• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

How do you like to dress for church?

Discussion in 'Conservative Christianity' started by LovebirdsFlying, Nov 20, 2011.

How do you like to dress for church?

1. I dress formally or "business casual." I believe we should look our best for the Lord.

2. I wear very casual clothes, but I make sure they are clean and in good repair.

3. I don't care what I wear to church, even if it has stains or rips.

4. Other. I'll explain in the thread.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ItIsFinished!

ItIsFinished! Jesus Christ is our only hope.

+1,123
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I dress like Don Draper.

2. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+8,851
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    It matters not what is on the outside. God is only interested in your soul. Some people worry too much about what others are wearing in church.

3. JamieRedheadUK

JamieRedheadUK Anglican

+36
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    I dress the best I can usually. Suit for high mass, shirt and trousers for other times. But NOONE in my church would be turned away due to appearance. If they were in rags the pastoral team would approach delicately but never would a soul be thrown out. It is staggering to think this happens and that some people would defend it.

Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

4. Lost4words

+8,851
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    I agree. Everyone should be welcome.

5. KitKat1230

KitKat1230 Truth Seeker

+65
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    When I go to church, I like to look my best. For clothes, it depends. Sometimes I'll wear a dress or a nice shirt and a skirt, and if it's cold I'll wear them with leggings, or I'll wear a dressy shirt and jeans. For shoes, I like to wear either open-toed heels, a nice pair of sandals, or heeled boots. I'll also wear lipstick, some jewelry (a necklace and a couple rings) and some perfume.

6. Lost4words

+8,851
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    I always make sure i have my best collar on.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. LovebirdsFlying

LovebirdsFlying My husband drew this cartoon of me. Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+3,509
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I for one can’t believe this thread is still going. :angel:

8. jhjhh

jhjhh New Member

+16
    Finland
    Non-Denom
    Single
    If you are talking with someone you can just talk without any distractions so to be speak. Lets say you are wearing something which brings my attention to that rather than to your speech. I try to keep that in mind when buying clothes. Not necessiary for church only, but in general.

9. bèlla

bèlla ma belle vie Supporter

+13,300
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I wear what I want. My style is classy. Whether I'm dressing up or casual, I'll look fine. I attend non denominational churches. Younger demographics skew more relaxed than older ones. Our church had an evening service that was very laid back. They encouraged beachgoers to drop in on their way home. The atmosphere was warmer and fellowship improved.

Nevertheless, the fashion police exists. They need to mind their business. God didn't tell them to monitor anyone's clothing or gossip with other members. They're busybodies and shouldn't be encouraged.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

10. ItIsFinished!

ItIsFinished! Jesus Christ is our only hope.

+1,123
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I don't want to assume, that said, is that you in your avatar?

11. bèlla

bèlla ma belle vie Supporter

+13,300
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    No, and I wouldn't wear that to church. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Taodeching

Taodeching Well-Known Member

+634
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I dress very formally, that is how I was raised with respect

13. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 Pax et bonum! CF Ambassadors Supporter

+9,389
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    Some years ago, I was away on retreat with the Franciscans at a priory. After breakfast they invited me to have fellowship with them, to spend time with them in prayer, join the daily Eucharist, and to share lunch and afternoon tea with them.

I declined their warm hospitality, because I was absolutely determined I wanted to walk to the nearest town and explore its many attractions. I was already warned of the inclement conditions, the distance by foot, and the long arduous journey home, but my mind was already made up. I had to go.

About three quarters into the journey, and having already walked many miles, it started to rain. It rained in torrents. I was on a lonely country road in the middle of nowhere. There was no place I could take refuge or shelter. By the time I changed my mind and decided to turn return back, it was already too late. I was soaked from head to toe, covered in dirt and mud. Humiliated and embarrassed, I turned up at the doors of the priory and expecting to be chastised for not heeding the friars' advice, I was warmly welcomed, offered the opportunity to get dried, showered and changed into comfortable warm clothes, as well as being offered refreshments.

Is the Lord really worried about how we show up at church, the clothes we wear, whether we look immaculate or unkempt. I prefer to think that He is just so pleased that we are there. Whether we turn up haggered, worn, tired or tattered, His love for us is so great that all He desires for us is that we find refuge, solace and comfort.

14. jhjhh

jhjhh New Member

+16
    Finland
    Non-Denom
    Single
    My favorite combo, use it everywhere.
    IMG_20201212_131230.jpg

15. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Well-Known Member

+562
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I wear a golf shirt, shorts, & sandals in nice weather.

I wear a sweater, dress pants, & dress shoes in colder weather.