✟1,002,632.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hello joined2krist;

Is it possible to rub two sticks together and spark a fire with some dry stubble?

I tried that once but all i got was sore paws!

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟143,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When you don't have Matches or a Lighter at home and Stores are all closed around your area?

P.s: For cooking
at home?

9vlt battery and steel wool. it's like using a lighter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Greengardener

for love is of God
Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
While it won't work for this instance if your need is immediate and you can't borrow a match from the neighbor, it might be a good idea to keep matches in a tight jar (waterproof). Thankfully they are still not a high priced item. The alternatives are also good, like magnifying glass on dry grass or paper or the battery trick. Seems there is a magnesium strip that makes short work for starting a fire.

• Useful
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟304,048.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
While it won't work for this instance if your need is immediate and you can't borrow a match from the neighbor, it might be a good idea to keep matches in a tight jar (waterproof). Thankfully they are still not a high priced item. The alternatives are also good, like magnifying glass on dry grass or paper or the battery trick. Seems there is a magnesium strip that makes short work for starting a fire.
Something to keep on my honey do list.

Upvote 0

Waymarker

May 5, 2009
✟12,133.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I bought myself these two firemaking items earlier this year in case there's a longterm power failure, the top one is a metal rod and flinty scraper to make sparks, and the bottom one is a bag of tinder to take the sparks.
Once the tinder is alight, you add newspaper and twigs etc to get a real blaze going..:)

shtf-striker-tinder.png

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I bought myself these two firemaking items earlier this year in case there's a longterm power failure, the top one is a metal rod and flinty scraper to make sparks, and the bottom one is a bag of tinder to take the sparks.
Once the tinder is alight, you add newspaper and twigs etc to get a real blaze going..:)

shtf-striker-tinder.png

Those are two critical tools. You don't need the flint striker as any reasonably sharp edge, such as the back of a knife blade, will do. But of course the striker is nice to have. Remember to gather the required fuels first.

BTW, I use my fire steel a lot to light my charcoal chimney and outdoor fireplace, as the steel works better in the wind than matches.

Reactions: Waymarker
Upvote 0