ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm having a hard time listening to God. Some say you hear Him from you heart. But my sister hears voices from the brain. So, How can I help her too?
I would caution people to be very, very discerning when they feel they hear God talking to them audibly or putting words into their minds.

Those same people get mad at God if they were wrong and it is not God. Test the Spirits.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for those who prayed for me, and my sister. God and Son was healing us last night and my sister slept last night. Which is rare. Jesus was working on us last night. But he has more to work with. We are caked with evil spirit. We are Irish/Scott. So, I blame on our history of our ancestors in the B.C.. Because they were druids and worshiped evil spirits. And I wonder the evil spirits got into there bodies someone. It's a thought.

I know I have evil spirits in my body as well. That try to mimic the Holy Spirit. So, I'm having a hard time hearing the Holy Spirit, Or hearing God, Or Jesus. They use a peppermint feeling. Which I think is the Holy Spirit.

As, they do that they put it in me. So, I don't know what's going on with me. But I know God's changing me.

Thank you for praying for me!
God speaks to most of us through His Word. If you are not reading His Word, my suggestion is to start to. Even if it is only for 10 minutes per day. That is a great investment in your spiritual well being and spiritual growth.

Remember what God's Word says. When we repent of our sins, God is faithful and just to cleanse us of all unrightetousness. Stay diligent in repentence.

Upvote 0

JesusIsMySavior101

Matthew 25:40 everything we do, we do it for Him!!
Oct 16, 2016
Usa
✟10,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think those with a pure heart can hear from him ( Matt 5:8 ). So maybe all your suffering / trails will help refine, get rid of impurities and make His voice be more recognizable among all the other voices in your head. I once heard on the radio that with training anyone can hear His voice speaking to their heart. So there's hope!

I don't know how common it is but I've heard His voice all the time. Like my thoughts were not my own. I'd like to believe it is Him guiding me with His Holy Spirit giving me hope / guidance. And yes I have matched some of it up with the scriptures so I can be confident it was of Him (^.^). I hope someday you will have the same experience. But I don't think everyone's plan is the same.

JesusIsMySavior..

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm having a hard time listening to God. Some say you hear Him from you heart. But my sister hears voices from the brain. So, How can I help her too?
Read your bible.

Here's how I listen.

Matthew chapter 4 verse 4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Romans chapter 1 verse 28
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

John chapter 8 verse 31,32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, " If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
2 John
9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
Job chapter 23 verse 12
I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Matthew 11
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Luke chapter 21
33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Romans chapter 10
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
Mark chapter 13
31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
James chapter 1
25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
James chapter 4
8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Isaiah chapter 45 verse 19
I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.
Jeremiah chapter 9
24 but let the one who boasts boast about this:
that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,”
declares the Lord.
Jeremiah chapter 5 verse 1
5 “Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem,
look around and consider,
search through her squares.
If you can find but one person
who deals honestly and seeks the truth,
I will forgive this city.

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

everyone that practices the faith right receives anointing from God to hear and understand His Word right

Blessings

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Always make The Sign of The Cross, focussing on Jesus on His Cross and focussing from her heart on Jesus, His Holy Life, His Holy Mysteries and in illustration, on His Bitter Passion suffered with 7 Our Fathers, 7 Hail Marys and 7 Glory Bes prayed first immersing her heart and soul in our Lord Jesus Holy Sacred Wounds, in His Precious Holy Blood and praying on the strength of His Bitter Passion to Jesus God Holy Spirit and through our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary in Jesus God and Holy Spirit.

In these ways our hearts and souls enter our Lord Jesus Holiness Purity Goodness and our hearts souls minds are guarded against satan.

Asking Holy Michael Archangel praying to him for greater protection with The Sign of The Cross made and some people become annoyed when I say this however we are guarded against evil trying to infiltrate the mind while our hearts are open receiving Jesus Holy Spirit into hearts and for me through our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary in Jesus Holy Spirit God our Heavenly Father.

The deeper ones heart is immersed in Jesus Sacred Heart and His Bitter Passion Sorrows Sufferings His Life focussed on Jesus and His Life and His Sorrowful Mysteries the more one should be "receiving" Jesus into hearts as opposed to just minds.

