✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
by going to the hospital and checking it out
Yes! Also by inquiring from people that were treated there if they were satisfied with their treatment and most importantly if they were healed.

• Agree
Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you needed a surgery how would you have picked the best hospital to have the operation at?
There is different church service times to go to at the churches here,where I live at,and I was trying to find out what church service time they would have to where they would have people my age group because I like to go to church and meet people my age,and the woman that I was trying to talk to hung up on me, I found this church I was going to try on Sunday,now I'm not so sure I want to even go there,after getting hung up on like that.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Unless you think that it doesn't matter what the doctrines, beliefs, etc. of a church happen to be--and most people do not think that way--I would recommend doing a little study on what the history and nature of the denominations are. Do that first.

The average library has plenty of books that deal with this subject, such as Handbook of Denominations in the United States. Then you can sort out the possible congregations that are available to you.

Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unless you think that it doesn't matter what the doctrines, beliefs, etc. of a church happen to be--and most people do not think that way--I would recommend doing a little study on what the history and nature of the denominations are. Do that first.

The average library has plenty of books that deal with this subject, such as Handbook of Denominations in the United States. Then you can sort out the possible congregations that are available to you.
okay great that is a great idea thank you

Upvote 0

Seadish

Oct 16, 2018
Colorado
✟33,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with Albion and yet for me there is more in my 25 yrs of attending and serving different churches I have met as I believe Christ says very few who truly walk closely with him. It is not about the people for me people will be people it is simply about the word being preached and whether or not I see (prayerfully through the Spirit leading me) the Preacher living and walking the word he speaks.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With so many churches to choose from,how do you pick a really good one?
Attend a different church or denomination each Sunday. My wife and I did this for about a year staying with the friendly ones a while.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Might want to try a Reformed Church where they teach straight from the Book. And take communion often.
M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,915.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I let God bring me to the Catholic Church. It wasn't easy at first because of my Protestant upbringing but as God showed me his acceptance of the teachings I embraced and found the wonders of the Eucharist. Praise God.

Upvote 0