How do you know if you have the real Jesus ?

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Below we see there are false christs, another jesus, antichrists, false prophets with false christs etc......

How do we know we have the right Jesus ?

What determines we believe in the real Jesus ?

Matthew 24:24
For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.

Mark 13:22
For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily.

You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed. NLT

1 John 2:18
Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour.

hope this helps !!!

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Below we see there are false christs, another jesus, antichrists, false prophets with false christs etc......

For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible.

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily.

You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed. NLT

Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour.

hope this helps !!!

The real Jesus is no bogus faith which harvest us nothing but spider nests hatching, but a true faith in God's gracious love which grows in our hearts and establishes right there the very Kingdom of God.

When we heed the living word in the Spirit of love for God and neighbour than we can always hear what He says and can be assured He dwells within us and works real, and lasting change.

John 14:1-3
Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

John 14:15-18
“If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you."

John 14:23-24
"Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.""

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't look very helpful.

It emphasizes on how there are false Christs, but not how to know for the paranoid.
So the question is how do we know the Truth from a Lie concerning the Person of Christ ?

He often asked who do people say that I Am ?

The Apostles in their writings identify who He is in many places.

The Jewish leaders also tried to stone Him several times for His claims.

What were those claims ?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So the question is how do we know the Truth from a Lie concerning the Person of Christ ?

He often asked who do people say that I Am ?

The Apostles in their writings identify who He is in many places.

The Jewish leaders also tried to stone Him several times for His claims.

What were those claims ?
In terms of Truth Jesus said three key things.

to the Father: Thy Word is Truth.

to those in Bondage: The Truth Will Set you Free.

in terms of Himself: I Am the Truth.

If something is spoken, written, applied, observed - what have you.

It must have these characteristics, it cannot lie, it must set you free, the word become flesh must become flesh in you.

If the truth does not become an intimate part of you - it is not truth, and it is not from Jesus. It may be a repetition of something He said even, but it lacks the dimension, it lacks the definition, it lacks the fullness - because it isn't real.

This understanding of truth is essential, because people will say things that are technically correct - but there is no truth.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It all comes back to the word.

In order to follow the true Jesus we must follow the word.

In Revelation the only one of the seven churches that was not condemned was Philadelphia. What did Philadelphia do right? They kept the word.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here are some passages where He claimed to be God and they tried to stone Him

John 5:16-18
So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jewish leaders began to persecute him. 17 In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” 18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

John 8:58-59

Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am !
59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

John 10:33
"We are not stoning You for any good work," said the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God."

John 19:7
"We have a law," answered the Jews, "and according to that law He must die, because He declared Himself to be the Son of God."

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yep, those who claim faith only, and that doing good, and being good are not a necessary part of salvation are not only following a false Christ, but are teaching "another" gospel, an easy gospel, and for the sole reason they want to be allowed to live in sin as well as go to heaven.

They have deluded themselves out of pure selfishness, don't let their false gospel, and their false Christ get to you.

Reactions: chad kincham
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

hope this helps !!!
All you are doing is pointing out that it is possible to accept a false Christ. The Bible reveals the true Lord Jesus. Stick to Him and you will not go wrong.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All you are doing is pointing out that it is possible to accept a false Christ. The Bible reveals the true Lord Jesus. Stick to Him and you will not go wrong.
And there is the Real Jesus who is God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yep, those who claim faith only, and that doing good, and being good are not a necessary part of salvation are not only following a false Christ, but are teaching "another" gospel, an easy gospel, and for the sole reason they want to be allowed to live in sin as well as go to heaven.

They have deluded themselves out of pure selfishness, don't let their false gospel, and their false Christ get to you.

Oh and you never judge.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And there is the Real Jesus who is God.
In which case, how does one know he or she has the real God?

I think Jesus gives us what can help . . . the Beatitudes, which have four ways to be >

poor in spirit

pure in heart

meek

merciful

. . . how God's love has us become so we are sharing with Him in how He is, not only labeling Jesus.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Spend time in the Word.
Spend time with God.
Spend time in prayer.

Stop taking your spiritual advice from the Internet. Go to the Source and let Him order your steps.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Did you disagree with someting I said? Are you saying that pointing out what is wrong as opposed to what is right, is judging?

If so, accuse Christ as well.

I do believe The Messiah is actually the Judge.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0