The Saints all testify to this Holy fact over centuries

God our Heavenly Fathers Holy Saints of Whom God Himself mentions in His Holy Word many many times.

please tell your beautiful Sister OP and always addressing Jesus, Holy Spirit and our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary in God our Heavenly Divine Majesty, God our Heavenly Father, through Jesus God

• Prayers
Reactions: Alicia Schout
Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Btw - these are my own personal ways and Jesus God and Holy Spirit and through our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary speaks to our hearts individually in His Holy different Ways in His Holy Will and I comprehend this Holy fact.

Just sharing one of Jesus Holy Spirits and my Holy Blessed Virgin Mother Marys Holy Ways through our Lord Jesus Holy Spirit I receive Jesus Holy Spirit God my Heavenly Father into my heart with my Blessed Virgin Mother Mary in Holy communication and Holy Communion in Jesus Sacred Heart and through my Blessed Heavenly Holy Queen of Heavens Holy Immaculate Heart daily

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for those who prayed for me, and my sister. God and Son was healing us last night and my sister slept last night. Which is rare. Jesus was working on us last night. But he has more to work with. We are caked with evil spirit. We are Irish/Scott. So, I blame on our history of our ancestors in the B.C.. Because they were druids and worshiped evil spirits. And I wonder the evil spirits got into there bodies someone. It's a thought.

I know I have evil spirits in my body as well. That try to mimic the Holy Spirit. So, I'm having a hard time hearing the Holy Spirit, Or hearing God, Or Jesus. They use a peppermint feeling. Which I think is the Holy Spirit.

As, they do that they put it in me. So, I don't know what's going on with me. But I know God's changing me.

I see dark spirits also, and light spirits. I just ignore them for the most part. But you should know what the bible says about spirits, unless you already know of course:

1 John: {4:1} Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. {4:2} Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: {4:3} And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and
this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Have you looked for guidance in the New Testament? Have you sought the witness of other Christians and their testimony about what Jesus has done for them? Some hardened criminals were able to turn to Christ and repent:

Six ex-onvicts who transformed their lives - Christians

Sometimes God speaks with actions, other times with words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Tell her to say.. what is written. Jesus said.. my sheep hear my voice the voice of a stranger they will not hear. So..say that..every time a voice trys to pop up. Take your authority over it ..for her.. if she cant. Jesus gave you ALL power over the enemy and NOTHING shall by ANY means hurt you. Greater is HE that is in YOU then he thats in the world. So.. yeah.. you tell those lying voices..they HAVE NO RIGHT NO CHOICE ..they have to FLEE IN JESUS NAME!.

NO! Thats YOUR House not his.. you say it again JOHN 3:16..you remind him of that BLOOD OF JESUS and how JESUS is your lord.. and that lying spirit..that voice has to go. Pray for her... well.. I have to cover all. We all get sick.. our head can get sick also :) Isa 53:5.. 1st Peter 2:24

Phil 4:7 "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."... WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND YOUR MINDS!

To hear.. we need to listen.. again.. what is written? Wait on the lord and you shall? Wait on Him.. listen.. me.. I always repent.. things like that.. always want to make sure nothing gets between us.

Its the word.. HIS WORD. He is the word. You speak HIS word. IT IS WRITTEN! And.. dont doubt.. have faith. In HIM! If its written.. no matter what you see hear feel. HE WILL ALWAYS keep His word.. And..she will stop hearing any voices.. they will all stop.. in Jesus name! Rejoice.. YOUR FATHER cant lie!

• Informative
Reactions: Bro. Daniel
Upvote 0

Alicia Schout

Aug 17, 2017
Netherlands
✟52,769.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Always make The Sign of The Cross, focussing on Jesus on His Cross and focussing from her heart on Jesus, His Holy Life, His Holy Mysteries and in illustration, on His Bitter Passion suffered with 7 Our Fathers, 7 Hail Marys and 7 Glory Bes prayed first immersing her heart and soul in our Lord Jesus Holy Sacred Wounds, in His Precious Holy Blood and praying on the strength of His Bitter Passion to Jesus God Holy Spirit and through our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary in Jesus God and Holy Spirit.

In these ways our hearts and souls enter our Lord Jesus Holiness Purity Goodness and our hearts souls minds are guarded against satan.

Asking Holy Michael Archangel praying to him for greater protection with The Sign of The Cross made and some people become annoyed when I say this however we are guarded against evil trying to infiltrate the mind while our hearts are open receiving Jesus Holy Spirit into hearts and for me through our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary in Jesus Holy Spirit God our Heavenly Father.

The deeper ones heart is immersed in Jesus Sacred Heart and His Bitter Passion Sorrows Sufferings His Life focussed on Jesus and His Life and His Sorrowful Mysteries the more one should be "receiving" Jesus into hearts as opposed to just minds.

