✟100,160.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
To social media insults?
You don't. People who insults online only wants a reaction. Give them none. And if it can amount to legal defamation or tortious interference, save the posts and take legal action. No need to inform them personally. Just go full lawyer on them. Don't waste your time and emotion on online trolls. If they crossed the line just take them for everything they have legally. For anything less ignore it.

• Agree
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟64,068.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
To social media insults?
If someone is insulting you they're in the wrong and if you're insulting someone then you're in the wrong. You have to try your best and be patient with them, to continue with them and bear in love with them (Colossians 3:13). When a brother or sister in the faith insults you or is hostile it doesn't mean that the person who did it is not a Christian, just that they're making a mistake. The thing to do is to ignore the insult and remind them that we are to not act like the world and if we disagree then we should do so in the love & grace our Lord has given us. Disagreement amongst brothers and sisters or with others can glorify God when we do it rightly and in a right heart.

If you're struggling with this pray to your loving Father in Heaven for guidance and help in emulating Him with a true heart.

Luke 6:28 1 Corinthians 13:1

God bless :heart:

Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟64,068.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
If they crossed the line just take them for everything they have legally.
Brother wouldn't it be better if to the best of your ability you pursue peace and forgive the person who has wronged you?

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
To social media insults?
I "embrace" them. I am the kind of person who will join Facebook groups aimed at offending me and my personal life. I've learned the more I accept an insult, the less I tend to react to it; while the more sensitive I am to an insult, the more I tend to feel hurt. Let people say what they will, it doesn't actually matter.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Jesus tells us to bless when we are cursed.

I'm also of the opinion that social media is one of the worst things we've ever come up with as a species.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So then, do you feel like or want to threaten most all the world , media, governments , religions and so forth ?

Remember Jesus always obeyed His Father , in all that Jesus Did/Does, and all that Jesus said/says.

Go and do likewise.
You are replying nothing according to previous message

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,160.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Brother wouldn't it be better if to the best of your ability you pursue peace and forgive the person who has wronged you?

There are degrees to the pursue of peace. Minor insults and disagreements by all means do so. However when what they post crosses into destroying your future prospects, you have to take retaliatory action. The problem with nice people who let others walk over them is that the attacks will never stop. If such online post can damage your reputation such as the Nicholas Sandman case (Covington high) or causes business harm such as the Gibson's Bakery case (Oberlin College) you have to take strong decisive action - legally of course.

From both personal and observational experiences when you're a target of harassments, all your love ones suffer with you. When they see you in such a state they themselves will have no peace in their hearts. The more you kneel over and play the "turn the other cheek" the more your love ones will suffer. You're not taking such strong actions to regain your pride or ego. You have to do it so your love ones can be relieved of their worries. You save them by saving yourself in cases like these.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟64,068.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
There are degrees to the pursue of peace. Minor insults and disagreements by all means do so. However when what they post crosses into destroying your future prospects, you have to take retaliatory action. The problem with nice people who let others walk over them is that the attacks will never stop. If such online post can damage your reputation such as the Nicholas Sandman case (Covington high) or causes business harm such as the Gibson's Bakery case (Oberlin College) you have to take strong decisive action - legally of course.

From both personal and observational experiences when you're a target of harassments, all your love ones suffer with you. When they see you in such a state they themselves will have no peace in their hearts. The more you kneel over and play the "turn the other cheek" the more your love ones will suffer. You're not taking such strong actions to regain your pride or ego. You have to do it so your love ones can be relieved of their worries. You save them by saving yourself in cases like these.
Matthew 5:42-48, Matthew 18:23-33 :heart:.

• Friendly
Reactions: IceJad
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,160.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 5:42-48, Matthew 18:23-33 :heart:.
That doesn't cover all the nuance of harassments. Firstly let's look at Matthew 5:42-48. Do good to those who wronged you. It doesn't stop you from praying and offering arbitration if they request for it even after you have taken legal case against them. You're not taking legal action against them out of spite or hate, you're seeking a course of action to enforce justice for yourself. Mercy can't go without justice neither can justice goes without mercy. The legal case taken against them is to protect you from further injustice. Like I said you don't suffer alone even if you wanted to believe so. What if by not taking action the attacks don't stop? Will you be willing to continue to do good to the other at the expense of your love ones? Will you let your business fail and personal reputation burn if the other side is determined to ruin you at all cost? Will you let your love ones shoulder the fallout of your be good to the other side?

Then Matthew 18:23–33. The verse is telling you to show the same grace that God has shown to us. However in cases of harassments, we are not the person on the offensive but the person being offended upon. We are not requesting a repayment of debt or sin being owed to us. We are the ones being denied grace (provided you didn't provoke the attack prior).

We hope that the world is full of people who will see the error of their ways and come around. Certain people don't come around. Unfortunately that is the fact of life. We have to be smart when navigating the challenges of life.

The Bible has guidelines on how to act but we are also given the Holy Spirit to counsel us when things are not so clear cut in the bible. Remember John 21:25 not everything from God can be recorded down hence the promised guide in the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Jesus threatened some ones that were insulting holy spirit

Not a threat. But a warning. He warned that while blasphemy against the Son would be forgiven, blasphemy against the Spirit wouldn't. That is, if they continued in their obstinate unbelief and rejection of God's work they would ultimately cut themselves off from forgiveness completely. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is generally agreed to be, across Church traditions and denominations, a life-long, complete rejection of God's forgiveness. In other words, the reason why blasphemy against the Spirit is called unpardonable isn't because God is unwilling or unable to forgive it, but because such blasphemy is constituted by the complete rejection and refusal of forgiveness.

Those speaking wicked things against the Lord could still find mercy and forgiveness, but if they continued in the things they were doing, the day would come when they no longer could repent, for they would be dead and facing the judgment.

So even here Jesus is telling them they can repent and find life, so not a threat, but a warning, and a call to repentance and faith.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not a threat. But a warning. He warned that while blasphemy against the Son would be forgiven, blasphemy against the Spirit wouldn't. That is, if they continued in their obstinate unbelief and rejection of God's work they would ultimately cut themselves off from forgiveness completely. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is generally agreed to be, across Church traditions and denominations, a life-long, complete rejection of God's forgiveness. In other words, the reason why blasphemy against the Spirit is called unpardonable isn't because God is unwilling or unable to forgive it, but because such blasphemy is constituted by the complete rejection and refusal of forgiveness.

Those speaking wicked things against the Lord could still find mercy and forgiveness, but if they continued in the things they were doing, the day would come when they no longer could repent, for they would be dead and facing the judgment.

So even here Jesus is telling them they can repent and find life, so not a threat, but a warning, and a call to repentance and faith.

-CryptoLutheran
those words are synonymous

Upvote 0

Br4nd0n

Mar 24, 2017
Canada
✟71,497.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To social media insults?
If people are resorting to insulting you online, its not worth your time in responding or dwelling on it.

Ive dealt mostly with insults to my face recently, the kind where people make fun of you while you are in the room and act like you are too stupid to know they are talking about you. Ive learned to set my pride aside (or try to) and just move on. And if i have to deal with those same people later on, i just put on a persona like we are in good standing, and carry on in a civil fashion.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship