How do you feel that LGBT will now be taught to Primary School children?

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,923,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi @J Daniel, since the "gay agenda" has always been the societal mainstreaming of homosexuality (as something that is considered just as normal and/or mainstream as heterosexuality always has been), I think those who continue to push this agenda will not stop doing so until they have seen what you said in the OP (among many other things) come to fruition.

--David

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
And there exist churches that teach that its ok to be monogamously gay. I wonder how they view GAY DATING then?
I suppose they must also accept that too.

Jude feels appropriate, and they were sodomites. Do people understand what that means?

5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their [c]proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

But you know The apostles and Christ warned the church that in the end times perilous times would come and doctrines of demons.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hi J Daniel. It's been like this in my state of the United States (California) for a few years now. I think since 2011 or so? (I don't know for sure, as I don't have children, so I don't keep up with this sort of thing very closely.)

Depending on how it's done, I could see it being okay. Lessons about how people who identify as LGBT+ are people who are deserving of respect and dignity like any other people would be a good reminder to everyone. I don't think it will actually be approached that way (in California, so far as I've seen, it's integrated into the history units at particular stages, so that LGBT contributions to American history in this or that example are held up, and heroes are made out of those people; I don't really understand that, as it's not like having an LGBT soldier in the American Revolution or something would change its outcome one way or another), but it would be nice.

Do you have any insight to share regarding how it will be integrated into teaching at schools in your country? I'm curious. Here in the USA it seems like California is recognized as having led the way in this topic, so the states that are picking it up more recently are mostly following that way of teaching it, which seems a little strange to me. I live in California already, and when I go to other places I don't really want them to be like where I already live. That's the point of travelling. Anyway, I'm interested in your viewpoint.

Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,472.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
There will be no OPT OUT OPTION.............
I am confident that you would not be so foolish as to object to an item on the school curriculum unless you knew in detail what was being taught, what the stated objectives were, how the lessons were to be presented and in which context. It would be helpful to other members, in forming their opinions on the matter, if you could provide some detail for each of these aspects. Thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
My daughter read a book I won a few years ago. It was about a large family who educated their children at home. They were Christian and the children performed well and landed good jobs.

She developed a desire to do the same. I created a plan to provide the income she’d need to work from home and instruct her children or hire someone instead.

I didn’t believe it should be left to chance or land on the shoulders of the person she marries. I felt preparation was best for both.

Reactions: J Daniel
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,708.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Reading the No Outsiders books

Information in newspaper stories isn't very specific, but it appears that the sexual side isn't taught to young ages. What is taught is accepting diversity, over the whole spectrum including race and religion as well, and the existence of families with parents of the same gender.

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes in the UK they will teach about same sex relationships to children. (Primary) hence why in Birmingham (UK) Muslims have made a huge issue about it protesting outside schools and the UK have their hands tied - cos if that Christians protesting there would be arrests.

Need some more info! In the UK? What exactly are they teaching?

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Financial self sufficiency is critical - having more than one income is vital.

But - truth is - people who see the writing on the wall (in the system we live in) are starting to check out on multiple levels.

Preparation is key for all walks of life!

My daughter read a book I won a few years ago. It was about a large family who educated their children at home. They were Christian and the children performed well and landed good jobs.

She developed a desire to do the same. I created a plan to provide the income she’d need to work from home and instruct her children or hire someone instead.

I didn’t believe it should be left to chance or land on the shoulders of the person she marries. I felt preparation was best for both.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is not opt out option - what the school says will go.

Fact is not everybody is comfortable about it - and even teachers (some) not comfortable about it.

I see big issues arising from this where unions and employment lawyers will be used.

You are from the UK (like me) unless you have been living under a rock - all the information about the curiculum has been out there.

Only a few nights ago on BBC Panorama they were talking about it and what will be included.

I did not like how primary schools are going and WOE UNTO THEM that are having children at this time - cos you can clearly see (unless not watching) that once a child is born and in the school system they are property of the state.

Just like our wonderful NHS system - remember Charlie Gard - the hospital not wanting to save his life - DESPITE the family raising their own money etc etc.

I don't like the system we are under right now.

If you think the curriculum will just stay at *being diverse* think again - this is just the beginning watch this space.

I am confident that you would not be so foolish as to object to an item on the school curriculum unless you knew in detail what was being taught, what the stated objectives were, how the lessons were to be presented and in which context. It would be helpful to other members, in forming their opinions on the matter, if you could provide some detail for each of these aspects. Thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's California for you ^_^

https://www.thejc.com/comment/analy...how-far-does-the-right-of-opt-out-go-1.480757

More so FAITH based schools can opt out of that curriculum - however it is STATE schools that won't have that ability.

Hi J Daniel. It's been like this in my state of the United States (California) for a few years now. I think since 2011 or so? (I don't know for sure, as I don't have children, so I don't keep up with this sort of thing very closely.)

Depending on how it's done, I could see it being okay. Lessons about how people who identify as LGBT+ are people who are deserving of respect and dignity like any other people would be a good reminder to everyone. I don't think it will actually be approached that way (in California, so far as I've seen, it's integrated into the history units at particular stages, so that LGBT contributions to American history in this or that example are held up, and heroes are made out of those people; I don't really understand that, as it's not like having an LGBT soldier in the American Revolution or something would change its outcome one way or another), but it would be nice.

Do you have any insight to share regarding how it will be integrated into teaching at schools in your country? I'm curious. Here in the USA it seems like California is recognized as having led the way in this topic, so the states that are picking it up more recently are mostly following that way of teaching it, which seems a little strange to me. I live in California already, and when I go to other places I don't really want them to be like where I already live. That's the point of travelling. Anyway, I'm interested in your viewpoint.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,449,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We didn't homeschool our children, primarily because my wife taught in the same schools, or we got them into whatever were considered the best schools in the area.

But as it turned out, we wished we had, and my daughter absolutely intends to home school her children because of her experiences in "the best school in the city."

However, we always had close friends who did home school, and we saw that it's not a particularly intimidating or time consuming process. Public schools waste an immense amount of a child's day. What they teach poorly in six hours can be taught effectively in three. In one case, the husband did the classroom work in two hours before he left for his job, left them with a bit of homework that his wife supervised, then he went over the homework with them when he got home.

Now, my son is now 40 and my daughter is 31. Their homeschooled friends are extremely well-off now.

A church congregation that is making sure all the needs of its members were met should have a homeschool support program (if not a school of its own).

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
But as it turned out, we wished we had, and my daughter absolutely intends to home school her children because of her experiences in "the best school in the city."

My daughter was homeschooled for a time. I supplemented it with tutoring. In the past I felt boarding schools were best, but I feel her children would be better off at home.

We’re making preparations so she’ll be able to remain home and have an income to contribute to household expenses. I want everything before she marries.

Upvote 0

ThievingMagpie

Jun 5, 2018
London
✟64,205.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
There will be no OPT OUT OPTION.............

What does "LGBT will be taught" mean? You make it sound like children will be instructed in how to conduct a same sex relationship. As I understand it, the no outsiders programme instructs children about the reality of modern families and identities.

• Useful
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,651.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What does "LGBT will be taught" mean? You make it sound like children will be instructed in how to conduct a same sex relationship. As I understand it, the no outsiders programme instructs children about the reality of modern families and identities.

I mean that's the crux of the matter right? You have to be vague about exactly what is being taught here to really get upset about it.

Upvote 0