The Saints all testify to this Holy fact over centuries

God our Heavenly Fathers Holy Saints of Whom God Himself mentions in His Holy Word many many times.

please tell your beautiful Sister OP and always addressing Jesus, Holy Spirit and our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary in God our Heavenly Divine Majesty, God our Heavenly Father, through Jesus God

I don't agree with you in regarding to praying to the Virgin Mary of the any other saints.
The bible clearly tell us anything we ask in the Name of Jesus should be given to us. And not in the name of a saint of virgin Mary. They are sinners just as we are.
We are only santified by the blood of Jesus. The cross is the symbol of what Jesus has done for us. On the cross power and principals are disarmed.

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,503.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I don't agree with you in regarding to praying to the Virgin Mary of the any other saints.
The bible clearly tell us anything we ask in the Name of Jesus should be given to us. And not in the name of a saint of virgin Mary. They are sinners just as we are.
We are only santified by the blood of Jesus. The cross is the symbol of what Jesus has done for us. On the cross power and principals are disarmed.
I would almost never pray to saints or angels, but Mary is not a sinner, she is glorified and perfected.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I hear Him certainly through His Word. I also have had some visions or maybe manifestations is a better word, I've had one dream that lead me to the book of James for an answer and two other dreams that played out in life. I've witnessed physical events. But none of those things are as direct as His Word, unless they led me to His word like the book of James for instance. You could ask how could a physical event not be as direct as the Word ? Because nothing speaks , it's a manifestation open to interpretation. It's more recognition that He is with me but nobody tells me why. The word is pretty direct. My most convincing experience in the bible is Proverbs 4 but there are many others too. Proverbs 4 has spoken to me for more occasions when needing to witness or needing to confirm if I did ok witnessing, as Proverbs 4 has. He has plucked/picked those pages more times for me than I deliberately have gone there on my own. But I won't go wrong with Proverbs 3 either. The first time He showed me Proverbs 4 in a witnessing situation it shook me and brought me to tears, the reality of how He was speaking to not just me but the situation struck me mightily. That myself and this person I am witnessing to, needs to hear the father, needs to discern, get wisdom not of this world but from Him. Oh it's powerful stuff. Open your ears to hear ! People don't hear from God because they are not really listening, sometimes they don't really want to hear because it is going to be instruction and not of their own will.

In spite of the visions, a couple of dreams that came to pass in real life, in spite of the manifestations before my eyes, nothing portrays the spirit, the nature of Jesus Christ like His Word, again unless the vision or manifestation leads to His Word.. He speaks to us through His Word. And especially so after you get the right order of things ( rightly dividing). But dreams, thoughts, those manifestations play out later on, it's like finally something takes place and you suddenly realize " that's what that manifestation was about, or that dream or thought that has been just playing heavy on me for weeks". The word is revelation, often right then and there. It boggles the mind how many so called Christians just neglect it, don't read the bible. I can't wait to hear the next nugget or diamond or ruby He will reveal to me from His Word. Had I never read the bible I would never have known the power of Proverbs 4 to me and those I witness to as well. And I don't have to read it to them but use that knowledge in my witnessing. Had I never read the Word, I'd never have known the power of Daniel 9. Or the special nature of Paul's ministry, the relevance of it in these times we live in. Revelations of the mysteries of Jesus Christ are written in those pages of the bible. We say we are Christians but we don't know His Word ? No wonder The Church is a pure mess and the people while saved are lost on the very pathway they are walking. How silly is that !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ambc

Mark 12:30-31
Aug 18, 2017
Houston, TX
✟20,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I’m a regular, responsible consumer of legal prescription stimulant medications. Whenever I take too many, I can hear God speak to me with an audible voice in my head. God must have the ability to alter stuff in my head when I’m in a semi-psychotic state to communicate with me. I know that it’s God and not myself because I sometimes hear words that I’ve never used before. So if anyone wants to hear from God directly, get some stimulant medicines and take too many of them, then pray and listen.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,996.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
posted earlier: "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27

response: If Jesus is being literal in that passage, then you are also literally a sheep.

