How do you go on with life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you go on with life when all hope is lost?  I have been betrayed by some Christian friends..........treated unjustly by others.....trying to care for a son who has sz severely.

I was on the phone this morning till 1:30am with a counselor on a "hot-line" this morning.

Today...things just kept on getting worse and worse.  I did talk with one of the elders of our church.  I talked with my therapist...she say's I need to get to a p hosp ASAP.  But we have only 50% coverage on inpatient psych hosp.

I have prayed.....prayed with an elder.....talked with a friend.  I don't know what else to do and I am finding myself not caring enough to do anything.

I think I've crashed.

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Babylon 5 is one of my favorite TV shows. One of the quotes from it I like: "Faith manages."

How do you go on? One foot in front of the other. One meal at a time. I don't know; I'm not nvery good at it.

I'm very sorry you were betrayed. You have my prayers.

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
I will be praying for you Katastrophe.

Something that my Dad once said to me that I've always held close to my heart is that no matter how bad things seem to get, at some point they have to start getting better.

I guess to truly appreciate where that advice came from, you would have to understand that my Dad had a progressive disease that slowly claimed more and more of his body.

This was his favorite scripture...

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

When the troubles of this world just seem too much, hand them all over Jesus. He will see you through them. We will go through many storms in this life, but Christ can calm those troubled waters, and bring us the comfort we need to get through them. Put your trust in Him to do this for you.

Upvote 0

ChristianPilot

If God is your co-pilot, switch seats!
Mar 24, 2002
Middle of Nowhere
Visit site
✟8,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I went through an ordeal where I was very depressed. I felt like my life was coming to an end. My advice to you: kick satan out! That's him lying to you. Find a quiet place and read your Bible. Specifically the chapters that detail Jesus' life. I think it scares satan off. It sure helped me out :)
I've prayed for you.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 06:51 AM Katastrophe said this in Post #6 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=650539#post650539)

Thank You All for your suggestions, replies, and prayers. I am grateful to all!!! And I made it though another night and am still on planet earth

:clap: Praise God! And you will make many more and grow stronger and stronger. Please soak in the Word as I suggested. I KNOW it will help you and talk openly and frankly with Jesus and tell Him how you feel and ask for His help. He will help you.

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Today at 04:51 AM Katastrophe said this in Post #6

Thank You All for your suggestions, replies, and prayers. I am grateful to all!!! And I made it though another night and am still on planet earth

Praise Jesus you made it through another night! :hug:

Just keep taking things one day at a time, and keep trusting in God. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.