How do you know when God says to "WAIT" or "NO"??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,047.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The conscience is part of your spirit and as such is sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading. A lot of times people de-sensitize the conscience,,,you can see that alot in the threads where people are so adament in defending their position. So we really have to double check our beliefs and stay truer to ourselves instead of defending political correctness for the sake of "fitting in"
Common sence used to be a good guide too...also not so common anymore. I think we know what God says on a subject but don't always chose to follow that.
Another thing is to not act until we are sure. The bible says believe and it will come to pass. Do it all with prayer, and then wait for the answer. :) Pray and watch for answered prayer, Galations says is a part of your armour.

Upvote 0

autumnrose42

Ruler of my own Kingdom in the ocean!!
Jun 13, 2009
Sitting at my computer in a large city in AZ.
✟7,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agree completely with Evangelica.

I will add one more thing though..if there is any doubt in your mind that the answer could be "No" or "Not right now", then that is probably a very good indication of what God's answer is going to be. :)

Upvote 0

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all.. Hope your weekend went well. Here is a question I though to ask.
Thanks in advance. :)

GOD gave us free will to do as we please. If you really want to know GOD, then you must read HIS WORD. For in GOD'S WORD you shall find the answers of when to wait or no don't do it. After that the choice is yours. Now after you become ANOINTED by GOD with HIS HOLY SPIRIT the HOLY SPIRIT will tell you as HE becomes your:

1. GUIDE
2. COMFORTER
3. COMUNICATOR
4. TEACHER

If you are going to be part of the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD you MUST GIVE IT ALL TO GOD.

GOD demands that you give HIM your WHOLE heart, mind, strength, and soul. That means you go in prayer and tell GOD that you will do this and from that moment on seek GOD in all your decisions. After this is complete GOD will know. For HE searches the heart. HE will then send HIS HOLY SPIRIT ( ANOINTED-BORN AGAIN- SAVED ). For it is then that you shall receive the MISSION GOD has for just you and supply all your needs, even what you have not the ability to have.

Pick up GOD'S ROAD MAP to the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD ( BIBLE ) and start reading the NEW TESTIMENT till the next time you read it you will already know what IT'S going to say. For then it's locked in your heart to draw from for the rest of your life. You will NEVER be sorry you did.

Do yourself a BIG FAVOR and Start right now!!!

LOVE

steven :hug:

Upvote 0

AmeriLovesJesus

BELIEVING IS SEEING
Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟16,350.00
Faith
Christian
GOD gave us free will to do as we please. If you really want to know GOD, then you must read HIS WORD. For in GOD'S WORD you shall find the answers of when to wait or no don't do it. After that the choice is yours. Now after you become ANOINTED by GOD with HIS HOLY SPIRIT the HOLY SPIRIT will tell you as HE becomes your:

Is it normal to feel like the free will direction may seem easier/comfortable/familiar?? God direction wouldnt come off as easy correct?? Thnx

Upvote 0

Nobody1

Jun 5, 2009
✟499.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Spirit of the Prophet is controlled by the prophet. Those who do not know the difference between good and evil can not make such judgements.

Those who have faith through the Spirit of Christ, for them, all lights are green, and no man can stop them.

Upvote 0

butterflyring09

Jun 13, 2009
Whittier, CA
✟7,849.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

when in the attempt to do that thing that God is saying "WAIT" or "NO" about, you don't feel the underlying peace of God in your heart. Instead you're filled with doubts, hesitation, anxiety... :amen:

Upvote 0

BobW188

Growling Maverick
Jul 19, 2008
Southern Minnesota
✟10,103.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Several good answers here; but it's sort of hard to know whether the "wait" or "no" are from God without knowing they are about. Even Jesus in Gethsemane was filled with "hesitation" and "anxiety;" and sometimes if you wait until you're "sure," it's too late: the chance to act has passed. Doing God's will can be and in fact often is the easiest course: Christiianity isn't all crosses and lions!
Try putting yourself and your interests to one side, so to speak, then ask, "Is this what God would want for me? For others it would affect?" And, it goes without saying, keep praying for guidance! Listen to the advice and counsel of others, but remember: you will finally decide!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it normal to feel like the free will direction may seem easier/comfortable/familiar?? God direction wouldnt come off as easy correct?? Thnx

Free will is by no means is easier. In fact it can be much harder. You need to decide what is GOD'S WILL and what is your will, then decide which way you will go. For you always have the choice to do it GOD'S WAY or your way. It is true that GOD'S WAY is in conflict with the flesh so it may take real strength to resist.

LOVE

steven :hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.