

There are so many writings that are helpful. It's something that needs to seep into our spirit. Though it may happen differently for different people at different times, so it's best I think to be in contact with someone who can help guide - and so much the better if you can receive Sacraments from that person.

• Useful
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rubricnigel

Oct 17, 2018
Midwest
✟19,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lord have mercy.

As a new member (about a year now) i will say this, pray often and when you do believe!
Try to live righteously, uphold the commandments, and when you sin, confess. Afer you confess and pray, work hard to not redo the same mistakes.

God bless.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0