Sep 18, 2010
✟884,137.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is how I see Him, but I am sure one day I shall see Him clearly and all uncertainty and imagination will be clarified.

View attachment 282326

What do you think of this picture of our Lord?

20200807001301-95.195.130.254.jpg

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Maybe something like this but darker and bushier hair...and maybe wider nose.

For some reason I think he was small in stature or average and that His face was kinda Babyface...ish.

Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe in Images.. I am created in one. :)
I will give you this. Every time.. in every experience I have had with Him/Father/Holy Spirit... there are things you WANT to always ask but when He does show up in how ever He wants to.. you NEVER think of those things. They don't matter... His color you never care ..don't see. One you get lost in His eyes.. and the light..that in this world would blind you for life.. but with Him.. you can look and you never want to take your eyes away.

So I don't think about seeing His face.. oh I love seek Him daily.. I have as of late said sorry.. well I don't pray to see Him..I have this thirst this hunger to know the Father... And I never seek to see Him. To me thats not the answer.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
psalms say "oh king you are the most handsome among all men"
something similar

jesus with his glorified body surpasses any other man beauty

i believe this
Maybe after He had been to His father. However, I somehow believe that God wanted Him to be followed for His heart, actions and teachings... rather than His physical beauty...

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
While on this earth:

Isa_53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

After His resurrection He would have been slightly different, but still the disciples and Mary did finally, recognize Him. What He is like now, no one knows yet. The light emanating from Him is too bright to see Him clearly -- as Saul/Paul found out. So anyone claiming to know what He looks like now---has not seen the real Jesus, perhaps they saw an angel of light?

2Co_11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
Because all I have ever seen, whether it has been movies or painting, show Jesus as very Euro-friendly, usually olive skin, light brown hair, I have even seen one with blonde hair, blue eyes to appeal to Norwegians, I suspect. In paintings, he always is shown with a halo. It would be hard not to inquire about someone walking around with a halo.

But I imagine that his beauty came from within, rather than physical beauty. If he looked like George Clooney, passed because of his looks, it would be rather pointless, as well as imply that what society at the time thinks is beautiful (the world) is something we should aspire to. He was born and died very humbly. What set him apart from the religious leaders was that he freed them, rather than burden them, with scripture, teaching people to love and forgive,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well, if you want the opinion of a forensic anthropologist; He'd look something like this.

jesus1.jpg

This is a conglomeration forensic reconstruction based on the skeletons of 1st century Jewish tombs.

If Jesus fell within the statistical norms of height and weight of first century Jewish men: He would have been between 4ft 11in and 5ft 3in tall and between 110 to 130 lbs.

(The figure on the Shroud of Turin is in excess of 6 ft.)

For comparison; the average Roman soldier was 5ft 6inch and about 160lbs.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well, if you want the opinion of a forensic anthropologist; He'd look something like this.

View attachment 282362

This is a conglomeration forensic reconstruction based on the skeletons of 1st century Jewish tombs.

If Jesus fell within the statistical norms of height and weight of first century Jewish men: He would have been between 4ft 11in and 5ft 3in tall and between 110 to 130 lbs.

I just knew someone would bring this Neanderthal looking guy up. I hate it, the bible says Her had no beauty that He should be desired, but He was not ugly or repulsive, children were drawn to Him so He had to have a kind looking face----this is more like what I picture Peter as looking like---being the perpetual bull in a China shop type of guy. I can't see children running up to this brutish looking chap.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I just knew someone would bring this Neanderthal looking guy up. I hate it, the bible says Her had no beauty that He should be desired, but He was not ugly or repulsive, children were drawn to Him so He had to have a kind looking face----this is more like what I picture Peter as looking like---being the perpetual bull in a China shop type of guy. I can't see children running up to this brutish looking chap.

Pete always gets a bad rap - LOL.

No one ever said this WAS what Jesus looked like; but only that this was the racial perimeters that were most common.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

View attachment 282362

That guy looks over 33...

But, I think the hair and nose are better than most depictions.

*The reason I say "Babyface...ish" is because I don't think He worried too much...He had that otherworldly peace.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

It seems softer and more effeminate than I would imagine, but I don’t claim any new revelation of Ηis appearance. I only hope that I am one of those of whom He says: John 10:27-29

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
That guy looks over 33...

But, I think the hair and nose are better than most depictions.

*The reason I say "Babyface...ish" is because I don't think He worried too much...He had that otherworldly peace.

Well, historically most people looked older than they actually were. Exposure to the sun breaks down collagen in the skin which is what "ages" people. That's not related to how much someone "worries" or doesn't. With the exception of the time He preached; Jesus was basically a manual laborer; so He likely looked older than He actually was because He would have been outside all the time.

There is a passage in the Scripture where a pharisee says to Him: "Your not yet 50; how is it you can say that before Abraham was, you were." So, for what ever that comment is worth; He didn't look like He was over 50.

Now figuring out Jesus's real age is another issue. You'd have to compare the "began to be about 30 years old" to other pieces of historical information we have.

"Began to be about 30..." would be more accurately translated as "began to be in the midst of 30's".

We can pinpoint via when the Passover fell; what year Jesus died (33 AD is the only year of possible suspects when Passover fell from Thursday into Friday). Then based on when Herod the Great died (4 BC) we can pretty much pinpoint when Jesus was born. (Most likely 7 BC during the feast of tabernacles.) Now since there is no year "zero" that's 39 years.

This would have made Jesus 6 months shy of turning 40 when He died.

• Informative
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well, historically most people looked older than they actually were. Exposure to the sun breaks down collagen in the skin which is what "ages" people. That's not related to how much someone "worries" or doesn't. With the exception of the time He preached; Jesus was basically a manual laborer; so He likely looked older than He actually was because He would have been outside all the time.

There is a passage in the Scripture where a pharisee says to Him: "Your not yet 50; how is it you can say that before Abraham was, you were." So, for what ever that comment is worth; He didn't look like He was over 50.

Now figuring out Jesus's real age is another issue. You'd have to compare the "began to be about 30 years old" to other pieces of historical information we have.

"Began to be about 30..." would be more accurately translated as "began to be in the midst of 30's".

We can pinpoint via when the Passover fell; what year Jesus died (33 AD is the only year of possible suspects when Passover fell from Thursday into Friday). Then based on when Herod the Great died (4 BC) we can pretty much pinpoint when Jesus was born. (Most likely 7 BC during the feast of tabernacles.) Now since there is no year "zero" that's 39 years.

This would have made Jesus 6 months shy of turning 40 when He died.

I'm glad somebody did their homework.

However, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the whole working in the sun thing. Middle eastern cultures have always had ways to deal with that, like covering up, etc...

Plus, you don't believe worry and stress have any bearing on appearing older?

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad somebody did their homework.

However, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the whole working in the sun thing. Middle eastern cultures have always had ways to deal with that, like covering up, etc...

Plus, you don't believe worry and stress have any bearing on appearing older?

Worry and stress do affect how one looks; but not as much as sun exposure.

Though men in the Middle-East do cover their heads; that doesn't usually include the face - (unless there is a sandstorm and they are outside - thus the need for the type of clothing they wear)

Wind is another factor. You ever been in a sand storm? They are but a wee unpleasant!

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Worry and stress do affect how one looks; but not as much as sun exposure.

Though men in the Middle-East do cover their heads; that doesn't usually include the face - (unless there is a sandstorm and they are outside - thus the need for the type of clothing they wear)

Wind is another factor. You ever been in a sand storm? They are but a wee unpleasant!

Not an all out storm, I don't think, but I did grow up in the windy and arid High Desert, so I can understand a bit.

Upvote 0