How do you prevent spread of head lice, bed bugs, parasites, fleas ... ?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The people have dealt with all these things for over a century, and learned (sometimes anyway) how to effectively deal with all of them. (with and without money)

How did doctors learn how not to cause the death of pregnant women and newborn babies ?

The midwives knew all along, and thus the babies they delivered were much much much more likely to survive, and usually did, than babies born to /with / doctors in hospitals for decades or longer. (maybe still today - realizing some emergency situations are taken to hospitals when that is the best option available, both to midwives and mothers and for doctors).

HOW DID THE CITIES, that avoided the deaths during the plagues in europe hundreds of years ago , how did the cities, the families, the people avoid getting sick , avoid dying ?

When people in neighboring cities were dropping like flies ? (so to speak)

Finding out can help to NOT REPEAT HISTORY.

hint: Those people who did not get sick, who did not die, from the serious , very serious plague
(s)
, did so without drugs. without pharmacy. without doctors. without hospitals.

It is possibly worth noting, that today one of the fastest growing causes of death (besides also disease?) is medicine, according to the ama and fda and cdc websites/ statistics....

So it pays to find out. (not in money, but in better lives)

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The people have dealt with all these things for over a century, and learned (sometimes anyway) how to effectively deal with all of them. (with and without money)

How did doctors learn how not to cause the death of pregnant women and newborn babies ?

The midwives knew all along, and thus the babies they delivered were much much much more likely to survive, and usually did, than babies born to /with / doctors in hospitals for decades or longer. (maybe still today - realizing some emergency situations are taken to hospitals when that is the best option available, both to midwives and mothers and for doctors).

HOW DID THE CITIES, that avoided the deaths during the plagues in europe hundreds of years ago , how did the cities, the families, the people avoid getting sick , avoid dying ?

When people in neighboring cities were dropping like flies ? (so to speak)

Finding out can help to NOT REPEAT HISTORY.

hint: Those people who did not get sick, who did not die, from the serious , very serious plague
(s)
, did so without drugs. without pharmacy. without doctors. without hospitals.

It is possibly worth noting, that today one of the fastest growing causes of death (besides also disease?) is medicine, according to the ama and fda and cdc websites/ statistics....

So it pays to find out. (not in money, but in better lives)
Google how to get rid of bedbugs.
You can use pesticides against bed bugs.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The people have dealt with all these things for over a century, and learned (sometimes anyway) how to effectively deal with all of them.

Keep more distance, less kissing strangers.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The point was not to worry about the virus, any virus --- how to get rid of them - simple...
The Chinese have developed treatment and quarantine to reduce spread. They approved two drugs plus quinone. They have used blood plasma therapy as recovered people have antibodies to overcome the coronavirus. They used interferon and have been testing numerous antivirals including Remdesivir.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
;

The answer was cleanliness, wash one's hands after examining a patient in clean water.
You will find this in the OT rules about cleanliness and they still apply.

• Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Coronavirus and “Alternative” Treatments - Barefoot Doctors Journal
Herbs and Corona Virus

"For over 2000 years the Chinese have used an herb called Ban Lan Gen in the treatment of colds and flu viruses. Currently in Wuhan and other hospitals in China western doctors and traditional Chinese medical doctors are working side by side. The Chinese are using their complete armamentarium of anti-viral herbs to fight this disease. When western scientists come up with an anti-viral drug that works the Chinese will use it wholeheartedly but in the absence of an effective western drug, there is no way you are going to stop the Chinese from using things like ban Lan get that they themselves have found to be safe and effective in the past. According to the World Health Organization, the fact that an herbal treatment has been used for thousands of years in a culture is evidence of its safety and efficacy, not the gold standard of evidence but evidence nonetheless. These herbs are effective enough to currently be under clinical trials in the US.

Efficacy and safety of Ban-Lan-Gen granules in the treatment of seasonal influenza: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial Efficacy and safety of Ban-Lan-Gen granules in the treatment of seasonal influenza: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial"

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Contrary to popular opinion, the purpose of the pharmaceutical industry is not to save lives, but make $trillions profits.

Quick miracle cures do not make profits.
Lengthy treatment regimes using daily drugs make vast profits.

Take your pick.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Contrary to popular opinion, the purpose of the pharmaceutical industry is not to save lives, but make $trillions profits.

Quick miracle cures do not make profits.
Lengthy treatment regimes using daily drugs make vast profits.

Take your pick.
I thought being a Pharmacist would be a great job - could go almost anywhere and make 'good' money easy - $100,000 per year was and is common for their salary.

Never heard a bad word about Pharmacy, other than occasional news about death from a bad drug. Or birth defects.

So I was shocked to find out while in Pharmacy, otherwise ..... NOT ONE person, pastor , teacher, professional or not, NOT ONE warned me about the trouble with Pharmacy.... until I was inside Pharmacy.

They did not even hide it. (the Pharmacists and other workers, the doctors at the hospitals I worked at, even the Pastors at churches I was a member in or just visiting).

Why?

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Just an idea.-
For ages I have had a squirty bottle in the back of my car filled with a mixture of washing up detergent and water. I use it to wash my hands whenever I fiddle with the car or am doing something messy outside, or get back from the shops and find my hands are sticky from leaking food.

Everybody seems to use hand gel these days, but all that does is sterilise the dirt as you spread it around your skin. The dirt doesn't actually get removed.
My hand wash mixture has enough moisture to cleanse your hands properly and then I wipe it off on a tissue or small towel I keep in the car.

Now before people berate me with its lack of sterilising ability, the other day I added a good measure of surgical spirit, maybe 25% to the mix, and it immediately turned white with the emulsification. I now have the best of both worlds, I can cleanse and sterilise my hands and then wipe the wet off with a tissue.

Many shops are running out of hand gel and this is in my view a better and cheaper substitute, and it leaves the hands spotless. Even my wife thinks its great.
Its also great for cleaning surfaces, or handles on shopping carts, or a café table before you eat.

If you can't find surgical spirit, try vodka, meths etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums