Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟61,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I watched a lot of videos and read books where it said that while a person is being delivered, the demon comes out of the mouth and it's like the person is throwing up. How come when I cast out demons or watch a video of a preacher casting out demons, I don't feel anything?

Please don't answer if you are an unbeliever with "go see a doctor." I want real answers from Christians.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is better to attend deliverance ministries, in person, first. You can learn from the leadership what is happening. If you see the same stuff later, you'll better recognize it.

Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I watched a lot of videos and read books where it said that while a person is being delivered, the demon comes out of the mouth and it's like the person is throwing up. How come when I cast out demons or watch a video of a preacher casting out demons, I don't feel anything?

Please don't answer if you are an unbeliever with "go see a doctor." I want real answers from Christians.
Sounds intense. I just became that much more grateful for the kind of service for which God has made me useful. Whew. Scary, considering I've had my mild encounters. Thank you for your gift!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I have never heard of such a thing. And I've read 100's of tracts.
Tract Assortments

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you cast a demon out of someone else, why would you feel anything outside of a possible adrenaline rush...?
That is a function of the gift of discerning of spirits. You need to be able to confirm expulsion.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That is a function of the gift of discerning of spirits. You need to be able to confirm expulsion.
That doesn't seem to square with the accounts of exorcism in the Gospels and Acts. From those narratives, it seemed clear to many witnesses that the demons were exorcised, and most of these witnesses did not have the Holy Spirit at the time. It was a sign to the unbelievers that the Kingdom of God had come upon them.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Real demonic possession appears to be a very rare thing. Demonic oppression might be a bit more common, but still not overly so. I do not know if there is any sure way to know if someone has been delivered, other than to see over a period of time if their life has changed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums