• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

How do you like to dress for church?

Discussion in 'Conservative Christianity' started by LovebirdsFlying, Nov 20, 2011.

How do you like to dress for church?

1. I dress formally or "business casual." I believe we should look our best for the Lord.

2. I wear very casual clothes, but I make sure they are clean and in good repair.

3. I don't care what I wear to church, even if it has stains or rips.

4. Other. I'll explain in the thread.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Devorim

Devorim Guest

+0
    GRIN!!
    Our anniversary is coming up. I should at least try it on......

2. ~Anastasia~

~Anastasia~ † Handmaid of God † CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+16,526
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Maybe you can have it refitted? :)

I would LOVE to take anniversary pictures with our wedding clothes (my husband owns his tux as well). But I'm afraid I can't fit in my wedding dress right now. Ironic, since I paid a tailor quite a sum to alter it down to fit me, and perhaps the original dress would fit now. ;)

(It was funny too, because of the design of the dress, he couldn't alter it to fit me perfectly, so he told me he would alter it and I had to lose 5 pounds, which I did!)

3. Devorim

Devorim Guest

+0
    I suppose I could have it altered, but I am having trouble finding a tailor. I have 6 pairs of pants that have been waiting.....
    !

4. LovebirdsFlying

LovebirdsFlying My husband drew this cartoon of me. Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+3,509
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    We've been married six years. There's a moderate difference in size since then. Both of us have lost weight. I don't know how it would fit me now. It's more of a special occasion dress, like Easter or Christmas, than a wedding gown. I can't find it now at the site where I bought it.

5. Star Adept

Star Adept Member

+13
    Non-Denom
    Single
    At the church I go to, attire is actually presented to us as "come as you are." My pastor founded it on his vision from God of a "new kind of Christian fellowship." Smack on the front of their website is something on the order of "We preach in jeans -- dress how you like."

6. nick garai

nick garai Senior Member

+49
    Messianic
    Single
    I just throw some sweat pants and a hoodie and a pair of sandals.

7. mafwons

mafwons Hi guys

+132
    Non-Denom
    Sandles are inappropriate, if its too cold out.

8. nick garai

nick garai Senior Member

+49
    Messianic
    Single
    :p

9. Upper Cut

Upper Cut Member

+12
    Lutheran
    Married
    I generally wear Blue Jeans and a T-shirt, I have on occasion worn a sport coat or a polo. Never had anyone mention anything to me about it.

However, growing up I was born into a nominally Mormon Family. I really enjoyed going to church, however their were times that I was physically refused entry into the sanctuary for not having a shirt with an collar and tie. And if I remember it was with an hand on the chest.

10. RedPonyDriver

RedPonyDriver Professional Pot Stirrer

+2,415
    United States
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Democrat
    At my church it runs the gamut...shorts and t-shirts to dress slacks and sportscoats. Our "dress code" is please wear clothes. I don't wear shorts...too chubby. Jeans, a skirt, nice top, shoes or sandals/flip flops...

11. Thunder Peel

Thunder Peel You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.

+2,476
    Baptist
    Married
    I'm pretty casual.

12. rockytopva

rockytopva Love to pray! :) Supporter

+6,946
    Pentecostal
    Single
    This coat sure would look good with dress pants shirt and tie!
    [​IMG]

13. Antioch88

Antioch88 New Member

+1
    Christian
    Married
    My girls and I wear long skirts, my husband and the boys wear slacks and a button up shirt.

14. ~Anastasia~

~Anastasia~ † Handmaid of God † CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+16,526
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Hello Antioch88, and welcome to CF!

I pray that you are blessed by being here. :) If you need any help finding your way around, or have any questions, please let us know! We would be happy to help. Again, welcome to the forums!

15. sparkle123

sparkle123 Active Member Supporter

+185
    Christian
    Married
    I dress modestly and wear long (knee to floor length) dresses or skirts to Sunday liturgy. I usually cover my arms (I have ugly tattoos on right arm) but rarely will wear 3/4 sleeves. I'm not always very formally dressed though. Last Sunday I wore my teva sandals with a long skirt. I sometimes walk the three miles home since I don't have a car. I don't think God minds. Modesty and humility seem more important to me than being dolled up but sometimes I do that too.

At weekday services I wear jeans sometimes, especially if I'm rushing in from housework or regular work. I'd prefer not to but in a pinch I'd rather just get to church. My non church attire is generally pretty modest anyway.

16. Wolfe

Wolfe Pack Leader

+1,073
    United States
    Anabaptist
    Single
    US-Others
    I don't go to church currently, though I'm going to.
    I don't really have 'dress' shirts, and the only thing I ever wear out in public, is a red flannel button up shirt, blue jeans, and a brown hat.

17. sparkle123

sparkle123 Active Member Supporter

+185
    Christian
    Married
    Sorry, for some reason I got a picture of Ignatius J Reilly in my head. ;)

18. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+16,297
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I kind of dress conservatively. The key is probably not to draw attention to oneself.

Some churches might prefer long sleeves, but I guess you prefer long sleeves because you now don't like your tattoos; maybe a bit of ink touch up and/or redesign might help you be less self conscious? (Just my 2c...)

19. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+16,297
    Non-Denom
    Married
    God bless you guys!

20. Proud Bible Believer

Proud Bible Believer *Blessed*

+56
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    I personally will only wear dresses or skirts. I do not think it is proper and now this is my opinion I do not think it is proper for a woman to wear blue jeans or slacks in church.