✟23,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello all!

I had a past dealing with the occult for many years which I have finally seen that it is a true deception by the enemy. Not only have I realized it is a deception but I have made it my goal to deliver other family members from it by preaching to them in hopes they would repent and change. I have already started doing so. Over the past two years I have been under spiritual attack that is getting stronger and stronger and I believe is from witchcraft from some people I am no longer friends with. I am constantly plagued with demonic nightmares, feel depressed, having weird sicknesses, car accident, incredible confusion and my cat recently died. Before my repentence last year I thought the only way to fight witchcraft is with witchcraft but I have learned that it only makes the situation much worst. Since then I have started going to bible study and learning about Christ and now the attacks are even worst! As a new Christian and a repented Christian I do not know what to do. The church I go to just tell me to continue studying the bible and praying but I still feel so lost. I pray all the time for protection and I still feel guilty as though God has written me off for good. The attacks are so strong and unbearable at times.
How can I effectively defeat this and live a new life of Christ? Why am I still experiencing demonic nightmares, weird accidents, and pains?

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Have you gone through deliverance yet?

Witchcraft comes from evil spirits, and they stay inside the body until they are cast out by God, by you or by another believer in the name of Jesus. And they continue to torment us until stopped, and until we are cleansed and have let go completely of our pasts. Have you done this yet?

As for witchcraft, you simply pray against it. Break any curse or spell put upon yourself by others in the name of Jesus Christ, and ask the Lord for protection and for Him to stop the attacks. If you have done this, the attacks are coming directly from the enemy and not from other people.

I've gone through a lot of what you are describing, so please send me a PM if you want to talk. I would love to help you out. :prayer:

In Christ,
Em

PS: Welcome to Christian Forums. :)

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2018
California
✟23,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Witchcraft comes from evil spirits, and they stay inside the body until they are cast out by God, by you or by another believer in the name of Jesus. And they continue to torment us until stopped, and until we are cleansed and have let go completely of our pasts. Have you done this yet?

As for witchcraft, you simply pray against it. Break any curse or spell put upon yourself by others in the name of Jesus Christ, and ask the Lord for protection and for Him to stop the attacks. If you have done this, the attacks are coming directly from the enemy and not from other people.

I've gone through a lot of what you are describing, so please send me a PM if you want to talk. I would love to help you out. :prayer:

In Christ,
Em

How do I PM you?

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That Bible study should be praying over you.

Outside of praying remove anything in your house that might be an anchor from that former life. Evil music, books, crystals, etc renouncing it as you destroy it. Remember that there is no sin greater in power than Christs promise to you of salvation. Faith is trust in that promise. Pray, and have the Bible Study pray over you like they should have done. The way it increases when you try to go to a Bible Study makes me think it is something anchored to you, rather than brought on by someone else. Have you been Baptized? I would look into that if you haven't been.

• Informative
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2018
California
✟23,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm currently staying with someone and will be moving out in 2 weeks they have a few items such as a buddha statue, dreamcatcher and a dragon poster.
Ive been dealing with these nightmares for about two years now. I started studying with JW but they do not believe in exorcisms or deliverance in the method of praying over someone. I haven't been studying long but i'm so miserable and it's worst now that i'm trying to learn about God. The person that supposedly helped me get rid of the witchcraft took my money and I believe she made it worst my life has been darker afterwards. I need help.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
How do I PM you?
You need to have at least 20 posts and 5 positive post ratings before you can start a PM.
When and how can I start a conversation?
Once you have made at least 20 posts and have 5 positive post ratings, you can initiate conversations with other members. To do this, you can either click on Start a Conversation under the member's name, or click on your Inbox, and click on Start a Conversation at the bottom of the pop up.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) | Christian Forums

Praying that you may be relieved of your distress.
Lord, have mercy.

Upvote 0
Jan 20, 2018
California
✟23,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've had nightmares about the enemy attacking me and he attacked my cat in my dreams and two weeks later she died. I'm so hurt from it
Heavenly Father, I ask your grace and mercy on Your servant @readyforachange , and ask that in Your loving kindness, that You would comfort him in his loss, deliver him from nightmares and evil spirits that afflict him, forgive his sins, and guide him that he might walk closer to You, enveloped in Your love and protection. Lord, have mercy.

I have never had involvement with the occult, though I did follow Buddhism for a few years in my youth. I have been troubled by nightmares and the Old Hag (sleep paralysis, I presume) over the years. I don’t have much advice, except pray regularly (confesssing and repenting of past sin), read the Psalms at night before bed, and seek out advice and prayer from your pastor. I am sorry you are facing such suffering at this time.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party

In Christ,
Em

Well said, and very important.

Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm currently staying with someone and will be moving out in 2 weeks they have a few items such as a buddha statue, dreamcatcher and a dragon poster.
Ive been dealing with these nightmares for about two years now. I started studying with JW but they do not believe in exorcisms or deliverance in the method of praying over someone. I haven't been studying long but i'm so miserable and it's worst now that i'm trying to learn about God. The person that supposedly helped me get rid of the witchcraft took my money and I believe she made it worst my life has been darker afterwards. I need help.
Read 2 Kings 5. While you are in that house you need to create a sacred space just like Naaman did when he asked for some dirt from Isreal to take back with him. As a Christian you are a temple of God, you are sacred space. Claim that room, corner to corner for God. Give that space to God.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
How do you fight witchcraft ... The attacks are so strong and unbearable at times. How can I effectively defeat this ...
Greetings. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

I've personally known some (myself included), who have had great success repelling negative/evil spiritual forces practicing metta (good-will/loving-kindness) meditation:

"when ... good-will is cultivated, developed, pursued, handed the reins and taken as a basis, given a grounding, steadied, consolidated, & well-undertaken, any non-human being who would think of possessing that ... mind would simply reap his share of trouble & vexation." SN 20.5

"for one whose ... good will is cultivated, developed, pursued, handed the reins and taken as a basis, given a grounding, steadied, consolidated, and well-undertaken ... benefits can be expected ... One sleeps easily, wakes easily, dreams no evil dreams. One is dear to human beings, dear to non-human beings. The devas protect one ..." AN 11.16

We practice metta meditation by settling and focusing the mind, then cultivating the growth of feelings of loving-kindness & good-will in the mind towards all beings, mentally "radiating" that metta energy towards every direction.

One friend has a family who very visibly experienced the effects of malevolent witchcraft cast against them (unexplained scratches on their bodies, repeated illnesses, cold spots, very "bad luck", etc.), and successfully exorcised the problem within a few days when he & his whole family practiced metta meditation.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

daniel_B_0506

Jan 3, 2018
Dubuque
✟15,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was also once a witchcraft practitioner before Jesus saved me. After I was saved I still was being attacked by demons; I could even see and hear them. It got worse the more I learned about God. What made the big difference was getting rid of all the evil music, crystals, anything dealing with it. I then prayed the demons out of my life; I even went to the point of anointing everything in my house. Including clothes, all belongings, doorways; all in the name of Christ, the father, and the holy spirit. They eventually left after doing that. I've still found at times they will come back; but it's because you are now a serious threat to them, they are fearful of the power of Christ. If it wasn't so, they wouldn't be trying to torture you so. Keep your head up friend, do these things, pray, trust in Christ, learn, and soon it will stop.

Upvote 0

daniel_B_0506

Jan 3, 2018
Dubuque
✟15,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Witchcraft is based on the belief that by performing certain rituals, "spiritual powers" can be induced to grant our wishes. There is no such thing as witchcraft.
Oh, but there absolutely is.

Reactions: HonestScript
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Welcome! :wave:

"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." -- Matthew 18:20

Welcome to Christian Forums! We are so glad that you have decided to join our membership and become a part of our community. We appreciate that you took the time to read and agree to our sitewide rules when you joined, and we would be happy to answer any questions you might have on those rules. You can read our Statement of faith here. We would encourage you to spend some time exploring all that our site has to offer. If you are looking for thought-provoking discussions and debate you might want to check out Theology or the Discussion and Debate forums. If you are looking for fellowship and fun you might want to spend time in the Leisure and Society forums. Whatever your interests are, we know that you will find a wide variety of opportunities for involvement here at Christian Forums (CF).

While you are exploring CF, you will find that there are categories which consist of specific, topic-based forums. There are only two categories, Theology and Edification, which are for Christian members only. The remaining categories are open to all members. Please note that some of the forums have threads which are stuck to the top of the page. These are known as "sticky threads" and they usually contain information relevant to that specific forum. If you aren't sure where to post on a particular topic, just contact a CF staff member and they can help direct you to the appropriate forum.

CF is moderated by staff members who are responsible for making sure that CF runs smoothly. You can view a list of CF staff members in the Help link. If you have questions related to a specific forum, please feel free to send a private message (PM) to any of the staff members and they will assist you. If you have questions about CF, please post a thread with your question in the main Questions about CF forum, or it's subforum the Tech Help Desk.

We know this is a lot of information to take in at one time, but we also know that you will get a handle on things quickly as you get involved and start fellowshiping with other members. If there are any questions or concerns that you would like to bring to the attention of our CF Administrators, please open up a Ticket in the Support Tickets area. It is our sincere desire that all of our members have a positive experience while participating here at Christian Forums.

Once again, thank you for joining Christian Forums, we look forward to getting to know you better. :)

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0