colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This started to come up in another thead. So here is a question for the guys. How to you treat girls differently so that they know they are different and unique in the eyes of God? How does that treatment change when the girl is someone you are dating or courting?

And for the ladies what have men done or would like them to do that made you recognize the special dignity you have as a female?

Reactions: Rising_Suns

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I guess I'll start. For me there see basic things every guy should do to treat a woman with dignity. Open the door for them, walk on the street side of the side walk, etc. I say this for two reasons. First, it tells every woman that they special and cared for in the eyes of God. Second, for me at least these actions are a reminder to be feminine. When I was younger I experienced hitting, kicking, tripping, and cursing at the hands of boys my age because I was fat. Over the years I grew to be very independant because of this and can put a I can take care of myself air out there. Men opening doors for me, and other actions similar to that remind me that I am delicate, created female by God, and inspire in me the desire to be cared for.
Plus, by allowing a guy to open the car door or the door to a restaurant I am letting him know that God has created him in unique masculine way, and that he is to be a protector and leader.

Reactions: Dream
Upvote 0

holyorders

Miserable Pile of Secrets
Aug 27, 2004
✟3,631.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I let the lady be the first one to spit.

I let the lady be the driver for the getaway car.

I give the lady fancy cubic zirconia earrings.

I trust the lady with my prized talking fish trophy.

;)

[I put some serious ones in later, I promise :)]

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Tell a girl you admire her on Valentine's day. You don't have to have a girlfriend to show a woman that God is working in her life. Send a Valentine to your friends who are girls letting them know that you see God working in the (modesty, chastity, humility, etc.). So many times girls feel that no one notices or wants a girl with these qualities. Though if you see just a friend and want to keep it at that make sure sure you say something along the lines of as your friend I ....so that you gaurd her heart. I had a guy friend that used to being all his singles friends who were girls a rose on Valentine's day, and it was always a reminder that I was cherished by God and that someday a man could love me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faerieevaH

lucky wife
Dec 27, 2003
USA
✟28,950.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How my husband makes me feel special...

This is an incomplete list. I can never exhaust the ways.

- He says thank you each time I take care of food. Even if it is just taking out the cereal and putting the bowls on the table.

- He opens the cardoor for me, every single time

- He offers to carry things

- He reaches out just to touch my hand

- The first thing he does when coming home, is coming for a kiss. (And I go to the door to meet him to give it)

- He asks how my day was and tells me about his day

(more to come later)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 30, 2007
✟7,663.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Taking a genuine interest in the things a woman loves is definitely a good way of going about it. My fiance buys me little plush bears because he knows I love them and he sincerely enjoys seeing my smile when I receive them. That's just one example! I love that my man not only allows and encourages me to be myself, to be feminine, but also celebrates my role as a woman, as his soul mate, by taking pride in and dutifully being the protector and leader in our relationship. There is an incredible amount of mutual admiration, love, and respect for each other as individuals that it makes us a better team because we value one another, we appreciate each other.

Reminding your partner everyday that they're important not only to you, but to the world, makes a big difference.

Upvote 0

Globalnomad

Senior Veteran
Apr 2, 2005
Change countries every three years
✟16,257.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't really need to be made to feel special as a woman all the time, even by my husband (remember of course that we have been married 20 years!) Regular cuddling, appreciating my cooking and the occasional bouquet of roses does it. That's just basics. (I reciprocate with shutting up when he does not feel communicative, bringing him tea/coffee ten times a day, and other little shows of deference).

What I need is for men to treat me as one of them. No, not "one of the guys" - but "one of us human beings". Listen to what I say, respect my opinions, argue with me intelligently if they don't agree, don' t treat me as a being from another planet. And be comfortable with my female approach to business - I will be more emotional in a meeting, I will not be afraid to express intuitions, I will talk about right and wrong more often, rather than what is strategically advantageous. To value these differences, never denigrate them.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
I reciprocate with shutting up when he does not feel communicative
That's pretty essential for men. We (or at least I) generally tend to not want to verbalize very much. That's a problem I have with my mom. Whenever I visit home, I just want to relax, but she is non-stop questions. Sometimes (and I know this is bad), I end up saying something like, "Enough questions already!" :holy:

I used to think that I was a very emotionally expressive person, but I've learned that even if my emotional state is very intense at certain moments, I may not feel like expressing it, esp. when I am in an uncomfortable situation, or depending on who I'm talking to. Or I may express it in other ways, which may come off as being passive-aggressive (which is why you should always be gentle and compassionate with a man who is being stand-off-ish, or at least for me). Holding in emotions isn't always good, because it leads to a lot of pent up negative (or even positive) emotions, and that wreaks havoc on me, emotionally and physically.

I have to be extremely comfortable with whoever I'm around to reveal my thoughts and feelings to them, and that makes me feel like a very closed-off individual (which some people wrongly perceive as me being stuck-up). In fact, sometimes when I get frustrated, I will intentionally close myself off from the rest of the world, which is OK for a time so that that you can think and recuperate, but if you stay detached from your friends and family for too long, it becomes destructive, which is something I've really had to work on. An analogy I can think of is going out for a night with the guys, versus drinking alone, possibly to the point of alcoholism.

OK, that's kind of off-topic, but there you go, for what it's worth. I will say one more thing though. If a (your) man isn't being very talkative, he may be expressing himself some other way. Look for what he's doing, what he's working on, what music he's listening to, what shows he watches, and just acknowledge him and his interests. Don't patronize him with 20 questions, just find a few little things you genuinely like about what he does and tell him that you think he's cool. Really, it's not any more complicated than that. For instance, for me, my music is my world. It's how I express myself in a non-self verbal/instrumental way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.