North Central
✟483,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know you are asking about studying, but have you ever just read a biblical book or letter as it was originally supposed to be read?

Ditto to that.
Also don't study like your doing it for college credit. You're doing it to read the Word of God.

I have started to go to a different church that uses the Revised Common Lexionary. I am doing the daily readings from it. For me it's more devotional. Just an idea!

Bible Reading Plans - Revised Common Lectionary (Complementary) - NKJV - Today's Reading

Upvote 0

RGW00

Jul 29, 2017
Kentucky
✟15,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am at a frustrating point in my Bible studies. I have tried study guides, the inductive study method, reading/highlighting/note-taking...I just cannot seem to find a way to study it that makes me feel like I am getting the most out of my readings (yes I have just simply and prayerfully read through the Bible many times).

What study method do you find most enriching for you?
My pastor once told me to read the Bible in no intention of studying it. Rather, read the Bible for God and let Him pour the knowledge into your head. Don't try to study it and treat it like college homework. Anytime you take a look at the Bible if you are a Christian, you feed the spirit. That spirit will get fed enough to where you have the wisdom and it will come naturally to you. Its a gradual process, don't rush it!

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am at a frustrating point in my Bible studies. I have tried study guides, the inductive study method, reading/highlighting/note-taking...I just cannot seem to find a way to study it that makes me feel like I am getting the most out of my readings (yes I have just simply and prayerfully read through the Bible many times).

Start teaching the bible to others. This will force you to study the Bible in new and rewarding ways.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
PT: i have never studied Gods Holy Word from Him in Jesus and Holy Spirit and through my Blessed Virgin Mother Mary. This may come across as boasting or preaching however it is not.

I wish to share from my heart how I read Gods Holy Word and every heart souls receives Jesus God and Holy Spirit and our Heavenly Mother differently in God our Heavenly Father including His Holy Sacred Gifts Blessings and Graces.

I pray first making The Sign of The Cross how Jesus taught me and ask Holy Spirit to guide me through His Teachings illuminating my heart and soul and God our Heavenly Father does this every time with sins from years ago and/or encouraging me to be kinder more loving peaceful in my heart and compassionate in my heart to all others, for my heart to melt and praying for this, many things, all in my heart, trusting in Jesus completely and trying to walk more in His Righteousness obeying Gods Holy Commandments keeping life basic simple as Jesus Holy Spirit and Mother Mary did.

God our Heavenly Father in Jesus and Holy Spirit has taught me so much over past years in His Holy Word speaking to my heart and calling me to do a great deal more for Him out of my Love for Him.

Jesus God Holy Spirit and Holy Mother Mary speak to me in Gods Holy Word to and through my heart is what I am trying to say. There is no study involved when I read Gods Holy Word

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

without boasting about anything of myself i can say i have never read the whole Bible i.e. from the first to the last page, but have nevertheless had a gift/ability to understand/know the Word of the true God including what is written in Scripture, and it is the very practice of faith through which God has made me have that gift/ability, what is important is that the faith be practiced right (enough)

Blessings

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm very simple about it; not much studying than it is reading and thinking about it. I try to reconcile and connect it all; understanding it with the Gospels being central having Jesus at the center. Plus reading and thinking about what others believe helps too.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, I have found informal study groups enriching.

With regard to individual study, I suggest this method
1) read the passage.
2) state what you think it means
3) pray about being each person in the passage
4) had the passage again
5) silently wait (the Holy Spirit may give you insight then or later)

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is the easiest question ever to answer...
Go out and put into practice what you read that Jesus says to Do.

Pray for what he tells us to pray for.

Recieve what he offers us

Do as he says.

This will 100% garanteed .utterly transform all your study of the word of God.
Because Jesus said a hearer that is not a doer is self decieved.

Jesus said his bread is to DO the father's will.

The milk of the word is learning it like a baby.
The meat of the word is Doing it.
When we don't DO it..we remain like babies in a cot sucking on a bottle.

The Sunday clubs are like day care centers filled with adults in diapers sucking on bottles. Quite embarrassing really.

Go Do what you read... And your study of what you read will become alive..invigorating..transforming..amazing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor

What about How to Read the Bible for All It's Worth by Gordon Fee?

And Derek Prince testimony, how he was a Cambridge Philosophy lecturer but did not understand the Bible until he was given the Holy Spirit.

Maybe an online college could help, like mine, C3 College. Simple stuff, like sixth grade school.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Well, I do some of my best studies by debating various topics online. I also do some great studies through online study threads on a particular book of the Bible, too.

I started a study thread on all the stories of the Bible at ChristianChat when I used to be a member there.

You can check that out here:

A Study of the Scriptures: All the Stories in the Bible. - Christian Chat Rooms & Forums

I also joined in a study thread on the book of Job at TheologyOnline and that was very fruitful, too.

You can check that out there:

Bible Study - the Book of Job

Side Note:

Please take note that I was wrongfully banned at ChristianChat for the apparent reason that I was judging somebody's salvation personally (when I did not do so). There was no warning or anything. I was just banned. In fact, one week prior I was goaded by a lady there to judge her salvation personally and I refused to do so. So it appears that they just wanted to get rid of me because of my preaching of God's Word that is not popular among the masses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You should see the dumbfounded look on my face right now. It's the same look I get when I read Revelation. It's a bit like
View attachment 204563

I have made a rather lengthy "Chronology of the End Times" (Beginning with the Pre-Trib Rapture and ending with the New Earth) here at CF; This obviously includes many Scriptural references from Revelation. If you are interested, you can check that out here:

Pre-Trib Only - A Chronology of the End Times

Side Note:

Please understand that this is one proposed version of how things may play out in the future during the End Times. I am not stating them as fact because they have not happened yet.

Upvote 0