This Scripture can be disregarded also as you apply that same way of thinking to it:
"...Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

No where in Scripture are Christians told that they should expect to hear from God as a voice in their head or heart, or a strong compulsion or urging, or as a shiver down their spine, or a warm, fuzzy feeling. No where in all of the New Testament do we read of any believer hearing from God these ways. Instead, we read things like:

2 Timothy 3:15-17
15 ...from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

You don't need a voice in your head to guide you. You have the written word of God that is fully able to teach you God's will for your life.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,996.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Biblical examples of hearing Yahweh's voice is from I Cor 12 and I Tim 1:18.
-"For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will."
-"This command I am entrusting to you, child Timothy, in accordance with the prophecies previously made about you, so that by them you might fight the good fight," I Tim 1:18

What we hear isn't equal to Scripture plus it's to be tested. "Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I Thess 5:20-21

Same method applies to sermons "And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:10-11

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 12:7-11
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:
8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,
9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

I don't see anywhere in this passage anything about the Spirit speaking as a voice in one's head, or manifesting as a sensation of electricity, or shivers, or warm fuzzies. It is reading into the passage what is not there to say it teaches that one should expect the Spirit to speak as a voice in one's mind. What's more, we don't see any of the apostles or prominent New Testament Christians being led about by a divine inner voice. Certainly, there is no plain, direct teaching in Scripture urging us to anticipate such a thing.

1 Timothy 1:18
18 This charge I commit to you, son Timothy, according to the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you may wage the good warfare,

How does this become ground for thinking that every believer should expect the Holy Spirit to manifest to them as an inner voice? Again, it is thoroughly eisegetical to read this verse and say it means we should expect God to speak directly to our minds by His Spirit. You'll notice, too, that Paul expects Timothy to act on the basis of past apostolic prophecies made to him, not on some voice within, guiding him supernaturally.

The time of the prophetic is long past. We have now the fully sufficient word of God in which we possess all we need to live "godly in Christ Jesus." If everything that is "heard" within must be proved by Scripture, why not just skip the "voice in my head" and go straight to Scripture? That makes very good sense to me...

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,996.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yahweh has spoken since the beginning and continues to speak in numerous ways – anyway, He wants. This includes only a few ways that’s shown in Scripture.

He continues to use the skies for signs and seasons to communicate (Gen 1:14). This is interesting since we’ve just had the total eclipse in the US. Also, in Hebrew, seasons means appointed times, place and meeting. Also Scriptures such as Psa 8:3; 19:1.

Yahweh spoke audibly sometimes in the OT such as Gen 3:8; 2 Samuel 22:14; Psalm 29:3–9; 68:33; Jeremiah 10:13 and in the NT such as “And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Matt 3:7); Saul and his company of men (Acts 9:1-9) and John 12:28. Certainly, He speaks through The Word (such as Deu 8:3; Psa 19:7-11; Pro 30:5). He spoke to their minds such as:
- Since the Biblical authors weren’t there, for example, when Elohim spoke “…Let there be light: and there was light” (Gen 1:3), it means He gave that information to their minds so they could record it (II Tim 3:16; II Peter 1:20-21) including some prophesies about Yeshua such as Mic 5:2; Isa 7:14; 28:11-13 which they couldn't have known beforehand.
- He puts words in their mouths - Old Testament (Isa 59:21) and NT “But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.” (Matt 10:19). That means He gave them information in their minds so they could speak what He wanted.
-“And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.” Luke 2:25-26
-Paul and Timothy “…were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,” Acts 16:6
-Yahweh opened minds and still does (Luk 24:45, II Cor 4:4).

Today, Yahweh continues to speak including to our minds:
- - “But the Counselor, the Ruach HaKodesh, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything; that is, he will remind you of everything I have said to you.” John 14:26
- “And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.” Acts 2:17 -“… covet to prophesy…” I Cor 14:39 Manifestations of the spiritual gifts (I Cor 12 and 14). Purposes for prophesy includes edification, and exhortation, and comfort (I Cor 14:3) He continues to speak to us and want us to speak what He wants. It serves His purposes.
- “However, when the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own initiative but will say only what he hears. He will also announce to you the events of the future.” John 16:13
- Again OT and NT "... To day if ye will hear His voice, Psa 95:7) and "...the Holy Ghost saith, Today if ye will hear his voice..." (such as Heb 3:7, 15).
-Among other things, The Holy Spirit convicts us of sin (John 16:8); His Word is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit,..." (John 14:16) we're spirit, soul, and body (I Thess 5:23); and comforts us (John 14:16) - that's all through our minds.

Plus Yahweh doesn’t have a problem confirming what He’s said (Acts 20:22-23; 21:10-11)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Mediakira
Upvote 0