• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured How do you stay pure?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by VMaeLove, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Esther2286

Esther2286 New Member

+19
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi there,

One thing that really helps me to keep the right focus in life, is to start my day with the Lord, by reading scriptures. I normally spend the first few hours in the morning by reading the Bible. When I was working, I woke up a half-hour early and spent that time reading the Bible and praying. On my way to work, I prayed. It didn’t mean that everything was “roses” but I feel that it continued to build me up so that I didn’t feel crushed by the things going on around me.

In May, I started to read the Bible through with a group of girlfriends and that has been both exciting, because we are not journeying alone, and enlightening. I’ve always felt that the best way to know how to handle life is to know the Word of God. You are so smart to look for verses in the Bible that help with the trials and temptations that you are dealing with.

I believe the changes in our nature, as we draw closer to the Lord, draw us toward finding comfort from other people with the same mindset and sometimes that closes down or changes the relationships with our old friendships. I hope these two verses help you. God be with you as you continue to grow in Him.

Isaiah 43:19

Do not call to mind the former things; pay no attention to the things of old. 19Behold, I am about to do something new; even now it is coming. Do you not see it? Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness and streams in the desert.

Philippians 4:8
    Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

2. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+1,711
    Christian
    Married
    "temptation".. I believe you me are here in this time and age for a reason. There is NO temptation that can over take you. He has made away out every time :)

3. faith confidence hope

faith confidence hope New Member

+1
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Someone posted what I thought was really the best idea and the best way for a person to keep themselves pure.

They said more or less just staying away from others who influence or intice us to do sinful things. This is really the best thing to do. But for overall mankind in general, most people in most situations it is impossible to always do this. The Bible shows this is the case as it explains how the Levitical Priesthood was designed to offer sacrifice and atonement for sin.

Also, the New Testament explains that it is impossible to be perfect and impossible to always please God.

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. All we are can do it ask God to forgive us and repent.

4. JIMINZ

JIMINZ Well-Known Member

+1,650
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    Jas. 1:14
    But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Jas. 1:15
    Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Mar 7:20-23
    20) And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
    21) For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
    22) Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
    23) All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.